“Great hotel - Large bedrooms”

Residence Inn Beverly Hills
Ranked #39 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
“Great hotel - Large bedrooms”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel twice & would stay in it again! Great hotel, the rooms were surprisingly big with a large bed, tv, seating area, kitchen stocked with lots of items, desk & another table & chairs to sit at. We have stayed in the same type of room - overlooking the street (across from the Crowne Plaza hotel) which i think is the best side of the hotel to stay as other family member stayed in different rooms which had a different layout & their views weren't good. So if you are staying here request a high floor room (for better view) overlooking the street/city.

The hotel & rooms were very clean as well as the reception area. There were two elevators.
From 5pm-7pm some nights a week the hotel put on free food & free wine & beer in their dining area which I thought was really good! Food tastes good & there is a nice patio area that you can sit out on which overlooks the street.
The hotel is modern & nicely decorated. In the reception there is a tour desk/concierge where we booked a few of our activities & they arranged it all for us! The hotel is only a 15 minute walk from Rodeo Drive.

Downfalls - the hotel didn't have an outdoor pool which isn't good when you visit in the roasting hot months. There is a small shop in the lobby but it doesn't sell much at all! The location is ok - there's nothing to see or do around the actual hotel area but Rodeo Drive is a 15 min walk away. I would hire a car as everything in LA is spaced out. There was a shuttle bus that the hotel provided & they said they would take you anywhere in the area which was within a certain number of miles - but each time we asked for it they always said they were full, so that was a big disappointment.

Overall this is a great hotel, with great rooms & I would like to come and stay here again. I just wish it was slightly cheaper per night. Staff were helpful.

• Stayed September 2012
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We appreciate your time in posting your comments, and thank you for your multiple stays with us! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, including our complimentary social hour Monday-Wednesday evenings. However, we are sorry about the shuttle's unavailability during your stay. It does run to locations within a 3-mile radius of the hotel, but there is only 1 van. We would recommend contacting the front desk to reserve a time in advance for your pick up and drop off. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Los Angeles!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Stayed at this property over a weekend in May 2013. Chose this particular Marriott property because of the rates and proximity to the places and people I wanted to see. It's within a short drive of most things in LA, though I wouldn't say it's walkable to anything specific - except a Coffe Bean and Tea Leaf which is right around the corner. The Beverly Center is a short ride away and makes for an excellent afternoon of shopping if that's your thing. In all, I was very pleased with my stay and would stay there again.

The lobby is nice though awkwardly arranged. I'm unsure what the building was prior to being the Residence Inn, but the elevators are not obvious, and are in this sunken area of the lobby, much like a sunken living room in houses from the 70s. This sunken area also contains the business center and ATM. Had the front desk staff not specifically pointed them out, I think I'd have wandered around a bit.

Front Desk and Housekeeping staff were wonderful. I arrived at about 10 AM and as no rooms were ready, the Front Desk held my bags and promised to call me as soon as a room was ready. They must've placed pressure on the housekeepers because I was ready to check-in no later than about 1 PM. In all, everyone was friendly, helpful, and completely accomodating. All the thank yous and you're welcomes were sincere, as were their attitudes in general.

Room was excellent. I was on the 2nd floor facing the street but there was little to no noise. The layout of the room was generally decent, though the area for the bed was kind of tight; it was incredibly close to the wall on one side, and a structural support pillar/air-conditioning area jutted out and made it a tight squeeze to get into that side of the bed. The location of the TV in relation to the bed makes it a bit difficult to watch while lying down; it's much better suited for the living area.

The kitchen was in good working order, though anyone hoping to use more than two burners may be out of luck. There was no oven, though I don't think Residence Inns ever come with ovens - I may be wrong. The plates, cups, cookware, etc were all perfect and allowed for my friend and I to make a decent dinner. Having a dishwasher is a huge help, too. The cabinets are kind of dark, as are the furnishings, so the room can seem a bit overly subdued unless there's a LOT of sunlight pouring in or you have mulitple lights on.

Bathroom was on par with what I'd expect, though a bit cramped in the vanity/closet area. The door to the shower area opens outward into the vanity area, too, which adds to the closed-in feel.

