“One Amazing Birthday”

Ranked #26 of 350 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cincinnati, Ohio
“One Amazing Birthday”
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Upon first arrival to the hotel it look very nice. But once inside it was really but yet still very chic. I was greated by a very nice customer service rep and given the key to my room. Upon entering the room there was a nice treat for me with HAPPY BIRTHDAY messages on there. OMG I was so excited, how nice of the hotel to add this special touch for me! Room service was amazing I met friends in Beverly Hills and we all were able to get dressed in my hotel one of my friends forgot trousser socks and was able to obtain a complimentary pair from the hotel. Now that's service! The complimentary guest shuttle is very VIP Exclusive, when you step out everyone thinks your a star for sure. This hotel is rated 4 DIAMONDS I now know why this is a very nice, and exclusive hotel, within walking distance to a nice mall and restuarant, and a short drive to hollywood.

Overall this hotel is amazing I would never be able to stay in anything but a 4 diamond hotel from here on!

Thanks SLS for making my Golden B-Day the BEst!

Room Tip: Not just call and make sure you have a room I guess. But my room was nice didn't look or see any...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Happy Birthday! Thank you so much for letting us be a part of your celebration, we are so pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations! Whether it may be business or pleasure, we look forward to welcoming you back to SLS in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (317)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
NY
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Never have i experienced so much attention to detail and courtesy at a hotel.
The food was obviously amazing, but the service is really just incomparable to other hotels.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
The pleasure was all ours! We look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills soon!
Montreal
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Our stay was exeptional. The rooms were comfortable, modern and well decorated. It could have used a few brighter lights but that was the decor and charm of the room. One small note, there was only a cubboard where one can keep your clothes so if you have a lot of smaller items, there are shelves for that. The bed was excellent and the linens were awesome.

The service, reception and the house car were great. Our expectations were exceeded! A real pleasure to stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your wonderful comments. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to SLS! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!
New York
Reviewed May 30, 2012

Just stayed at the SLS. Loved ALMOST everything about the hotel. Location great, staff great, pool great, gym great, but the rooms could use a little help. The lighting is extremely poor. For women who wear makeup it's a problem. I resorted to propping a hand mirror on my lap top near the window to try and get additional light and that didn't even work. Also, our room had a bath tub that was made into a shower which was a bit awkward. Besides those 2 things all was great!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the recent review. I'm pleased to inform you that we are nearly complete with our lighting project for all 297 rooms which will significantly amplify the lighting in the rooms and bathrooms. We do look forward to welcoming you back to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Thank you again!
West Hollywood, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

From the moment I entered the grounds it was a delight to the senses. I was greeted by a friendly hotel staff I proceded to be escorted to the elevator area where they sent me up to the 2 floor to the spa. As I passed the beautiful well equipped fitness area I opened the door to the heavenly all white spa. A smiling receptionist named Hannah who was so sweet and kind welcomed me with a delighful beverage that was fabulous.Then Gia gave me a super warm welcome to CIEL.Their service was genuine, caring and made my first visit to this spa an experiece I will never forget! There was a warm welcome note in my beautiful appointed locker changing area. I was greeted by my esthetician Sabastian who was so knowledgable. He gave the best facial I have ever ever had. I will def come back to Ciel and to Sabastian for wonderful skincare. treatments.Thanks Ciel for the wonderful way I spent my birthday.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank wehoman57
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments regarding your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This hotel is in West Hollywood, not Beverly Hills but it's a good hotel nonetheless. The restauraunt (Bazaar) has an imaginative menu and a trendy bar scene. Rooms are well decorated, but lack natural light owing to the building's lack of windows. Room service, breakfast, valet, and concierge are all excellent. Lobby is stylish Stark, but dark. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! Please note, we have just completed our new lighting project for all 297 rooms which will significantly amplify the lighting in all of our rooms and bathrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!!!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012

My wife and I decided to get away our busy schedule and check in to a hotel and splurge this memorial weekend. We looked at other hotels such as the four seasons in Santa Barbara and the Ritz Carlton in LA across staples center at LA Live. Dollar for Dollar, you can't beat what SLS was offering. Their Escape packaged which is good until tomorrow starts at $389/night and you get breakfast for 2 at Tres and 2 60 minute relaxation full body massage at Ciel Spa. The massages were pretty much the deciding factor on why we picked the SLS.

We checked in around 4ish on Sunday. Raahim assisted us and we got a complementary 1 room upgrade which had free wifi and was even apologetic that he couldn't get us a complimentary suite upgrade which was all booked. I was just thankful that we did get an upgrade. He also assisted us in rebooking our dinner at the Bazaar from 6pm to 8:45-9pm which was unavailable on OpenTable.

Room was clean, very cozy yet modern. We were located on the 2nd floor which needed better sound deadening material, you can easily hear all the sirens from the emergency vehicles passing by. The only downside from this room, when we were about to leave and was checking every inch of the room to make sure we didn't leave anything. We pulled off the blankets on the bed and noticed 2 seperate blood stains on the sheets. Not cool at all and im sure it's not from any of us. We're nurses and we would know if it came from us. We didn't bother letting the front desk/housekeeping know as we were leaving but after I type this, I'll send them an email informing them.

Spa, due to the memorial weekend, Sunday was pretty much booked and our appointment was at 1:15pm on our checkout date. We requested for a late checkout and were granted a 2:30pm checkout which was nice. The massage was amazing! Very very good! The massage table was automated and heated..first time i've ever had that. Ambiance was very relaxaing, my therapist provided good pressure and knew how to loosen the tight muscles on my back. I think i snored a few times lol.

Breakfast was very straight forward at Tres, Freshly baked pastries, good selections of charcuteries (Jamon serrano, chorizo, and salami), fresh squeeze juices, fresh agua fresca, etc. Best part, it's included in the room package.

We felt refreshed and recharged. We would definitely book again next time we plan something. Hopefully we can get a suite next time.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! I'm terribly sorry about the unfortunate cleanliness experience in your room, and have personally addressed this with our housekeeping department to ensure this is properly handled and looked into, as this is unacceptable. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed our ESCAPE package - good news, we have extended the package for the duration of the summer, so we hope to welcome you back in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#52 of 350 in Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!