2,205 results
All reviews beverly hills bazaar restaurant jose andres philippe starck rooftop pool terrace room studio suite house car beverly center rodeo drive favorite hotel hotel guests west hollywood fitness center yogurt valet parking tres
Selected filters
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Beautiful property, and beautiful people.
SLS epitomizes the chic LA where picture is worth a thousand words.
The service was highly attentive and very ambitious.

Upon check in, I was acknowledged my platinum status and was immediately provided for all the benefits that was entitled to the status. They were VERY apologetic for not able to upgrade us to a suite room, and even took good 10 minutes looking through their entire system to see if any availability could be had.
Instead of a simple no, they went out of their way to make SURE.

The rooftop pool was very beautiful, and the people that was utilizing it were even more so.
I can see that it wasn't a place for a family, but for people who are wanting to tan and show off their bodies...
Needless to say, lot of beautiful people utilized the pools...

PROS:
The entire hotel is very stylish and chic.
VERY CLEAN.
The breakfast spread was excellent, and the decor for the restaurant was highly memorable and impressive.
Service was spot on and was VERY attentive, each and every time.

CON:
Our room was spacious, but it seemed that it lacked a furniture or something...there was a big space that was void. Second desk or possibly a small sofa or chair would've made a good fit for that empty space.
Pool service seemed lacking and not so proactive, as I am accustomed to at St Regis and the likes. This was the ONLY area that the service seemed to decline.

CONCLUSION:
I would definitely be back.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I was very excited to stay at the SLS Beverly Hills. I have driven by it many times, and thought" I want to stay there". I had the opportunity last weekend. I was impressed at arrival. Fast valet. Beautiful entrance. Amazing design. Then I tried to check in. The staff at the front desk is not up to par. I expect exemplary knowledgable, friendly staff at check in to such a hotel. The staff at the front desk were not that.

Now to the rooms. I had to change rooms 4 times! The first room smelled of cigarettes. How can they not notice that, before offering a room to someone? The second was promoted on the website as having a freestanding bath, and a freestanding shower. This was not true. Street noise was unbearable in this room as well. Get a room not facing La Cienega. Moved again. Third room smelled like musty shower curtains. Finally moved to final room, and was happy. The manager on duty made an effort to accommodate me. He offered spa credit, and 2 bottles of champagne, free wifi, which was also supposed to be included anyway as per the website, and truffles. I was ok with those gestures, but would have expected more for my numerous troubles. A room upgrade would have been the right thing to do, as well as comped food, etc. this was supposed to be a relaxing 2 day stay, and the first 6 hours was a nightmare.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel. The restaurants were fantastic. The spa was very nice. The overall ambience was beautiful.

Room tip: Choose a room that is not facing La Cienega. Way too loud!
Date of stay: January 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sweetb1
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience, but please accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered during your arrival to your room. I have taken your feedback to my management team to best review the details you have shared with us, to avoid this in the future. We do look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at the SLS when they first opened and were fairly horrified at the haughty demeanor of the staff, and the bad service we received. However after five years of traveling to LA several times a year we thought we'd give it another go, since we got a pretty good rate and could use Starwood points. We also LOVE the restaurant: Bazaar, by Jose Andres. ( we also ate at Tres this stay, which was good...but not the Bazaar good) This time, for a week long stay, we had great service, REALLY friendly and accommodating, if somewhat disorganized (had to ask for a lightbulb to be replaced in my already dim bathroom four times) We did have to wait for a room, even though we arrived after 4 pm, but we were given a complimentary drink in the comfortable bar, and hadn't even finished our glass of wine when they came to get us. They were great about our dog-love a pet-friendly hotel- and it's just a beautiful comfortable place with some of the best people watching around. Beautiful people wearing beautiful fashion.
Pros: the Phillipe Stark decor, the staff and service, (this time!) the restaurants, pool tables on every floor (my son and I played every night) the beautiful spa, the outdoor seating area, and the location. Also it seemed I never had to wait more than 30 seconds for an elevator, which was great for me since I had to walk my dog a lot.
Cons: Hate how dark the room is...wish at least the bathroom was brighter! Valet is expensive-but hey-it's LA-and the guys were very professional and gracious. (Tip: our daughter-who lives in LA would come every day for a an hour or two before we all went out and pay 16$. On the last day, I discovered she could have parked right behind the hotel for free!)

1  Thank EGoldenberg

Thank you for your recent stay with us. I'm so pleased to hear you gave us a second chance and so happy to hear you were pleased with your experience. We pride ourselves on service excellence and I'm sorry to hear that you did not experience during your first stay with us. We do hope to see you in the near future! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Centrally located design hotel with impressive entrance/reception area.

Even though arriving past check-in time we had to wait for more than an hour to get our room. The bathroom was dark, had a strange shower/tub construction and was not clean. The pool area on the roof was run down and nothing like on the pictures on the website. Bazaar restaurant very nice and with excellent dessert-section.

Overall not a bad hotel, but my expectations were definately higher.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm sorry to learn your expectations were not met; however, your feedback is extremely helpful to us as we continue to grow and evolve our brand. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at The Bazaar by Jose Andres. I do hope you will consider a second visit to the property so we can show you just how magical it truly is. Should you wish to speak to us further about your stay, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com. Thank you.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Great location and very nice restaurants. Everything is very stylish except for the rooms. The rooms are getting very old and is in a need of touchup. Gym is very clean and have everything you need. Was there exactly on check in time but had to wait 1 hour to get the room. With kids and 20hours of traveling it would have been nice to get a glass of water.
Internet is still not free in this hotel, why ? Pool area looks nice on the pictures. Maybe its fantastic in the summer time. Have no other hotels in Beverly hills to compare with but i have stayed in many hotels all over the world and my expectations was high on this.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a nice view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I greatly appreciate your feedback as we continue to grow and evolve the brand. I'm sorry to hear your expectations fell short, and hope that you will consider a second visit to the property so we can show you just how magical SLS truly is. Should you wish to discuss any details of your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com.