“Smooth & sexy hotel with excellent service and amenities.”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #24 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The rooms are sexy, and comfortable. the bed was very comfortable. Lots of high end options for a price, but at least the offer the good stuff. The bar restaurants are lovely with top service and fare. The staff is exceptional. Only drawback are the grey halls of this large hotel-which offer no point of reference and you can get a little lost.

• Stayed: April 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,943)

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We spent two nights here with our 8 and 10 year old-definitely not a place to take kids. Rooms were funky and not conducive to a family stay-room felt very uncomfortable. The bathroom had a sliding door that opened right to the sleeping area so you could hear everything whenever someone went to the bathroom. The pool service was horrible-even though it wasnt busy- it took way too long to get a drink.

The hotel was very dark-and the nightclub downstairs can get loud-so it was nice they put us on the quieter side.

The service was very good from the moment we checked in-also the concierge was very accommodating.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank welovetotravel40
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We live locally but it was my daughters 10th birthday so we choose the SLS for its luxury, however we got more than what we came for. The room is off the chain.

I left my new phone and 2 rings at the rooftop pool. Scott and Alex found them and returned them to me! My eyes filled with tears because I thought the phone was gone and I did not know I had lost my rings.
The front desk manager, Joseph Lewis, sent cup cakes to the room for my childs birthday. They made this local trip a great treat. I will RETURN AND Will Tell OTHERS TO SPEND The MONEY! Mr. Lewis gave us personal service when we arrived, during my stay and I know it will be the same when we return.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the SLS Hotel for 3 nights whilst on our Honeymoon. Whilst the room was comfortable, this hotel has many shortcomings, most of them service related.

After a long flight, we went upto the rooftop pool for some sun and a light lunch. There were a few other people around the pool, although it was not overly busy. We tried for around 15mins to get the attention of the pool staff to get a lunch menu, however they did not seem that interested in assisting us. We finally walked over to one of them to ask for a menu and we were told that they were really busy (not sure what they were busy doing?) and gave us a menu to look at. About 30mins later, no one had come to take our order, so we left.

I had a friend come and visit for coffee one morning, the girl looking after breakfast tells me that I can't sit at a table because we are not eating, and that we can sit at a shared breakfast bar. It was a friend that I hadn't seen for sometime, and as about 2/3rds of the tables were free, I take this girl aside and ask her again that as I am a guest of the hotel, and that many of the tables were free (ie. if more guests arrive, then you still have plenty of options for them) maybe we could use a table. With a terrible attitude, she finally says, we'll I guess you can sit here, and points to a table near the front door.

On our second night, I had booked a special meal at one of LA's finest restaurants. I asked the concierge in the afternoon if we could use the hotel car to take us to the restaurant. Without asking where it was, he tells me that the car can only take us 2miles radius from the hotel. Unusual first comment, however I advised him that the restaurant was also in Beverly Hills and that I didn't think it was more than this distance. I asked him if we could book the car for 7.30pm and he told me that we couldn't book as it was a first in, first serve basis. I told him that we were on our honeymoon and if he could help that would be appreciated. Like a recording, he gives me the 'first in, first served' lecture again.

At 7.10pm we come downstairs, the same concierge is on, and I go and ask him about the car. Without any acknowledgement of our conversation only a couple of hours earlier, he tells me that there are already 3 guests waiting for the car and we would be better to take a taxi. Not the kind of service that I was expecting. We didn't have time to wait, so we ended up taking a taxi.

The final straw with this place was the Fire Alarm. We were awoken twice by the fire alarm going off in the middle of the night (on two different nights). The secondtime (on our last night) woke us at 4.45am (the noise inside the room is deafening) we quickly dressed, grabbed our passports and started to make our way to the fire stairs. Everyone else was doing the same thing, many guests with young children. The alarm went for around 20 minutes before we found out it was (another) false alarm.

We couldn't get back to sleep after that (not the honeymoon experience that we were looking for).

