“Sleek and modern hotel with great service”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stayed here in March for a business trip when my usual hotel was outside of the corporate rate. I really liked the decor of the hotel and my room was spacious, clean and unique. It was definitely not your typical hotel, which I appreciated since I travel a lot and most hotels are the same after awhile!

The complimentary coffee in the morning downstairs was wonderful. I took advantage of that daily! I also ate dinner one night after I got back and the food was excellent but small portioned. I didn't mind the small portions but if I were hungrier, I would have had to order an appetizer or salad to go with my main course.

The only thing I disliked: the entrance to the hotel from the street. The flow for cars coming in and out of the hotel doesn't work because you have to use the same driveway. This driveway isn't wide enough for 2 cars to come in and out. More than once, I couldn't get into the hotel and was stuck in a line of cars on La Cienega Blvd. while we watched for a Mazzarati to pull out. The hotel should consider having the other side of the driveway that exits to a side street as the entrance so cars can easily come in without disrupting guests who are leaving.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jennifer M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Was there 1 night and full day. Wish I could have stayed longer. Spent the day by the pool with a friend. Service was great, I was there early so couldnt check into my room right away, they called my mobile once my room was ready and brought my room key up to the pool. Rooms are amazing, up to date, comfy bed and great decor, the mirror tv's was a nice touch. I was in room 478 with a balcony and no complaints. Food was great, service was great, scene was great. Would stay here again hands down and I am a hotel snob.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 1, 2014

The SLS hotel has all the veneer of a W-- glamor, location and sexiness- the staff are clearly hired post Hollywood auditions, but what they lose in service and responsiveness they make up in looks and attitude (sarcasm alert). The restaurant (Bazaar) is amazing, and the crowd oh-so-SBE-hot, but the rooms are average and the pool mediocre. We couldn't find anyone to give us a towel in the middle of the day, the only time the pool is likely to be used during winter. We had an upgraded room-- and if I was Starwood took my recs I would drop this hotel, or downgrade its status-- $400 hotels should have better service.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank akc001
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share your comments with us and hope you will accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experiences you encountered. I'd like to ask that you reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com so that we can best understand the incidents occurred as a means of best improving our services. Thank you so much again for your visit, we do hope you will consider a second visit so we can show you how magical SLS truly is.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights recently on a business trip. Definitely better than W Hollywood and W Westwood. Also better than the Standard(s) as well.

I loved the selection in room service, the service in general, the rooms, the pool and pool bar, the Bazaar, the decor, the room cleanliness, the valet car cleaning, the valet attendants in general, Starck and Jose Andres everything, and the location is fantastic and in the center of EVERYTHING.

Definitely fashion forward. Could use some topical upkeep, like some scratches lining the hallways could be done over to give a more seamless, clean feel to the entire space.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank alsavini
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a reservation to stay at another hotel in LA for our anniversary and upon check-in found out the hotel had over booked and didn't have the room category we reserved. I called the SLS Beverly Hills and spoke with a lady at the front desk. I told her what had happened and she put me on hold and went and spoke to the reservations manager. They also were sold out but had just had a cancelation and held the room till I got there. Upon check-in the lady I spoke with on the phone welcomed me to the hotel and told me everything would be wonderful. When we got to our room there was a nice bottle of champagne on ice in the room with a note wishing me and my husband a happy anniversary. And not just a room over looking the street but a room with a beautiful view of the happening hot spot (the pool).
If your looking for The Happening hotspot this is it. You are one block from The Beverly Center for out of this world shopping but also with-in a short walk or even a shorter ride in the courtesy car the hotel offers to West Hollywood and The Abbey.
Upon returning home I told everyone how this hotel and the wonderful staff had gone above and beyond to make a trip that was destined to be doomed into one of the best hotel experience I have ever had.
Upon making plans to celebrate my husbands 40th birthday and Los Angeles Pride I looked no further than The SLS. Not only did they have rooms but are offering a Pride Package that includes parking $50.00 Ciel Spa credit per night VIP access to The Abbey and transportation to the Abbey in West Hollywood. Its amazing that this hotel would offer a special package for the LGBT Community.
If you plan on going to Beverly Hills check out this outstanding hotel and the wonderful staff will do everything so you can "Savory Life Slow".

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bharrison1804
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several SLS Hotels. The location of this one was great and I really liked the pool that they had upstairs as it is quite a scene for a good time for fun people.

Pros: the staff was incredibly kind and attentive. Cleaning crew was meticulous with the room. The pool is a great hang out however you must get there early

Cons: rooms are incredibly small and dark. We rented a standard sweet and I was not happy with the very little room we had and I think it's very trendy to have mirrors everywhere however at least make them a normal color so maybe we could use them.
Although I say the pool is great which it is… You must get there at 9 AM to reserve an overpriced bed cabana or lay your personal items on no more than two chairs. You must get there early I cannot emphasize enough. The service is good at the pool and I will say that is a pro as well. The deck however is worse then hot black asphalt in Texas on a summer day and when needing to use the restroom you must run and burn the bottom of your feet or make sure you always wear your shoes

Overall I would stay here again but I would be prepared for the tiny room and not so put off

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Txsgrl81
Reviewed May 27, 2014

hip place with very nice rooms. Drinks at the bar were great...a nice place to have dinner, and also a nice place for breakfast.

pool is very nice...but it may be hard to get a cabana bed. if you cant get a bed its a bummer.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed you recent stay ad look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time…Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#17 of 357 in Los Angeles

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!