Used the spa once while I was there. It's very hot, which can be good or bad, I guess. The location is eery, though. Both the fitness room and the spa are in the basement, in what can only be described as portions of the parking garage that have been walled-in. I'm not sure that's anything the property can help, but it has a bit of an institutional vibe to it that is not particularly relaxation-inducing. I don't think I'd use it again. The Fitness Room, though, was fine.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at this Residence Inn. There were no real downsides to any portion of the stay, and the positives definitely made up for any issues I may've had. Great property, and I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher-floor rooms may have less noise, though that wasn't much of an issue.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
InterstateHotels, Manager at Residence Inn Beverly Hills, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an in-depth review of your stay with us! Such thorough comments really let us know how we are doing, and also helps our future guests know what to expect during a stay at the Residence Inn Beverly Hills. If and when your travels bring you back to the Los Angeles area, we look forward to once again being your choice of accommodations!
Illinois
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My Wife and I stayed here for 1 night while we were touring around LA..it was an excellent choice. This is a tall propery..has to be at least 10 stories high. Parking is $25 per day for Valet..self parking is $23..just so ya know. The propery looks brand new, everything in our standard room was in excellent working condition..we had a corner room..so the layout was a little weird, but very nice..good pressure in the shower, really nice flat screen..I really liked the ventilation system, you could control everything including keeping the fan on in manual mode..which is great if you need the white noise to sleep. The location is terrific..you are within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and the hotel has an excellent map wiith restaurants that are very close and you turn the page over and it has a list of restaurants within a mile...VERY nice touch. What really sets this property apart is the staff..everyone was exceptional..we stay at a LOT of Marriott properities including the JW and the staff at this hotel is exceptional. The "free" breakfast is by far the best you will find at any hotel that offers this at no additional charge..they had an omlette station..lots of variety..soda machine..and they had excellent Oatmeal..LOL Here is the only significant ding and I am sure they will fix this, but their internet was terrible..traveling for work, I need this..so this is really important to me..and they failed at this..I sent them an email so I am sure this will improve.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Texas_Phil
Dalaro, Sweden
Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

We were there for a week during our five week tour of western USA. The location of the hotel is fantastic and service from the staff superb. We were there with our baby 10 month old, he was treated like a little celebrity and his cot was even made up each day. It was great with a grocery store just up the road and a place to do our shopping for our little man. The laundromat was great at the hotel as with a baby washing can stock up. Will def come back if we are ever in the area again.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Swede81Sweden
Pune, India
Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you plan a trip to LA and are willing to roam about or just relax, Beverly Hills Residence Inn is a good choice. I have stayed there a couple of times within the last year and was pleased with my stay both times. The rooms are clean and the kitchenette actually contains useful stuff for those who intend to use it. The only problem I had was when I had to reschedule my stay and I tried to confirm my reservation over the phone. Even though I had email confirmation, the person on the phone always said that I did not have any reservation with them! And this happened 4 times within 2 days! Other than this, the staff was friendly and provided me the necessary information at the reception.

If you want to roam around and do not mind using the the public transport, then you can surely enjoy the Santa Monica beach (bus # 7), museums and quite a few places in LA by riding the bus for not more than an hour. There are good restaurants and good coffee shops at walking distance too.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the road if you are disturbed by street lights and police sirens
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Charlottesville, Virginia, US
Reviewed April 7, 2013

This hotel has the most helpful staff we have ever encountered when traveling. They were highly conscientious and polite and were quick to provide assistance or answer questions. It's not often you see a manager running around bussing tables during breakfast! The free breakfast was great and included hot foods, made-to-order omelettes, Belgian waffle maker, and many more items. There were also free happy hour appetizers Mon-Wed, and you could almost make a meal out of that. The hotel was clean. We stayed in a studio room, which included a kitchen (fridge, sink, mini stove, microwave, and dishes). There was no pool, but there was a large whirlpool and a fitness room.
The hotel is in a nice area of town (Beverly Hills) and it didn't take too long to get anywhere we wanted to go (for LA). You can easily walk to a Pavilions grocery store to stock the fridge, and there were several walkable restaurants and cafes, as well as places that delivered to the hotel. You can also walk to Rodeo Dr. from the hotel. We were very pleased with the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 31, 2013

After having stayed at an RI in Las Vegas (big mistake), we were pleasantly surprised with this Residence Inn. The staff were wonderful, helpful and friendly. The room was very clean. There were lots of amenities close by so you had the option of eating out or cooking in the room. Local restaurants had wonderful staff. Close to everything either walking or driving. One issue was room size. We had a one bedroom and the bedroom was very small - even the closet was small with half of it taken up by a non-functioning safe. Pull out bed was uncomfortable - ended up putting mattress on the floor.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are very quiet - no street noise.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mr. C Beverly Hills
Mr. C Beverly Hills
#45 of 351 in Los Angeles
InterContinental Los Angeles Century City

Been to Residence Inn Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!