“Amazing Treatment by Housekeeping :)”

SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills
Ranked #26 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I suffer from a severe allergy to scents/chemicals. A few days before arriving at the SLS Beverly Hills, I contacted the head of housekeeping via email, Daniela Hiles. She responded promptly and advise me they would be extra mindful of preparing my room without scents/chemicals. She even said she'd prepare my room a few days in advance and open the windows in order to have it aired out for my arrival! To top it off, she tried to upgrade my room free of charge (which unfortunately didn't happen due to high occupancy).

My stay was completely scent-free, which never happens at high-end boutique hotels. Daniela and her team went way beyond the call of duty to make sure my experience was the best for my health. Thank you so much!

The room was clean, comfortable and beautiful. I'll definitely stay there every time I'm in LA.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and comments regarding your recent visit to SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. Daniela is a true gem, and we are so fortunate to have her leading our Housekeeping Team here at SLS. Thank you again for your visit and your wonderful feedback. We hope to welcome you back to SLS in the near future! Until next time...Savor Life Slowly!!!

There are newer reviews for SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills

Reviewed January 12, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills this past November. This property is absolutely beautiful. It is the perfect combination of elegance and chic. The rooms are appointed perfectly, bath products are wonderful, the pool area is totally
hip as are the other common areas including the state of the art fitness center. While staying there you must dine at Bazaar! You will love this unique dining experience! I was not able to use the spa but it looked like it was first rate!

Judi Griffiths

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Thank you both for visiting SLS! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future! Until next time…Sparkle Like Sunshine!!

Reviewed January 11, 2012

Words can simply not describe the fantastic experience I had at the SLS last weekend. From check in to check out each and every team member went over and above all of my expectations. Attention was paid to every detail including the room, lobby and restaurant. I would highly recommend a few nights at this extraordinary hotel.

A special thanks to Aaron at the front desk and Brian at valet/bellhop. You both are a true asset to the SLS.

1  Thank CESMPT

Thank you for your lovely review of SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Brian and Aaron are both true gems, and we greatly value the efforts and benefits they bring to our property making it such a magical place.

Reviewed January 10, 2012

There's no denying that this is a hip property. It seems that they've put about 90% of their brainpower into making it visually interesting and, let's face it, hip. Too bad they couldn't think about function with equal weight against form.

The reviews that describe it as "dark and depressing" are certainly correct. Lighting is a problem. I couldn't even figure out how to read in bed. There are lots of visual bells and whistles but they don't make sound like bells and whistles should. They just sit there suggesting, "look at me. I'm a pretty bell or whistle".

Specific issues:

- it's crazy expensive. I wouldn't have issue with this except for the fact that crazy expensive should translate into a good experience.

- minor maintenance issues like a TV remote that doesn't work and a shower door handle loose. Lame for this category of hotel.

- Did I mention it's dark and I can't figure out how to turn on the various sculptural lamps?

- Location is fine if you have a car, I suppose. I cabbed it, thinking I'd be near the Beverly Hills shopping area. I was wrong. There's nowhere to walk to. At least that I could see.

- Mirrors everywhere. I'm not a movie star. I don't want to see myself out of every corner glance.

I will say that the service was very good, the bed very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank JamesSheppard

Thank you so much for visiting SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills. We greatly appreciate the time you have spent to share your comments regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to inform you that we are working on a new lighting program for all 297 rooms to better amplify our guests experience. In addition, we hope on your next visit you can experience our complimentary BMW housecar. This amenity is provided to our guests on a first come first serve basis, but will happily take you within a 2 mile radius to and from the hotel! We hope to welcome you back in the near future. Until next time…Savor Life Slowly!!

Reviewed January 7, 2012

Our group (grandparents, parents, infant grand-daughter) had a very nice multi-generational family stay here between Christmas and New Year's. We are all seasoned sophisticated travellers, always up for new experiences; but also appreciative of friendly and unpretentious service. We all found our stay at the SLS to be a very enjoyable and unique experience.

The decor and ambience throughout the hotel is ultra-cool and trendy, and so was a lot of fun to experience. Staff in the hotel and associated restaurants were all friendly, welcoming, helpful; and there was no "attitude".

We had an outstanding dinner at the attached restaurant Bazaar - expensive but great fun. As part of the dining experience be sure to check out the museum-like display area, and the trendy washrooms.We also had a great breakfast in Tres, the lobby restaurant. As part of your SLS experience you should splurge in both Bazaar and Tres at least once.

The complimentary coffee at the self serve station in the lobby was a nice touch, as were the complimentary newspapers and trays of apples throughout. We also enjoyed a dip in the stylish roof-top pool, and there is a very well-equipped fitness center. Parking (valet only) is efficient but a little pricey at $35, and all business center services are for a fee (except for printing boarding passes). Internet access is $13/day from anywhere in hotel. (there is NOT free internet access in the business center, contrary to what is stated on the hotel web site. I confirmed with front desk.)

The huge Beverly Center shopping mall is only a couple of blocks away.We had an excellent inexpensive self-serve breakfast at the Corner Bakery Cafe on La Cienega just across from the mall. The cafe has a large menu, and is much larger inside than it looks from the street. The Grand Lux Cafe across the street from the Bakery Cafe looks like another good choice.

Don't leave the area without having driven iconic Mulholland Drive, and having taken in the views from some of the outlook pulloffs.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
SLSBHManager, Manager at SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for your comments! We are so pleased to hear how enjoyable your visit was to Los Angeles, as well as SLS Hotel at Beverly Hills! Set at the crossroads of Beverly Hills and LA, we really are in a fantastic location. Please ask about our complimentary BMW housecar that will take you within a 2mile radius of the hotel upon your next visit. This is on a first come first serve basis, but a wonderful amenity during your stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed here on a business trip and had a wonderful stay. The location is great - walking distance to interesting shops and restaurants. The room was beautiful. The staff were very friendly and the concierge always gave me good recommendations for local outings. The pool/lounge area looked gorgeous - but it was a little chilly to experience it during my trip. I would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your visit! Looking forward to having you back soon! Until next time...Sparkle Like Sunshine!

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife and I loved almost all aspects of the hotel and would look forward to staying here again. We loved the room and the service was top notch. We also really liked the pool area. The staff really seemed to make an effort to take care of the guests. It was also a very good location for many of the things that we wanted to do.

On the other hand, the food and drink were good, but a total rip off. It was way overpriced for what you received. I margarita in a small plastic cup by the pool was $20. I was also not very impressed with the size of the suites.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

So happy you enjoyed the hotel! We do hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SLS Hotel, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!