For the price that you pay, this hotel looks sleek, but the service is very ordinary, some of the staff are just rude. So if you like poor service and So Little Sleep (im pretty sure this is what SLS stands for) then this place is for you.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Simon S
SLSBHManager, General Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. I would like to express my sincerest apologies for the disappointing experience you encountered during your stay. I hope to assure you that our talented hotel ambassadors are committed to creating memorable and unique experiences for each and every guest and sincerely apologize for any frustration that may have occurred throughout your recent stay here at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. Please accept our personal and professional apologies. If there is anything further we may address for you, please feel free to contact us directly at sls.beverlyhills@luxurycollection.com.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was a great five nights at the sls at beverly hills .All the service was great , but Ana Lazo house keeping and Concierge team was excellent. Breakfast was real good,but could of have a little more for the buffet .Big room and a comfortable bed !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We wanted to stay somewhere funky and plush for our 16 hours in LA.
SLS wasn't the right pick for us.

We arrived at midnight and had reserved a suite (as SPG platinum guests) as we wanted to be able to really rest and indulge before a long flight to London the next day. The suite was not what I expected, funky but not relaxing.
It really was just an oversized normal room; No lounge area and no bath - both of which I'd expected (but if I'd done my research online, would have seen that they don't have)! There was one very hard and uncomfortable leather chaise longue which 2 people could barely use. I had 2 Business Associates coming to visit me in the hotel, we had expected to be able to entertain them in our suite (as we normally do in SPG hotel suites) however there was nowhere here for them to sit - except the bed, which wasn't appropriate.
We finally got to sleep at 1am after a long day of travelling - to be rudely awoken by the VERY LOUD fire alarm going off at 4.45 am. It gave me the most awful fright as I was so soundly asleep and I was so confused I couldn't even work out what was going on. Everyone else was standing outside their rooms trying to work out what was happening.
Now, I should have been warned as I had read on this very site that this was a regular problem at this hotel. But I thought, surely by the time I stay the hotel will have sorted it out, I also thought how unlucky could I be that the one night I stay, it goes off. Well very unlucky indeed it seems, as it went off twice that night!
Definitely not the restful night we'd hoped for. Surely a hotel of this calibre should have sorted out the malfunctioning, deafening fire alarm?
Now the service - valet and front desk staff were great. Restaurant staff were pleasant but not capable and understaffed.
During breakfast the service was so slow that I saw 3 other separate tables complain that they'd been waiting 40 mins /1 hour for their food. 1 table walked out. I counted 18 people in the restaurant, so not sure how they could be so unable to cope. We had the breakfast buffet so didn't have to wait for any service, although our coffee did take a long time to arrive. The choice of food was very good on the buffet and the healthiest of our whole trip!
We then took our business associates to lunch by the pool, sadly there were only 5 tables to eat at and the only one available was one tucked behind a wall with no view. As we sat down another guest mentioned to us that if we were wanting to eat, he'd just waited 40 mins for his food to arrive. We didn't have time to go in search of another venue so we had to risk it. We waited and finally had to seek out staff to come and take our order and yes, the food really did take 45 mins to arrive despite only ordering 2 sandwiches and 2 salads. When the food did arrive it was very tasty, but our guests were late and had to eat so fast they couldn't enjoy it.
Although it was perfectly located for some last minute shopping at the Beverly Centre, I Wish we'd chosen to stay at the W!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Princess_Lush
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed at the SLS Hotel in Los Angeles from 11/22/12-11/30/12. We rented a car for the week and upon arrival the valet was very courteous and throughout our trip were extremely helpful (especially when arriving back at the hotel with 2 sleeping children). We stayed in a Signature Suite, which had plenty of room for our family of four (we used a cot for the kids). The only drawback is that yes, the rooms are DARK. We faced the inside courtyard and were sad the windows didn't open. With that said, the staff at the SLS were always going above and beyond. Our kids had a 24 hr stomach bug which required sheet changes in the middle of the night, and they promptly sent someone to help me and even called a few times to check on the kids and offered to send us crackers and ginger ale. Very kind of them. We had a couple of days at the rooftop pool, which the kids loved because it was shallow. The food by the pool was excellent as was the service (wish I remembered our waitress' name). I have to say being from New York, we were not totally impressed by The Bazaar (I'll save that for a review of the restaurant). We took the kids to Disneyland and could not believe how close it was (35-40 mins ). We were very happy with our choice of hotel and would definitely return! Thanks SLS for the Super Luxurious Stay ;)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PartyOfFourPlease

Thanks so much for your kind remarks - they will be shared with our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon! Until then, Savor Life Slowly...

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#17 of 357 in Los Angeles

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!