“Best of the area”

Ranked #28 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Best of the area”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Funky, fun, and friendly staff. They go out of your way and offer 5 star service at every point of your stay here, way better than I was expecting from a boutique hotel.

Arrived on Mothers Day, and our 12:00 early check-in to one of the suites was somehow honored with a call at 12:10 that our room was ready.

The #73 room has an interesting layout with a huge bedroom and desk with a partial wall separating a narrow living room. We opted to move to the #75 corner suite which offers a better separation of the bedroom (with two double beds and wrap around windows) and a living room with four lounge chairs and two sofa's. The partial sliding mirror wall into the bathroom, and the legit rain shower are really nice touches as well. This doesn't feel like a hotel room, it feels like a large NYC apartment where you'd be comfortable living. Our only complaint is the lighting is on the dim side for a hotel room, but it's obvious this is part of the design to give a certain look and feel to the space.

Great pool scene (now closed to the general public) with a 1' deep wading pool and 3' deep pool next to it, with cabanas surrounding on 2 sides and deck chairs all around. The DJ keeps the music at a reasonable level still allowing some conversation and thankfully a self-policing crowd with no kids running around, keeping the scene pretty much an adult only crowd. The food is a little on the pricey side for just sitting around the pool...until you get it and realize it"s sit-down restaurant quality food being served. Waiters and waitresses are abundant, friendly, and constantly checking in with you for drinks and service.

If you didn't know it was a Starwood property, you'd think this was an independent luxury chain. From the funky Philippe Stark designs to the VillainsAttic gun lamps in the lobby, this hotel screams LA-Rockstar style...where else can you step off the elevator on each floor to find a common chill area with a pool table!

Highly recommended for all of your LA area travels, the experience is well worth the price of admission, and more!

Room Tip: Ask to view a few suites on arrival, there is a big difference in layout with the king vs two queen...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ron H
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The hotel is right smack n the middle of Beverly Hills, so expect beautiful blondes with high heels and men with well chiseled abs. Luckily the staff at this hotel don't really care about beautiful people and will treat everyone with equal respect. However, go to the swimming pool and the scene changes. You get little attention unless you are there in a bikini with 12in heels...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evaau
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your overall experience, but please forgive me for the challenges you experienced at the pool. We pride ourselves on our service excellence and it saddens me to learn that we fell short of this with your experience at Altitude Pool. I do greatly appreciate you taking the time to inform us so that we can be sure this is handled properly. Thank you again, and should you wish to speak to us further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com. Thank you.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Ladies, if you're up for a Goddess experience this is the place to visit in L.A.! The salon is beautiful and calming and has a talented staff and oh! Don't forget to relax in the lounge area before and afterwards where beautiful teas, fruit and cakes are served. Overall, I had such a lovely experience. I had a color and cut and am pleased with the results. Thanks Johnny! ... and thank you Robert V!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience at Robert Vetica Salon! We are so privileged to have them as our partner. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
redwood city
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We went here with high exceptations, I used to live in L.A. and know alot of places to stay and go. My friend thought this would be a hip and happenin place to stay. I remember when it was the La Meridian ...so we booked a room (paid a heck of alot for two single girls!) thought what the heck....the decor is cool and the valet guys were great! That's it....the front desk, the conceirge were rude and had some sense of entitlement! Hello?!!!! You work there, you don't own it!! Plus in my experience IAM sure that they are ALL struggling actors and actresses trying to catch that lucky break.....I will never stay again...they couldn't get us into any of the hip and happening restaurants (it is all who you know or if they consider you hip enough). I am sorry but even though we are in our 50"s (50's being the new 30's) ...we can run circles around some of these people. The ONLY other person who was great was the driver (Iam so sorry I don't remember his name) who works for hotel and can take you within a 2 mile radius and drop you off......He was FANTASTIC....Next shopping trip we will stay at some other hip (You are not the only game in town...SLS) place and hope for better results......Don't waste your hard earned money....there are alot of better places around.....

