See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed March 22, 2017

My work booked the hotel for me and at first I was very impressed. I was excited to stay in a historic landmark and it was close to where I needed to be. There was only valet parking at $9 a day, but parking in LA is nearly impossible any way. The valet staff was very friendly and helpful. I arraived about noon and was not able to check in, check in is 2pm. It was disappointing, but common practice at hotels. Registration took my luggage while I met with some people in the lobby. The lobby is beautiful, it was nice and quiet and worked well for the casual meeting. The only complaint so far was the strong smell of fish coming from the restaurant. I am allergic to fish and sensitive to the smell.

When I checked into my room, I noticed the hallway carpet was old, frayed, and warn. The doors to rooms hung crooked and did not seal properly. I entered my room and it was the typical single bed hotel room. What put me off was the old warn furniture in the room. The stains on the chairs and headboard. It didn't appear to be biological, just old and used. The bed was incredibly hard and an old spring mattress. There was no iron, extra pillows, or blankets in the room.

It was clean, just old and worn.

Later I decided to order room service and the menu was entirely in Korean, there was also no information on hotel services or local places to eat or go. There was a yellow pages but it was also in Korean. Thankfully their wifi was good and I could google it.

In the morning I went downstairs to see about breakfast. The fish smell coming from the restaurant hit me as soon as I came of the elevator and I had to leave.

I have stayed at Holliday Inns that are more comfortable.

On the plus side, I will say that the staff was very friendly, although I didn't have much interaction with them. The room was quiet even with the LA traffic.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Julette B
Reviewed February 13, 2017

The rooms are a little dated, but comfortable and spicy. Located in Koreatown, the clientele is largely Korean and the hotel no doubt caters for their needs very well. Korean breakfast is available but the non-korean options are very limited and costly. No orange juice and no pastries were on offer and even a request for a simple ham and cheese omelette was "politely refused".
The food Hall about 5 minutes down the road on the other hand was superb...

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2016

I stayed here one night for visiting in the area. The hotel is managed/operated by Koreans (it's Korean Town in that area). The place is generally clean and neat. They only have valet parking there. The location is convenient for getting around LA downtown.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 28, 2016

Although the property is located on a quiet street, close to downtown LA, it is not worth staying at. The rooms were old-fashioned and in need of a major renovation. The beds were uncomfortable, sheets torn/ripped, and the pillows/sheets didn't feel clean to sleep in. The AC was loud and not working properly. The hotel reeked of cigarette smoke and smelled like East Asian food. If you are low on funds and want to stay for a couple of nights where you will spend the majority of your time outside the hotel, then this MAY be for you.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2016

Clean, spacious, friendly hotel. Great location in Koreatown and near Wilshire Boulevard. We had a problem the first night with our room on the fifth floor being very noisy, near some machinery on the roof. The staff moved us into a quieter room without hesitation, even moving all of our luggage for us whilst we were out for the day, wonderful service :) Good shower pressure, air conditioning in the room worked well. Beds firm, but good quality and very comfortable.

Sushi/Korean restaurant on site is lovely, good value and excellent quality.

Would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Some fifth floor rooms seem to be close to machinery on the roof, which is noisy.
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled with friends