SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #23 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 12, 2012

A truly beautiful hotel. A cool slick and classy hotel where the stars of LA hang out. If you enjoy watching Roles Royces, Ferraris, Mercs and many more roll up then this is the hotel for you. Great staff and friendly environment throughout the hotel. I stayed in the SLS suite with great views of beverley hills and beyond. A special thanks to Waldo who made are Hotel experience even better by giving us complementary food and beverages. Sending us in the house car to Santa Monica and upgrading us to the SLS suite. A great ultra modern hotel with a twist of luxury.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Thank you! We hope to see you again soon! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,890)

Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was completely blown away by this hotel! From the moment we walked in I was in absolute awe! The hotel itself is gorgeous and modern, incredible attention to detail everywhere you look! It's not just the aesthetics though, the service was extraordinary! They went above and beyond when it came to service. The bellmen brought us whatever we asked whether it be an additional lamp for more lighting, extra vanity mirrors or an iPod player! The pool is another huge selling point! They had a gorgeous rooftop pool with a dj on Sundays. We ordered these gigantic pitchers of watermelon mojitos that were amazing, $85 a pitcher but worth every penny! Unfortunately we didn't get a chance to try out their restaurants but we heard The Bazaar is one of the best in all of LA. I will definitely make it a point to dine there next trip! As we were checking out, one of my fave rappers Rick Ross was checking in- now you know that's the trendy, hip hotel to be when you see your fave artists there! Now that I've stayed at SLS in Bev Hills, there's nowhere else I'd like to stay when visiting LA!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel and the wonderful comments you have left for us! We pride ourselves on our service excellence, and I'm so happy to hear all of the wonderful experiences you enjoyed. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This is a great hotel if you don't mind watching black Mercedes with tinted windows roll up all day long and drop off people who you THINK are celebrities but can't quite tell. I stayed at the SLS for business and ended up really having fun here. I stayed in a studio suite - which was surprisingly very big! I would highly recommend this room. The service was wonderful - really friendly staff who greeted me by name most times and provided great recommendations for nearby restaurants. The hotel is very new, so everything is clean, chic and beautiful. The location itself nothing amazing (on a busy street) -- but it's close to lots of good shops and restaurants (plus you drive everywhere in LA anyway.). The rooftop pool is really nice - but expensive (around $50 for a sandwich and iced tea). It's definitely a see and be seen type of place - but for a visitor from out of town, I enjoyed all the glitz and glamour around the SLS.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Julie H

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your visit to SLS. Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

Stayed there last November with the kids. Was expecting the typical "trendy Hotel attitude" but the opposite was truth. The staff was exceptional and super friendly! They seemed to love my kids (a bunch of rascals I admit...) so it ended up a very relaxing trip for us. Great pool deck! Unfortunately we were not able to visit Bazaar but room service was great too. Quick and easy, plus a great server. We will be back!

Room Tip: Don't miss the pool deck!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

If someone wanted to design a hotel with a satanic theme, then I think they would use the SLS as their model. From the all red-lit elevator lobby to the pictures of horse heads on the chairs to the dimly lit pool table on each floor, and the all-mirrored rooms with poor lighting, the hotel gives off the vibe that you are somewhere other-wordly (and not necessarily in a good way.) With all that in mind, we still had a nice stay; the beds were great, the location was pretty central and the staff was very helpful. This place is quite an LA scene; especially the rooftop pool on a Saturday afternoon, with thumping nightclub music and lots of teeny tiny bikinis and posing would-be hollywood types. I enjoyed it in the same way you enjoy going to the zoo; it was fun to observe how other primates behave in a different habitat. With all this criticism, I am still glad we stayed there; it was quite an experience. I'm not sure I'd go back but I would recommend it to anyone wanting a real taste of LA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall SLS experience, and do hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

The hotel is definitely a place to see and be seen (and to have fun)... The atmosphere is great for someone wanting to be in a modern setting - really funky. The food is outstanding at all of the restaurants there (Bazaar, Tres)... something truly special! The staff are all very friendly and accomodating.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was a little disappointed in my recent stay. I had tried to check in at 1:00 (understood that is before actual check-in time of 3:00) and no rooms were available. I was told that my room would be ready at 3. I went to the spa and came back at 5:30 and was told my room was still not available. After getting a manager involved, a room mysteriously became free, which was imperative since I had plans at 7:00pm. Not sure why it had to become such a big deal. Because the hotel was at full occupancy it definitely felt like a mob scene and was not overly relaxing. The one thing I will say is that Bizaar was absolutley fabulous. The food was truly amazing and definitely worth it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I'm so sorry to hear your stay with us was short of perfection, and do apologize for your room not being ready upon your arrival. I can assure you this has been noted so we can ensure situations like this are best avoided in the future. We do hope you will consider a second visit with us so we can show you how magical SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills truly is.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Downtown
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
The Ritz-Carlton, Los Angeles
#13 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!