Stayed here for 2 nights on a weekend getaway to LA. We had a few issues during our stay, which all were resolve by the time we decided to check out, for our return visit back home.
The hotel seemed busy upon our initial arrival. This initiall was a good sign to me that this place was popular, or so I thought.Our first issue was with the first hotel room (which means we requested a different room). Our first room (on the 2nd floor) had a weird odor that seemed to be a combination of cigarette smoke and some wierd type of air freshener. We immedately call the front desk and requested a different room. A cheerful representative showed up quickly and escorted us to a different room (on the third flood) and waited to see if it met with our approval. This room was much better, so we told the representative that we would take this one. She then proceded to leave us in the room with ONE key, and informed us that she would return with a second key. After waiting an hour or so, I went down to the from desk to inquire about the second key for the room. Apparently they forgot about us and went back to their normal routine. This delay thru us off a bit, time wise, but ok, we were flexible and as long as we received a second key it was ok.
Also when we checked in, the manager on duty boasted about the improved super fast internet service that the hotel provided to their guest. At first we thought nothing of it, but then when we tried to connect to the internet, during our stay,we had issues. It wasnt until day 2 of out stay that it became irritating, and I complained to the front desk. The attendant was ok, as being knowledgeable about the service, even though she contacted tech support to resolve the issue. Unknown to us the hotel was having internet connctivity issues all weekend, even before we check in!! Now, why would you brag on something that doesnt work is beyond me.
During our 2nd (and final) day here we experienced a problem with the keys...they worked correctly all day the first day, but after we went out for lunch and return, we had the urgency to use the restroom in the room...and, like murphy's law, NEITHER key worked...having to hold your bladder and try to explain to the front desk attendant that the keys dont work, was stressful enough, but to hear the excuse that both keys were NOT keyed at the same time was like...REALLY...they worked all day yesterday, and this morning but NOT this afternoon. Just give us the keys, so we can go...the longer we had to wait, the more fustrated we became...
Overall I think this is a good hotel, but i would recommend that they should stand by what they say as far a service is concered. Meaning dont say something is GREAT, if it doesnt work, and make sure to follow thru with ALL issues no matter how small it is..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come enjoy our boutique-inspired hotel, just minutes from Rodeo Drive! Our recently renovated guest suites and lobby are awaiting your arrival. We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Residence Inn Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn By Marriott Beverly Hills Hotel Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Residence Inn