SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Mondrian Los Angeles Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$426
$229
$560
$116
$104
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$159
$129
$560
$535
  • Beachfront
$289
$202
1,981 results
All reviewsbeverly hillsbazaar restaurantrooftop pooljose andresphilippe starckciel spaterrace roomstudio suitehouse carla cienegabeverly centerred carpetrodeo drivefavorite hotelhotel guestswest hollywoodvalet service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We stayed at SLS for 3 nights.
The good: Absolutly beautifulmodern hotel with unique design and features. The concierge are possibly the best staff within the hotel they always had fantastic reccomendations and made us bookings at the drop of a hat. The restaurant next door, bazar, was excellent! The food, wine deserts and service were all fantastic and nothing like what you would expect from a hotel restaurant. We stayed in the premier king which was huge and and very well set up with lounge and business desk as well as a spacious bathroom. The hotel also provides a free car service drop off for any spot within 2 miles which is super handy.

The bad: i usually look forward to a great shower at these kind of hotels but this one was a let down. Low pressure and minimal water making it hard to rinse. No tea and coffee in the room, this makes me FURIOUS! I love a nice cuppa in the morning and to have to order it from room service paying around 5 dollars plus tax plus tips just does not start off my day well. There was so much in the room for sale, movies, toys, chips, drinks, books, internet etc. It was very overwhelming and felt like we were being innundated. Our worste experience was the pool. On sunday they have a pool party which we were told about on arrival the day before. The chekin staff said it was first come first serve basis at if we arrive at least half an hour early we would get some beds easy. We got there almost an hour and a half early and despite the fact that there were 36 empty beds with a 'reserve' sign on them the hostess told us there were no beds available. We later found out theyp were selling the beds to outside guests for 500 dollars which is why they were holding them from hotel guests. This is beyond bad service and was the one factor that was a really big issue for us. vallet parking is a whopping 36dollars per day so park yourself. Also location is pretty random so if you are looking at being right in the hot spots this is not a great option

If you dont mind speding a but of money stay here and eat at the Bazar restaurant. Will i ever stay here again? If they sort out the pool issue, sure.

Hope this helps

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Georgia W
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. I greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share your feedback with us. We take all comments very seriously, so please note we will make certain your experience at Altitude Pool does not happen again or to any other guests. In addition, please note, we now offer coffee to our guests complimentary in Tres restaurant as early as you'd like. In addition, please feel free to inquire with our Concierge during your next visit, for use of our house car, which is complimentary on a first come first serve basis for a 2 mile radius of the hotel. We do hope, whether it may be business or pleasure, that you will reconsider another visit to the hotel, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was so pleased with my stay. The service was fabulous! It began with Raai's friendly and welcoming demeanor at check in and continued with Bobbi, our bellman who graciously took us through our room an explained everything; an awesome pool staff led by Jen Frost.. Herbio, Michelle & Eric... Love them!!!! Autumn at Tres had an equally helpful and professional staff, Tiffany was stellar!

I really cannot be more complimentary. Last I was in LA, I stayed at the Chamberlain, I actually wanted to return, but chose something different..... I will definitely return to the SLS... I look forward to it!!!!

Paulette, happy east coast visitor!

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for the wonderful comments from your recent stay at SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Unfortunately, I was in town for business for 1 night and after staying 5 minutes in the hotel, I wished I was staying longer! This place was amazing. For the moment I drove up to valet, to the moment I checked out, every single person I accounted from the hotel was more than accomodating and friendly. Although, I was on business, my short stay with them felt like I was on vacation.

The room was beautiful, neat, perfect. The amenities were wonderful. The ambiance and environment fantastic. My room was amazing. I was upgraded to a room with a terrace (it pays to be a loyal SPG Member!).

I would definitely stay there again, but next time will definitely be for pleasure.

Room Tip: Room with a terrace, although the evening you could hear the nightlife music. But keeping the terrace door closed was fine!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank leslie d
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your visit, and your wonderful comments! Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Had such a great experience at SLS in March 2010 I thought we would go back again. Would say the second time around and 2 years changes things. The service which I remembered to be friendly and helpful seems to have settled back into the more typical detached LA vibe that is not so inviting. The rooftop which I remember enjoying for its artsy mellow feel and refreshing pool is now mobbed by throngs of locals. We tried on 2 occasions to sit by the pool only to be "greeted" as soon as we stepped outside by a rude waiter who informed us that there were no lounges left.
Perhaps actual guests of the hotel should be able to reserve a lounge chair when they make their reservation. The restaurant I remembered to be like a fantasy now also seems to prefer local VIPS rather than guests of the hotel. We had no luck finding a place to sit to order drinks without being asked to leave due to their long list of VIPs. We were quite disappointed that we came to LA on vacation and we couldn't use the pool or even have a drink without being harrassed. Like the red carpet in the entranceway of the hotel, SLS has faded with time. I do hope it turns around and once again focuses on their guests.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lilac1972
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills; however, I'm so sorry to learn of your unfortunate visit upon your recent return. I can assure you that we are taking proper action to ensure that your experience does not happen again, as this unacceptable here at SLS. Should you wish to speak of your experience further, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at SLSBeverlyHills@slshotels.com. On behalf of all of us here at SLS, I'm so sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience and do hope whether it may be business or pleasure, that you will consider returning so we can show you how magical SLS Hotel truly is.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

I loved it here. The location is good but not great, the staff is well above average, but the hotel itself is very luxurious. It's one of the nicest rooms I've stayed in thus far. I really enjoyed my stay at the SLS hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments! We look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!