Room Tip: Choose a good room by staying elsewhere.....
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank grandmaairplane
I'm so sorry to learn of your unfortunate experience here at SLS. We pride ourselves on our service excellence, and I'm so sorry we fell short of your expectations. I would like to ask that you contact us at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com so that we can further discuss the inconveniences you experienced so that we can amend them and ensure they do not happen in the future. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me start by saying that this property is over-advertised. The website presents the product much better than it is in reality.
This is indeed a very unique property with a peculiar vibe and in a hip location.
I was here with my family, including my kids. I had moments when I had to teach lessons about sexuality to them.
We checked in late (around 7:30). We were told the room will be ready in 10 minutes. It took more than an hour before we got our room. There is no waiting area. Very un-welcoming. I did get a suite upgrade.
There is an obsession with hipness that leads to bad taste. The room was chic, but without common sense. A suite does not have a pull out bad, but they bring roll outs for $25 a pop. At 2:00am we were woke up by great noise, pushing, banging on the walls. The kids got scared. When I brought this to the attention of the MOD I found out that she does not care. Not even an apology. It was a wasted night.
Every room is a Turkish bazaar, they try to sell you everything. You never know when something is for sale or for use. Imagine being there with kids. Even though we did not use anything, after we left I saw a charge of $28 and pennies on my credit card. I called the hotel and they told me that it is honor bar (bazaar) but they could not tell me what we consumed. Probably it was the shampoo.
Both restaurants are unique, chic, surprising and they serve great food. The Bazaar is a destination in itself.
The valet crew provided excellent service.
The pool is over-advertised. It follows that obsessive hipness. There is some shady business there, as the hostess plays favorites and reserves chairs for her clique and her day visitors. Platinum members are treated as paupers and her day visitors as kings.
They did follow up and the VIP manager rocks.
They never explained to me the charge $28.00. I am still waiting for an explanation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank TonicTravelAmeniti
I am so sorry for your unfortunate experience with SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I know you have been in touch with our ViP Services Director regarding the incidents you experienced. We hope all of your concerns have been solved and that you will consider a second visit to the property in the near future. Should you need anything else please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you.
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I have worked in the hospitality industry for 20+ yrs., most of which has been in the room division (Hilton, Starwood, Joie de Vivre). I personally have great expectations, however, I am also a realist in terms of understanding that sometimes unforeseen situations do occur. I stayed at your hotel June 8, 2012, 1nt only. Our c/in was late, approx 5p.m.. I clearly understand how that does occur sometimes. C/in times should never be guaranteed; example "c/in is 4p.m. OR as room become available". Your staff did an outstanding job handling my situation!! They continuously came to me, extremely apologetic, to update me on the status of my room. With each visit they ask if we needed anything; water, lemon-aide, etc...They even offered lite snacks, which by the way, absolutely delicious and totally unexpected. That entire experience made my day, really made my stay! Having returned to my hotel property in Scottsdale AZ., I have shared my wonderful experience with all my management team, you set the standard for how to handle a situation that sometimes simply can not be avoided. Additionally, I want to mention one of your assoicates particularly; Sarah, she was the MOD. OUTSTANDING customer service skills! If only we could clone her! I will be back, often I can only hope! I will tell my SLS experience often!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GSJnAZ
Thank you so much for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I am so pleased you enjoyed your visit. We pride ourselves on our customer service and so pleased you had the opportunity to work with Sarah, she is a true gem! Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!!!
Mougins, France
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Typical starck hotel, many interesting design features etc etc.
The front desk and concierge staff are great.

The staff by the pool are possibly the worst i have ever experienced, they just do not care, they wear their radios, and concentrate on looking beautiful.

The other restaurants are staffed, but not by anyone actually interested with guests.

Room Tip: The rooms are noisy, pick a room at the back
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank mark s
Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm so sorry to learn that you did not love your experience, and furthermore quite saddened to hear of your experience at the pool. We pride ourselves on our service excellence and I'm sorry to learn we fell short of this. It is extremely helpful to have your comments so that we can continue to improve and so that I may address these issues personally. Thank you again, and we do hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#41 of 351 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!