“sketchy hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Chatsworth

and 1 more site!
Travelodge Chatsworth
Ranked #273 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mission Viejo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed at your establishment July 20-July 22, 2013, my second time at Travelodge, Chatsworth. When I made my reservations, as previously, I declared my service animal, and as previously, we were accommodated and warmly greeted. I have stayed at numerous Travelodge Motels, from San Diego, to Santa Monica, to Hollywood, without issue. Likewise I have stayed at the Chatsworth Radisson, Holiday Inn in Solano Beach, and various Hilton Hotels, all without incident.

As I was preparing to check out the morning of July 22, I stopped at the breakfast lounge for a cup of coffee and some orange juice, with my service animal sitting at the door of the lounge. The morning clerk asked what time I was checking out, I replied, about 10:00am; he then asked my room number to which I replied, 326. Twice more he inquired my room number. He then said “no dogs allowed”, and began informing me the violation would carry consequences. I said to him, “she is a service dog”, (and if he saw my dog he would have seen her clearly marked and visible service animal vest). Yet he repeated, “no dogs, I charge your room”, and likewise I repeated, she is a service dog. I was taken aback at how his agitation was escalating, and becoming defensive of my service animal, said , (pardon the expletive) “what is your ******* problem”. There was no secret my service dog was there, from the housecleaners to other clerks, all were aware of, and acknowledged her most appropriate and docile manner.

At that point your clerk left his station, charged towards me with a clenched right fist, raised above his head, and with a threatening gesture moved to within 6-8 inches of me. With an irate voice he began incoherently saying “I have the right, I have the right”. Now whether or not my expletive was justified, your clerk’s behavior was not only inappropriate, but that behavior is actionable. Further, my dog is trained in recognizing seizures, which means she is exceptionally, exceptionally, sensitive to energy shifts in me. This incident was not only threatening, as well as actionable, towards me, it sent my highly trained and skilled service animal into “work mode”.

This is considered an offense not only to me, but to my dog’s training, and a serious violation under The Department of Justice, Americans With Disability Act. I hope you take the behavior of this employee under the most serious consideration.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank Mitch B
travelodge c, Owner at Travelodge Chatsworth, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We greatly apologize that your stay did not meet your expectations. We want to make all our guests feel welcome and abide by all regulations. are looking into your incident and if you would like to discuss further, please give us a call.
Yakima, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

Found a cockroach in the first room we were put in. They changed our room and I'm not sure the second was the lesser of two evils. Had blood spots on the bedskirt, a long black hair and a pubic hair on the sheets, stains on the lampshades, and a huge dust web that connected from the ceiling to the top of the valance. Nasty, nasty, nasty. See pics! We were supposed to stay 5 days, stayed the night only because it was 11:30 pm by the time we got to the second room. Asked to talk to a manager in the morning, but they weren't in yet so Chris took off the night's charges. Customer service was good only because both the girl who helped change rooms as well as Chris probably have no control as to how the rooms are cleaned, but come on...keeping the rooms CLEAN doesn't cost a lot of money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the feedback. We take the opinions of our guests seriously and are looking into all aspects of the review. We take cleanliness very seriously and are taking steps to ensure our rooms meet our guests expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels