Radisson Hotel Chatsworth
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$296
  • Breakfast included
$127
  • Pool
The Westin Los Angeles Airport(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$135
  • Beachfront
$271
$254
  • Restaurant
All reviewstopanga canyonfront deskcountry delisan fernando valleyshower stallbusiness tripbusiness travelerbreakfast buffetawesome hotelspacious roompleasant stayfree parkingbusiness centerclean hotelfitness centerking bedcoffee maker
Reviewed August 13, 2009

All those nay sayers out there bad mouthing this Radisson need to stay at another so-called three-star and eat their words. This is a very nice place. It's comfortable, it's clean, it's safe, it has a decent work-out facility and an OK in-house restaurant. Best of all are the staff. I had the misfortune of having a flat tire on my rental care the first morning there. Staff came to the rescue, shuttling me to my morning appointment for no charge and being just generally very, very nice and polite. The rooms are quite large. The bathroom has both a steam shower and a separate tub, with a large granite vanity area. There's a fridge and microwave plus coffee maker. Especially nice is the desk and desk chair plus free wi-fi, a real plus for the biz traveler like me. My room had an outside balcony, with a lovely view of the Santa Susannah mountain range and the interior courtyard which boasts a fountain and lovely landscaping. What's not to love if you're gonna stay in the Valley? For heaven's sake, my boss -- a very picky business traveler -- likes this place!

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Finding a good, cheap hotel in Los Angeles will always be a challenge, and our stay at the Radisson Chatsworth left us feeling disappointed. My fiancee and I have been staying at various hotels over the last 3 years (over 50 at this point) and had never stayed in a Radisson. We had stayed at quite a few Country Inn's which are lesser properties in the Carlson chain compared to Radisson. This was clearly an older property but the interior has received a recent face lift. We paid around $100 for the room, which is around what we pay everywhere else in the country for a nicer hotel. I guess this is the sort of hotel you're going to get for that price in the big city.

The place seemed lifeless and the interior, though newer, looked ill maintained. The lobby wasn't much more than white walls and a staircase, and the room wasn't much better. The bathroom had a weird layout that included an upright shower as well as a separate tub. Mold was beginning to show but any older property is probably going to have that. The TV was old and the bed looked a bit worse for wear, despite being a sleep number bed. There was a bit of highway noise though not too bad.

We checked out early in the morning and there was nobody at the front desk, even after we yelled "HELLO" back to the room behind the desk. Finally a security guard went and woke up the sleeping front desk guy and he checked us out. It wasn't the best stay we've had with Carlson, but certainly better than some of the Country Inn's we've seen. This seemed like a hotel at the end of a long run. It's time to put this property to bed and make it a lesser brand, because it's definitely showing its age and has zero styling.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank JoshandIssa
Reviewed March 9, 2009

Very nice lobby and parking lot and the staff really knows the area well. Room appeared fairly new and clean, sleep-number bed was great. TV had about 30 channels including HBO. Incredible array of products in the bathroom. If you're a light sleeper, the morning rush hour starts about 5 AM and is very noisy. Free buffet breakfast in the attached restaurant was super! Sausage, bacon and REAL scrambled eggs, not the powdered ones most hotels offer. OK, good is good, but when I read reviews I like to know the bad, so here goes:

The small bathroom was terrible, other than all the bottles of stuff. I know bathroom noise is common at most hotels, but while in bed here, you could hear every bathroom above, below, near, or in the same county! I've never heard so much bathroom noise before anywhere ever. Then comes the stand-up clear glass shower stall attached to the sink. Very small to maneuver in, touchy temp control, and not very private with clear glass.

Room cleanliness--while the room "appeared" clean, why did my white socks get black on the bottom after walking around the room for only a few hours? When you see that, it makes you really wonder just how clean this room is. The outside of the windows were very spotty and dirty, so maybe the room just "appeared" to be clean.

Would I stay here again--"maybe", but I'd never take my shoes off :-)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank ynp-CV
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Stayed here for one night for a special event at a nearby country club.

This is a wonderful place to stay! The rooms are well maintained spacious and quiet.

The big plus at this hotel, however, is the staff gracious and attentive. Especially the waitstaff at the buffet breakfast.

Whomever is running this place really knows how to train their staff.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Scituateboy
Reviewed May 8, 2008

I have stayed here numerous times, and my experience has been, for the most part, favorable. However, my most recent stay was a bit surprising. The fire alarm went off three times during the night (the last time at 4:30 am). Needless to say, this will get you out of bed in a hurry and wondering what is going on. The front desk manager's explanation? "It's a 17 year old system, and it goes off sometimes. At least we know the fire dept. responds". That was it....no "sorry for the inconvenience", nothing. After spending countless thousands of dollars at this hotel for myself and my co-workers, at minimum, an apologie for a sleepless night would have been nice. Am I a picky guest? Probably, but most business travelers expect a bit more. When I told the front desk that the phone on the desk in the room did not work as the cord was frayed with bare wires, they responded "There's another phone by the bed". Unfortunately, I was doing my work on the desk and not on the bed.When I called room service in the eveing to order a simple sandwich, I was told "It's dinner time and that's not on the menu. You have to order off the dinner menu". I did...unfortunately. Lousy overpriced food. Enough said. Will be going to the Staybridge Suites down the street for my trip in June.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)