“Stay somewhere else...”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #45 of 357 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

So I stayed at this hotel on the pretty decent reviews through trip advisor. I was completely disappointed with this hotel. It was the worst hotel to possibly stay at or that I have possibly stayed at. To break down my stay here
I stayed here for 3 nights..
1) the halls and room stunk of cigarettes and old musty stench. I was disgusted with the smell. My boyfriend got extremely sick due to the smoky smell in the room and hallway.
2) The windows didn't even open in the room they opened 2cms wide which caused us to have to smell that musty stench smell in our room. The smell is so strong everyone honestly it's repulsive.
3) The bed was uncomfortable not the least bit comfortable. I was very disappointed it was almost as bad as sleeping on cardboard.
4) the front desk staff were friendly which I will give credit there. They were helpful and very friendly.
5) The cleanness is this hotel was non existstent . We found hair on the toilet seat which disgusted me and It was not my or my boyfriends hair.

I was EXTREMELY disappointed in this hotels overall experience. There is a Buffett breakfast with an omelette station which btw closes at 8am when their breakfast is open till 9. The breakfast was mediocre. They did have delicious hashbrowns. But personally my boyfriend and I were completely disappointed in this hotel. We stayed in another hotel in Beverly Hills and I recommended that hotel over this hotel and it was the same price. This hotel was just not worth it.

Visitors to Beverly Hills trust me stay somewhere else. Unless you like musty smoke odour and uncomfortable mattresses!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tashiepie
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for sharing comments about your stay with us, and please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you faced. The safety of our guests is of the utmost importance to us, including the cleanliness of our guest suites and hallways. We are a 100% smoke-free hotel, and work tirelessly to ensure that our suites and public spaces are fresh and clean, including daily housekeeping maintenance and extensive cleaning when a room is turned over to a new guest. We truly apologize that this was not your impression. We have already shared your comments with our staff and they have been addressed immediately.

We did want to thank you for commenting on the friendliness of our front desk staff, as well as mention that our omelet station does stay open until the end of breakfast, and does not close early.

We know you have many choices for hotel accommodations in Los Angeles, and we thank you for your choosing to stay with us. We hope that you will consider staying with us again and give us another chance to earn your business.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here while on business in January. It was not my choice and my room was booked for me. The location was great, the staff was pretty helpful and the breakfast was AMAZING! However, it didn't really go beyond that. I've paid a lot less to stay places that were much nicer and had more to offer. I suppose the large price tag is mostly due to the area, which I understand, I just wasn't crazy about it.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank AEW86
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Thank you for your time in posting comments about your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Beverly Hills. We're happy that our complimentary breakfast was to your liking, and that our staff was helpful. As an all-suite hotel featuring full kitchens, complimentary breakfast and wi-fi throughout the hotel, we offer great value in the highly sought after Beverly Hills area. We hope that you will come and stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Beverly Hills.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Spacey room with kitchen facilities and an executive part. Free wi-fi and complimentary tea/coffee available 24/24 which was very pleasant. Very nice staff. Self-service laundry and fill-in service for your fridge - I loved all of this. What I dislike, were the construction works right next to my room - nobody had warned me, when I booked the room, which made me upset (as I had to work heavily). Other disadventags: no shuttle from/to the airport, recommended company supershuttle,com not reliable (I booked a cab, payed 80 dollars and nobody came!) Breakfast was ok, but not for people with allergies (with lactose and milk intolerance I had no option). Noisy AC and bad smell on my floor. Far from the center - don´t rely on buses!

Room Tip: I stayed on a 3rd floor and the couloir was a bit smelly, so check it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

We appreciate your time in posting comments about your stay with us at the Residence Inn by Marriott Beverly Hills. Please accept our apologies for the noise you encountered during your stay. We posted alerts on our websites to let guests know of potential disturbances, and the minor construction will be complete at the end of April. For our complimentary breakfast, we do have many options available for guests with lactose intolerance, including pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, potatoes, and various breakfast proteins. We hope that you will consider staying with us again should your travels bring you back to Los Angeles.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed at this hotel under the assumption that it would sleep three people. While the primary bed was comfortable, the sofa sleeper was competely unusable--we have been to Holiday Inns in remote and backward locations that had better sofa beds. I think the mattress was about an inch thick and of course my son could feel every metal support underneath it. That was enough to make our stay uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Other than that, the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was great.

Room Tip: The room was fine, on the first floor off of a small courtyard. It was quiet. I don't have any...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

We appreciate your time in posting comments about your stay with us, and aside from the issues you faced with the sofa bed, we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We're sorry to hear that your son did not enjoy a restful night's sleep on the sofa bed. We are currently in the process of replacing these mattresses with thicker ones, and in the meantime have memory foam pads available at the front desk.

We hope that you will come and stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Beverly HIlls.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We thought the rooms were good sized, well laid out and very clean. The location is a 20 minute walk to the Rodeo Drive area--a little off the beaten path but justified by the great price for Beverly Hills.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank AnneontheroadBoston
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is a great location to visit many of the areas in Los Angeles , the staff is attentive and friendly they make you feel right at home the minute you step onto the property,great breakfast everyday

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank tom f
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My daughter ran in the LA marathon and we were looking for somewhere to stay. We settled on the Residence Inn and were glad we did. It really is convenient to much of LA. It was a three minute drive to Santa Monica Blvd where we could cheer on my daughter at mile 17. The hotel is on Pico which runs all the way to the ocean in Santa Monica (finish line). Short drive to Los Angeles County Museum of Art. Neighborhood has a number of good restaurants. The Residence Inn serves breakfast in the morning. Staff is friendly and helpful. Price is really impressive when you consider the hotel location.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!