“Stylish hotel - but not worth the price”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. My room was nice ( special design but nice) however I found a hair bundle in the shower. I told the reception when I left for the rest of the day ( check-in was at 12:00). When I came back to refresh before dinner it was still there - I informed reception again. They managed to remove it until I came back from dinner. However this is unacceptable for a 5 star hotel! In general the service is not the best ( should be better / faster in a 5 start hotel) I wouldn't stay there again as in my opinion it is not worth the money! It is too expensive for the kind of service they have. Plus rooms are fancy but not really convienient ( bath room). The attached retaurant i amazing though: Bazar.

• Stayed: November 2012
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm sorry to hear of the shortcoming with our housekeeping department, please note that I agree this is unacceptable and will be reviewing your notes with our housekeeping department. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at The Bazaar by Jose Andres. We are so fortunate to have him as our Culinary Director and I'm pleased you enjoyed the cuisine and overall culinary journey. I do hope you will consider a second visit. Should you wish to discuss any details of your stay further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wish I could give a helpfull review to others,we had a voucher for a free night via our spg rewards so we picked the sls to end our 5000 mile road trip.Reason we wanted to experience a Starwoods level 6 venue.Our luck was better than some of the other reviewers here.When I asked if there was a room with two beds rather than one king.They upgraded us to the presidential suite.At first I thought I had just heard wrong,or that it was just their name for the room above the Superior suite.Like their we're so many suites Presidential.However indeed there is but one on the six floor,and we walked back and forth for quite some time,face timing with family back home our jaws open the whole time.For myself I am sure a once in a lifetime experience,however as we left and the valet hopped around the car to open the passenger door for my daughter,she commented that she could definitely see the value of the Starwoods Luxury Collection experience.So staying at the top in 1900 sq ft of absolute heaven my comments will fail no doubt to be of great use to others.We would like to thank the Starwoods Preferred Guest representative for their kind individual attention in helping us book our room,and express our gratitude to the SLS Hotel and Staff for a memorable experience and ofcourse as the saying goes "Our Lucky Stars" which though seldom seen, did Shine for us that Night!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Stevo3808
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your recent visit. We are so pleased to read your wonderful review, and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Service was excellent - Valet dinged my car and valet manager immediately contacted me and waived the valet fees. Upgraded to a courtyard room which provides a decent place to sit outdoors and do some reading, although the courtyard is not sectioned off by room so the room next door shared the same space as me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sting800
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your recent visit, and please accept my most sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident that occurred with your car at our valet. Please let us know if anything is still needing to be fixed. In addition, please note the variety of room types we have, and note that we do have terrace rooms with private spaces outside as well! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

I spent one night here after surgery, only to realize later that I was receiving the "Star" treatment; i.e. SUV w/darkened windows delivered me to the basement laundry, where I was shuttled up a ramp to a large suite. TV embedded in the enormous mirror at the foot of my bed, glass headboard, etc. Excellent service and care, if even a bit over the top for this next-door neighbor kind of woman.

Room Tip: This room came as part of a pelvic floor repair package with surgeons Miklos & Moore, out of Atl...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

So happy to hear you enjoyed the services received. We hope you are feeling better, and hope that you will come visit us again soon to enjoy the additional amenities the hotel has to offer!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this property for 4 nights.

First it is a very nice property that has that "WOW" factor. It is well kept and despite some negative comments, I must say both the public areas as well as the rooms are very clean. Our suite (SLS Suite) was beautiful and well appointed.

Excellent room service, the night we arrived we ordered food after midnight. The attendant was very nice and was able to accommodate special requests. This is certainly the trademark of a luxury hotel as even more expensive hotels don't provide much in the terms of food choices after midnight.

The Concierge was very nice, efficient, professional and able to grasp the specific needs of the client.

The swimming pool is small but its very nice set up and offers a good choices of food and drinks. DJ is a fun touch.

We had dinner at the Bazaar it was great in terms of food, service and ambiance.

The valet attendants are very courteous and professional

We did encounter some issues which were quickly dealt with by the hotel management.

We went for snacks and drinks around 6-7 pm one evening at Tres. The hostess was rude and had a serious attitude issue.

Housekeeping services could be improved by offering a turndown service as well as making sure that the rooms are supplied with soap, shampoo,etc... daily.

The person who handled our check-out was not particularly nice.

Breakfast: we took the Platinum Continental Breakfast amenity. Very meagre offerings. Charged 20$ and more for egg whites. They might want review this in the future as other guests have raised this issue.

Overall, the SLS is worth it and it deserves better than some recent TripAdvisor posts but they might want to remind some of their staff that they should be courteous at all times with clients. Indeed, some members of the staff ( in my view a small minority) should be told to leave their attitude at home as they overshadow the excellent service delivered by the majority of the staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WorldTravel0581

Thank you so much for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall experience with us, but please forgive me for some of the unfortunate experiences you encountered with some of our ambassadors. We take great pride in our service excellence and I'm sorry to learn that we fell short of these service standards. i can assure you I have brought this to the attention of our managers in our weekly meeting to revisit the troubling information you have shared with us. We do hope you will consider a second visit and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We arrived at this hotel in the weekend to be told that they arrange pool partys for outside guests to attend. This meant the pool was absolutely packed with young people wanting to drink and listen to a live D.J. Our children were not made to feel welcome in the pool as the people in the pool did not actually want to get wet. They could not even make the smallest of splashes without up setting someone. We asked our children to get out of the pool but I cannot help feel as guests of the hotel we should of had more right to be there. The hotel was poorly lit and we couldn't see properly in our room even with all the lights on.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Georgina B

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills; however, I'm sorry to learn of the challenges you and your family experienced. We would be happy to speak with you further on your experience by reaching out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com. While I can understand the difficulties with your children during the weekend, please know we have our incredible concierge team to provide a slew of activities on and off property for you and your family. We do hope you will consider a second visit...until then, Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We have been coming to this hotel since it opened. The first time I walked into the hotel, I was filled with awe and amazement. Now, not so much. We stayed at the Four Seasons in Beverly Hills for the first night of our mother-daughter vacation... Man do I wish we had just stayed there. First time people to that hotel, and they treated us like family, comped drinks for minor mishaps I did not even notice! SLS Hotel took my 500 count cotton pillow case off of my personal pillow (that looks nothing like the pillows from this hotel) and we get a "free" breakfast offer. Well, we already have free breakfast... so they bring us a couple of cookies. Cookies do not equal the missing item!
We also had a problem with check in, they didn't deliver our bags for hours!
You can no longer order a drink while sitting at the front entrance, you have to go to the bar and bring it outside yourself. Don't expect to have afternoon nap either, you won't be able to hear yourself think over the loud techno music coming from the pool bar.
As a loyal SLS guest, sorry, but we will never be coming back here, we are taking our business elsewhere.
I do not want some fluffed up, fake apology reply from the manager either! All y'all can do, is read these complaints, and fix your problems, an apology isn't a fix.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank MAPort

I undersand you aren't looking for a reply; however, I wanted to express my apologies for your unfortunate stay. I also wanted to inform you that we have changed our operation and now do serve cocktails on our front entrance terrace. I know this was not the only shortcoming you experienced, but should you wish to speak to us further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com. Your feedback is extremely important to us, and we appreciate the time you have spent to share it with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!