“Hotel stay was good”

Ranked #274 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Lexington, Kentucky
“Hotel stay was good”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My daughter and I stayed for 6 days, she attends Northridge and it is close to campus, very good price, pool and hot tub was nice, staff was very helpful, parking lot was lighted well, we stayed on 1st floor, room was very clean, beds very comfortable and hotel was close to shopping. Cont. breakfast 6:30 to 9:30. We felt very safe there. Walls and carpets seemed fresh, furniture was updated, free wifi, microwave and fridg. tub was easy to step into, not too tall. Hot water great and good shower. For 57.00 a night it was a great deal, I will stay here again. The lady at the front desk let me use the hotel computer to book my stay so I could earn free nights, she made us feel very welcome, free coffee and lots of information available in lobby. Hotel stayed pretty full while we were there but we always found good parking. Bedspread are nice bright color but did have a couple of tiny stains and one cig. burn. room was a nice yellow wall paint. desk and 2 nice comfortable chairs are provided. Only heard train about 1 time a day. I will stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Chatsworth, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your stay with us. The hotel management and staff work diligently to ensure a great overall hotel experience for each guest. We are pleased to know that your stay was great and we look forward to your next stay with us when travelling to the Chatsworth area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I always stay in the presidential suite because of the awesome in room jaccuzi. It fits two people comfortably. It has a living room when you first walk in and then a cal king bed, two bathrooms, and an amazing jaccuzi. The breakfast is ok at best but the room totally makes up for it. The room is cheaper during the week. Just awesome. check it out!!

• Stayed November 2011
Investorshm, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Chatsworth, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we appreciate your feedback. We have received several positive comments regarding our Presidential Suite as well as our guestrooms. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
LA
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I was looking for an economical hotel for a week while I relocate to the area. Seemed like a good hotel for a reasonable price. The froint desk staff seemed polite and accomodating.

Little did I know that when I woke up after the first night, there was blood on my sheets and two bed bugs were crawing around.

Now, a couple of days later, I have welps on my arms, neck, and ankles.

They did refund the unsed portion of my reservation, but I still had to pay for the night that I was a feast to these critters.

This is GROSS!

I will never stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank BuggsMcGoo
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. The hotel staff and management work diligently to deliver the best hotel experience and we can assure you that the issues mentioned in your review have been completely resolved. We look forward to your next stay with us and can assure you that we will exceed all of your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Gloucester Point
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Clean motel, free parking, nice breakfast, free business PC in lobby, convenient to most LA locations. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The hotel itself was ok, from reading previous reviews it had been updated recently. The room was clean and had enough space. The staff were incredibly helpful and delightful.

The one big problem is the noise, the trains seemed to run until gone 11 and started up at around 8 am. It is not just the train going along the line they seem to toot their horn every time they go by the hotel as it sounds like there is a crossing and they warn people they are coming. It sounded like the train was about to enter our room it was that loud.

Then you have the noise as people walk down the corridor, the walls are incredibly thin and you can hear suitcases being pulled along and people talking in the corridor.

The breakfast was well stocked and maintained by the gentleman on the desk, there is limited space so the bacon and eggs are microwaved but there are lots of choices including a waffle machine.

If you can cope with the noise then a perfectly pleasant hotel for the money but not for me.

I would say don't leave your name and address if you make a comment on the comment card in the room, I went to leave a comment on the card only to discover that someone had completed it in march and it had still been sitting there in September, they obviously do not value their customers comments, thankfully that person had not left their address but it would be a little worrying if they had.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah C
Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Upon entering my room the fire alarm was dangling from the ceiling by a wire....and their was a piece of dog feces under the desk. Do I need to say anymore?

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Wuustwezel, Belgium
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We arrived here from LA to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain, which is about a 45mins drive.
Checkin was fast and flawless. I needed to print our tickets to Six Flags on their computer, no problem! The rooms are of decent size and clean. Unfortunately it wasn't possible to make it dark enough for us, and there were lots of people running around at night, cheering and yelling (Nothing the hotel can do about). Breakfast was OK, but the breakfast room was too small, so we had to take ours to the room. Pool area was nice, with a (cold!) larger pool, and a hot spa. The railroad is closeby, so be prepared to hear some trains pass by regularly. There are lots of shops & restaurants within close range as well.
We had a nice stay, but due to some ignorant people, not a perfect night sleep.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple