“Must stay when your in L.A.”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is very swank, great location, and the bazaar nightclub located in the hotel is flat out off the chain. Just be sure to bring your best outfits and shoes, or you will not fit in with this high class crowd. Room was very nice, great service. On Sundays they do a pool party on the roof which was very busy and fun.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mgh412
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,912)

996 - 1,002 of 1,912 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had such high expectations to arrive and stay at what were told was 'the hotel' to stay in Beverly Hills. Our troubles began immediately upon check-in, which we didn't get to check-in at normal check-in time. We waited 3 hours to get our room. Upon getting into the room, it was dark due to poor lighting as well as many of the lights didn't work at all. We finally were able to unpack, settle-in and were hoping for a restful night. Upon pulling the linens down on the bed, to our surprise, ants were in the bed to greet us. Staff moved us to room # 2, to what staff stated was "elite suite." Luckily no ants in our bed, however the aroma of mildew overwhelmed us from the bathroom. The shower curtain and the wooden bench were covered with mildew.

We would not return to this overpriced dirty hotel nor recommend it. The hotel restaurant staff was friendly and accommodating. We still wonder how this hotel gets top rating?

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Karie R

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly HIlls; however, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you had. I know you have been in touch with our management; however, I'd ask you to contact us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollectxion.com so that we can further speak about your experience to best understand the challenges you encountered. We do hope to welcome you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills, so we can show you how magical it truly is.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a trendy hotel with a nice ambience, although extremely dim lit. The room was unique and although aesthically pleasing a little unfunctional. The dining on site is plentiful and palatable however expensive. Great spot to see celebrities and the pool is entertaining and energetic.

• Stayed: July 2013
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm sorry to learn of some of the challenges you faced during your stay. I do greatly appreciate your feedback, as it is extremely important as we continue to grow our brand in the community, as well as globally. We do hope you will consider a second visit, and again, thank you for your comments so we can continue to improve.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I recently stayed with my family at the SLS Hotel in Beverly Hills. it was the first time I have stayed at this property. Because of a health issue, I had some special requests. I googled the name of the Hotel's General Manager and sent him an email with my requests. The Hotel General Manager, Xavier Moulin, responded to my request almost immediately. He indicated that he would do his very best to honor my request and then went on to indicate that he would like to provide me with an amenity upon my arrival, but asked my preference of several different choices because of my health situation. When we arrived at the hotel, my requests were not only honored, but Mr. Moulin went well beyond my request in terms of both a wonderful upgrade plus several amenities. I am rarely one to dole out praise. In fact, I am more quick to write a review when something goes wrong. In this case, I can't say enough wonderful things about this property and its staff, led by Mr. Moulin. The level of service was quite frankly over the top, and I am saying this after having stayed at some of the finest hotels in Asia, a continent known for incredible service at higher end hotels. Every single staff person I encountered during my stay was cheerful and helpful. It was clear to me that this property has skilled and top notch management. Prior to my stay, I read some of the other trip advisor reviews, and noted some that were not overly positive. But after reading the handful of complaints, it just reinforced my opinion, as a fairly frequent traveler, that most frustrating situations could have been avoided with advance communication. There was no way this property could have known about my special needs without my advance notice, and once I provided that input to the hotel, the GM was more than happy to make sure my needs were met. This is clearly a hotel that I will return to, whether I am in the area for business or pleasure, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a great hotel and a memorable (Phillipe Stark design) stay. My kudos to Mr. Moulin and his entire staff.

Room Tip: Don't be shy! If you have a special need, or even a special request, let the hotel know! Most...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank attorneyd

Thank you so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you, and I'm so happy my staff and I were able to provide accommodations for you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love this Hotel!! The staff is so fun! Very professional very chic and modern. I love the pool table on every floor and the roof top pool. The food is amazing! If you are looking for a very modern feel and great service this is the place. Love love love

Room Tip: Ask for the room that has the egg style bathtub it is awesome!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Suzanne M

Thank you so much for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very beautiful room, but not too functional. The lighting was too dim in the room and the bathroom knobs were a little difficult to use. The decor of the room was elegant which added to our experience. The staff we encountered were between average to above average in friendliness. I would return for a special occasion.

• Stayed: August 2013
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. We greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share your feedback with us. Please know we are happy to provide additional lighting should you need it for your next stay, simply let us know. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your overall experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Many reviews rave about this hotel however my experience not one of them. I stayed in 2012 and always meant to write a review but never got round to it. However better late than never. I arrived in LA early afternoon and had a car take me straight to the hotel. We were already paying a premium for the Hotel and had high expectations. The check-in process was quick and we were given our room keys. Once in the room first impressions were good with modem furnishings and a large bed. However the problems soon became apparent.
Firstly the noise from the lobby/ restaurant is loud and continued pretty much 24/7. This was even being on one of the higher floors.
The next problem was the poor maintenance of the room.
The light above the table would flicker in and out as well as one of the wall lights. There is a lot of metal all of which was dusty. When I checked the bathroom there was a large clump of hair in the shower and like the bedroom all the metal/ mirrored surfaces were dusty. I understand they need regular cleaning but when paying the prices we were this shouldn't be occurring. The extractor was also filthy and didn't look like it had been cleaned in years. When we went to have a drink and picked up the corkscrew we also noticed that it was covered in some old mouldy substance.
Normally I would have gone straight downstairs but after a long flight was tired and as such called reception to make my complaints known and then went to sleep. The next day in the morning I again raised my issues with the room to the reception who promised that they would make sure that Housekeeping thoroughly cleaned the room as well as see to the light fixtures. This was around 8am however come 5pm when we returned we found the room the same only the bed having been made. The hair was still in the shower and the lights did not work along with the still mouldy corkscrew.
I again called down to the reception where they apologised and promised to come check the room in front of me. This happened around 2 hours later. After all of this an coupled with the incessant noise we decided we were not going to stay there any longer than necessary and made plans for another hotel nearer to the beach and shopping streets. At check out the receptionists were not even aware of my complaints. A fitting conclusion to our stay I found.
Overall: visit the SLA hotel if you are happy throwing away money as it is not worth the hype and fails on the basic levels expected of 5* hotels.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank rishfern

Thank you for your recent visit; however, please accept my sincere apologies for the unfortunate experience you encountered. I can assure you we take great pride in the cleanliness of the hotel and am extremely disappointed to learn of the imperfections within your room. I am personally reviewing this with our Housekeeping Director so we can better manage this moving forward. As a city hotel I do apologize for any noise disturbances. We are a busy hotel; however, noise shouldn't be a bother 24 hours a day. I do hope you will consider a second visit so we can show you how magical SLS truly is. Should you wish to discuss any details further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com. Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#13 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!