“Always the best!!!”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #35 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed March 23, 2009

I have stayed at the Beverly Hills Marriott more nights than my own home this year and I am always beyond pleased with the SERVICE, CLEANLINES and just overall QUALITY of this hotel. My business takes me to the Los Angeles area once a week and I have the choice to stay in any hotel but I continue to go back to the Beverly Hills Marriott not only because of the convenient and great location but because it is so clean the most like my home. I am a perfectionist and neat freak and this hotel is perfect for me. I have probably stayed in every room at the hotel and never once have I been disappointed in the care that is taken in keeping the rooms clean and comfortable.

I recommend this hotel to all of my friends and business associates!

Sincerely

WG

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Beverly Hills

Reviewed March 12, 2009

Residence Inns are typically a reliable chain of business hotels ran by Marriott. Known for their large refrigerators and oversized rooms - a business traveler's best friend can be these types of hotels.

This Residence Inn in Los Angeles - right on the border of Beverly Hills - is an old hospital that was converted into a hotel. You will notice that the hot tub is actually an old physical therapy pool and it is two levels underground. While it is open 24 hrs a day, unless you like relaxing in a dungeon type of environment, it is not an ideal set up. There is a gym underground as well. Only one of the elevators actually goes down to the gym and hot tub so you have a guessing game to play because you cannot query the elevator when you want to go down.

Parking at the hotel - Don't even bother. Residence Inns are typically known for the complimentary parking - and while this is in LA and it is very difficult to park on the street without getting ticketed. The valet staff will tell you they do not allow self park - which in fact the hotel does if you ask. A separate company runs the valet parking and they are an abrasive group of people. The first week we were at the hotel we parked here but quickly learned it was too much of a hassle to deal with the valet staff. Park across the street at the Crowne Plaza - it is cheaper and the parking attendants are much more friendly.

Breakfast at this Residence Inn is very good - excellent help staff and wonderful cooks. In fact if the rest of the employees at the hotel were as good as the maids and breakfast staff, this would be an exceptional hotel even with the awkward hospital layout. Dinners are not near as good as the breakfasts, for the days they serve them and you may as well skip them all together.

Finally, we had some minor damage that was done to our rental car by one of the valet staff when we were at the hotel. When we asked to talk to a supervisor, it seemed like he was never available. Finally we were told to fill out a claim form, noting the damage and the incident. The next day after we filed the report - once again asking for the supervisor - one of the valets produced a parking stubb that had written on it the exact damage that we reported in the incident report. He then claimed he saw us do the damage to the car and it was our fault. The time and date he said when he witnessed the incident was a time neither the car or any of us were at the hotel. As a frequent business traveler - this is by far one of the most bizarre and unimaginable situations ever experienced. Appealing to the Residence Inn Manager did no good either.

This hotel, due to the unconventional layout and rather coarse management style, is probably the reason the rooms are heavily discounted on deal sites like Priceline. We would recommend avoiding this hotel until both the management and valet company have been removed and replaced with more typical friendly Marriott Residence Inn folks that we're use to dealing with.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
7  Thank SteakSnob
Reviewed March 10, 2009

I booked this property because I had a free night certificate I had to burn up......But I must say that it met my expectations right on and I'd return if I was in the area.

The location is pretty good if you are looking to explore the LA area. It's central to pretty much anywhere you'd want to go, however the traffic is another story ;-) This hotel is not exactly in Bev. Hills. It's about a mile walk to the main shopping area. I believe the hotel shuttle will take you three miles, although I never tried it. West Hollywood, Hollywood, Century City, Santa Monica, etc are all fairly close. However, what your GPS says is 3 or 4 miles can turn into 30 with the crazy traffic around there.

There is a very nice Ralph's grocery store across the street, and quite a few eating establishments (this is a big Jewish area) withing walking distance. They aren't the touristy-LA kind of places so def. affordable.

The actual hotel is very nice and fairly new. The staff were all very professional and attentive. Exactly what I would expect for a Marriott property. I had a studio suite. It's not all that large - basically a hotel room with a small kitchen thrown in. It's comfortable and clean and the bedding is great. There was a pullout couch that also served as a second bed. The free breakfast was quite extensive and featured lots of hot items. I was impressed.

My main complant is that it cost $22/night for parking, although it was for valet. No self parking was available. If I had not been tired and been more aggressive, I think I could have easily found free street parking. But I was like screw it. Sometimes you choose your battles carefully.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2009

This is an expensive area but the hotel was very good value. The room was a mini-suite with a full kitchen and lots of room. Clean and well designed room complimented by clean and pleasant public areas.

I don't drive, but there seemed to be tons of parking.

Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 30, 2009

My partner and I needed a getaway and I was pleasantly surprised when my Priceline bid was accepted by the Residence Inn Beverly Hills. This is a gem of a hotel. Our room was a junior suite with kitchenette, living area and queen size bed.
The room was very comfortable and had a 37 inch flat screen TV.
The kitchenette had a full size refrigerator, microwave oven, etc.
I have stayed at other Residence Inn hotels, but this one really stands out as my favorite.

The staff was really friendly and helpful at check-in and throughout our stay. They have a great breakfast buffet that is free! The restaurant area also has an outdoor seating area that is perfect for enjoying sunny days. The hotel has a charming, sitting area off the lobby and even has an indoor pool! Valet parking is available. There are a number of restaurants and stores nearby. The hotel is close to shopping in Downtown Beverly Hills as well as Century City.
I would definitely stay here again and also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2009

I wasn't expecting much. The house was getting fumigated so we looked for somewhere nearby. The staff were great, loved the breakfast buffet, and the room was perfect. Stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed every minute. Will go there again next fumigation.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2009

Good business location. A $15-20 cab ride to the Standard and the Viper Room. A $5 cab to Rodeo drive. Minor street noise during rush hour as people like to honk at the nearby intersection. At nights, Beverly Hills get pretty quiet so you don't get any street noise after this. Free coffee 24/7, great breakfast (includes omelette bar), evening wine reception (5-7pm), parking is $22 per night (valet only but they are really quick), hot tub open past posted time, decent gym, free Wifi.

Overall, if you can get this place for less than $150, it's worth it, as it's a decent 3-star property.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
#105 of 353 in Los Angeles
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#58 of 353 in Los Angeles

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!