Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$118
  • Beachfront
Shore Hotel(Santa Monica)
$309
  • Beachfront
Hollywood Hotel(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$765
$309
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
$271
$212
Orbitz.com
1,123 results
All reviewsgated parkingcsu northridgefront deskbagelsroom was cleancontinental breakfastno elevatorthe san fernando valleysmoking roomla areagreat place to staywould stay here againking bedfree parkinglailacvsneighborhood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 25, 2009

I am writing from The Bevery Garland Holiday Inn* in North Hollywood, this supposedly 3.5-star hotel is not even half as good as the Howard Johnson Reseda. I like almost everything about this hotel except for two things...

1. Location: If you don't drive, you really don't want to stay here - and I am good at taking LA's public buses, no grocery store or fast food restaurant within walking distance - unless you don't mind walking 30 minutes or longer. (There are two Vietnamese restaurants a few minutes walk from the hotel, I tried one of them, their cooking was mediocre at best.

2, Cigarette Smoke: Although I stayed in a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor, I could smell cigarette smoke very often, even putting a thick towel under the door did not help.

*WARNING! Although I booked a 3.5-star hotel at hotwire (May 24-28), they gave me a 3-star Holiday Inn and hotwire won't offer any refund or compensation, instead, to rub salt to injury, they sent me a link to their website that clearly shows Holiday Inn is a 3-star hotel... Our 3-star hotels include:Holiday Inn, Radisson, DoubleTree... http://www.hotwire.com/pop-up/hotel-ratings-popup.jsp

1  Thank TimeTravel9
seeyeah, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.
I would like to apologize on behalf of our staff for not informing you of the nearby fast food restaurants such as McDonald's, Carl's Junior, Kentucky Fried Chicken and Arby's.
These fast food chain are located between half a mile to one mile from the property.
Many small ethnic restaurants are also within walking distance.
I would also like to apologize for the experience you had with the smoke.
We are working to improve these aspect of your stay.
Thank you again for choosing the Howard Johnson Inn & suites In Reseda, California.
We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

Very good for your money,affordable, convienent for shopping. Staff at the hotel were very friendly. Rooms were very clean and tidy. You can not go wrong for the money your paying. I would stay here and drive to north hollywood and disneyland because you can save money on your rooms and spend it on your vacation. Highly recommendable.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Howard Johnson Inn & Suites in Reseda, California. We are glad your stay with us saved you money for other parts of your vacation. We border many towns such as Woodland Hills, Northridge, Canoga Park, Chatsworth, Encino, Van Nuys. Travelers such as yourself want a good clean room and affordable with all the standard ammenities which we provide. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our newly renovated Property located in the West San Fernando Valley.

Reviewed May 20, 2009

During our trip to America we spent 2 nights at the Howard Johnson Inn Reseda. Satisfied customers on tripadvisor advised to book a room in this hotel, and I must admit, it really is a good hotel!
We had a nice large room, very clean, a beautiful bathroom, probably just renovated, and each morning a good breakfast. The staff was very helpful and friendly and did everything to make our stay a pleasant one. Although it isn't close to the major attractions in L.A. (about half an hour drive) it is worth booking, especially considering the price!
A small detail: we read on Tripadvisor that there is a parking especially for guests. We weren't told of this possibility upon check-in, and left our car in front of the entrance in a small parking close to the road. Although nothing happened (it seems to be a safe neighbourhood) we would have appreciated it leaving our rental car in a safe parking.
But: when returning to this area we will definitely book this hotel again!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Howard Johnson Inn & Suites in Reseda, CA.
I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the parking of your car. We have parking at the front and the back of the property. We will take better care in the future to inform guests regarding this matter.
We appreciate your input. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

Well worth the money. Convenient, friendly, comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel next time in town.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your kind words.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

My family were visiting my Sister's family for March break , in L.A. We had want staying in affordable hotel, we found the Howard Johnson through TripAdvisor.

I'm SO glad we decided to stay at Howard Johnson Inn, in Reseda. The hotel staff were friendly, courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable about the area.

Our rooms were clean and very spacious exactly what we had hoped for: comfortable, elegantly designed, and well-appointed. Amenities included shampoo, conditioner, lotion and soap, and a small tube of toothpaste. The fridge inour allowed us to keep food in the room, and there was a coffeemaker and coffee. With two small boys this was a blessing.

There was bathtub, with a shower, the water pressure was good and we never ran out of hot water.

Everything seemed solidly constructed, and we never heard our neighbours.

The rooms included Wifi, cable TV and were able to access the Internet with no problem.

Breakfast included a selection of pastries, muffins, fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal, milk and juice, coffee and tea. You could eat in the small sitting area in the reception area, or outside on the patio beside a lovely wall fountain.

It was a pleasant change to be able to pick up some fruit or use the microwave whenever I felt like it; I'm so used to places where you have to pay for every little thing.

Though we didn't have time to use it, there was also a nice pool for swimming and little outdoor patio area, with two small tables and some chairs.

My Family and I are definitely coming back!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words for your experience with our property. We at the Howard Johnson Inn & Suites hope to serve you again in the future.

MAnagement