“Places to Stay in Reseda”

Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda
Ranked #72 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Springdale
“Places to Stay in Reseda”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Of all the choices in the same area and in the same price range HOJO is your best bet in terms of safety, cleanliness and customer service. The only thing I did not like is that they do not have an elevator. I went to Resida California to visit my 89 years old father who stays at a Senior Citizen apartment. When I needed to go back to my hotel room, my father went back with me, I forgot that they did not have an elevator, I thought my father would not be able to go to my room on the 2nd floor, I told him to just wait for me at the lobby, but one of the staff had managed to help him with his walker and he was able to climb the stairs. I hope they would consider adding an elevator.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

seeyeah, Guest Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn & Suites Reseda, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review of our property. Loved the fact that you appreciated our service and quality at the Howard Johnson Inn & Suites in Reseda ,CA. Sorry for the inconvenience regarding the elevator. If we know ahead of time we do accommodate guest on the ground floor where possible.
We do look forward to serving you again.

Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed January 2, 2014

On a last minute New Year's Eve/New Year's mini-vacation trip to Universal Studios and NYE LA at Grand Park, this was the only place I could find that still had rooms available. I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel. It's about 15 minutes to Universal Studios and 30 minutes to Downtown LA so the location worked for us. We stayed in 2 king suites. The rooms were large and clean and had more than enough space for everyone in our party. There's free parking, free wi-fi, and free breakfast. My only complaint is that the key cards had the tendency to just stop working sometimes. Overall, I'd consider staying here again when I'm in the LA area.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. Glad you found our hotel to your liking. We provide great service and quality at our hotel to all our guests. Many Visitors coming to LA find our property to be economical and close to many of the area attraction such as Universal Studios, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Getty Center, Six Flags Magic Mountain etc. Hope to see you again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I gave up the location for a fair price and quiet night. It is a quiet neighborhood, but it's noisy when staying in the room. Once you set the temperature, it will keep switching on and off to maintain the temperature, and it was extremely loud when it's warming up at the same time you won't miss a single foot step in the corridor. It provides free parking, free WIFI and free breakfast(with limited choices). One more thing is that the key cards stop working very easily, the hotel staff said it was because I put them together with my cell phone, well, the last time I heard of this kind of problem was 12 years ago.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We do apologize for your experience with the AC unit. If the unit is set to auto it will work and shut off when it reaches its setting. To keep it on all the time do not set it to auto. Hope this helps for the next time you visit.