SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #29 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Perth, Australia
“Very Hip”
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel located smack bang in the middle of everything you want to be near in LA. 5/10 minutes to Rodeo Drive, 2/5 min to Melrose Ave, 15/20 min to Hollywood Strip & 10 minutes to Sunset Blvd.
Rooms are very well appointed however they are very dark even in the bathroom, the mood lighting thing is a bit of a nuisance when you are trying see what you are doing getting ready etc. We asked for an extra lamp which was provided immediately but even that was not a solution.
House keeping was a bit erratic but almost all other requests were met immediately and with great enthusiasm. The valets are fantastic. The Concierge team even printed out a map & driving directions and left them on the dash of our car with a couple of bottles of water for our forward journey without being asked.
The WiFi was complimentary for our room (not sure if that was part of a package as you had to sign in and agree to pay $15 every 24hrs) but it was very slow. Not a complaint - just so you know.
Very cool fit out through the whole property. The gym is very well equipped with treadmills, elliptical trainers and bikes, free weights and weight machines. A stretching/floor area & fit balls, matts etc. and a set of 4 Kinesis personal fitness stations. Open 24 hours.
We didn't have any spa treatments but looks nice. Likewise the cool weather kept us away from the pool but the pool deck looks amazing - it would definitely be the place to hang out in summer.
Overall a great place to stay & a convenient place to base yourself in the city of angels...

• Stayed December 2012
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for the wonderful review. I'm so sorry to hear of the inconveniences you experienced with our lighting, your feedback is greatly appreciated as we continue to evolve our brand. We are pleased to her you enjoyed the overall experience and look forward to welcoming you back so that you can test out the entire SLS experience (Ciel & Altitude!).

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Burlingame, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed for two nights and had a fantastic experience. The staff were friendly, professional and provided excellent service. From our initial check-in late at night with Cameron, when we were exhausted from driving, who helped us get an upgraded room as SPG Gold and recommended the drink amenity, to James who walked us through the room's features with a friendly smile and made us feel at home. Then the next day we ate at Tres and enjoyed our SPG Gold amenities - the drinks were delicious - highly recommend the Moscow Mule, and Last Cocktail. I definitely appreciate the bartender that checks each drink. Our waiter, Danny, was very friendly and service was quick as well. The pastrami benedict was on the salty side, but overall breakfast was great. Overall, the best Starwood hotel we've been to this year - and we had almost 15 stays in 2012 with Starwood, with recent trips to the St. Regis in Monarch Beach and St. Regis in San Francisco.

1 Thank David T
What a pleasure to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed here before when it first opened ~ I liked it much better this time.
The location is pretty central for LA -you can get to downtown,Santa Monica ,The Strip,Silverlake ,The Grove,etc with LA ease.Very little wait for check in -the only reason I gave 4 stars is that our luggage was "MIA " for way too long for my comfort.It did finally arrive but not without going back and forth to the valet and many calls.Moving on...
Room-sexy .sleek and relaxing.Mirrored walls where the TV was hidden until on.Super comfortable bed and bedding.Fun Philippe Starck design throughout the hotel.Some of the in room seating is useless and not that comfortable-you kinda just keep it in the bedzone.Lots of lighting options.Bathroom & shower big and private.Love that .
The hotel is not cheap and there are no "extras" but for a sexy night , yummy eats and pretty surroundings it's worth it.
I barely heard another guest the whole time.Time of year maybe ?I did see lots of people in the hotel.
Ate downstairs & room service-great food at TRES.

Room Tip: Stay in the inner rooms away from La Cienega for a quieter stay.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your recent stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed December 27, 2012

I love love love the Ciel Spa at the SLS Beverly Hills. First of all the setting is to die for, decked out in luxurious, clean cotton white-on-white with rich crystal and silver accents. I don't think I've ever been to a spa that literally made me feel like I had entered another universe and upgraded my life. To top it off, there were adorable little gourmet cookies that I nibbled and delicious tea, making me feel comfy and happy. As for the massage, my massage therapist Emily King was obviously really highly trained and very experienced. I could tell I was getting a really high-quality massage from someone who had been doing this for a long time and who really understood how to take care of people. I felt very comfortable with her. Emily was gentle and strong adjusting to my needs without blinking an eye. Certain areas needed gentle pressure, and some a more advanced and deeper approach, and she intuitively understood where and when this needed to happen. I felt very well taken care of, relaxed, and healed when the massage was over. I highly recommend the Ciel Spa for anyone who wants to be blown away and wants to have a guaranteed amazing experience. Happy!!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your experience at Ciel Spa. Emily is a true magician and we are so fortunate to have her as a part of our spa team. We look forward to welcoming you back for a visit to Ciel or perhaps a full experience at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills in the near future. Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 27, 2012

We were only there for a night - but everything was perfect. Our room was beautiful, as was the hotel in general, and the staff friendly and helpful, beyond the usual.

Christian was particularly wonderful and we won't forget her any time soon.

We would highly recommend this property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. We are so pleased you enjoyed your recent stay. Christian is a true gem, and we are so fortunate to have her as a part of our team. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 25, 2012

I am from the area, but moved to Chicago. When I come here, it feels like home. I have stayed here so many times, I completely lost track. I have had one hiccup there, that I do not feel is worth mentioning because Brynn so quickly took care of it. Luxury without feeling stuffy, great staff, great location, subtle fun hidden all over the place, great pool area. LOVE IT!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We are so pleased you are now able to call SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills your home away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!
New York
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Lovely hotel although parts, like the cushions around the famed rooftop pool, are stained and shabby. The best part was the service, particularly concierge Landon, who suggested a fabulous hike with great views in a nearby canyon. Only complaint about the personnel was being told that I'd have to pay extra to have the milk for my coffee heated

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for one facing in. They're soundless
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank dbgNewYork
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you so much for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your experience, but please accept my apologies for the unfortunate experience you had with your simple request for heated milk. I am personally looking into this concern. I'm so happy to hear you had the opportunity to work with Landon, he is a true gem, and we are so fortunate to have him as a part of our team. We do hope you will consider a second visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! We hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#52 of 351 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!