“RETURN TO STUDIO CITY COURTYARD HOTEL”

Studio City Court Yard Hotel
Ranked #131 of 353 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 3, 2013

One year later and we are back for another month long stay! Its not a 5 star hotel so you have to come here not expecting it to be like one. The thing we like most about this hotel is the size of the rooms. Our hotels are paid for and we could choose anywhere we want but I'll choose size over a small round 5 star box any day. The staff are all friendly and have worked here for years, so over time you get to know them all. Gloria makes the most amazing waffles each morning fresh to order and Carlos is always around if anything is wrong with your room, he'll even teach you some Spanish! I love coming home each day to find our room is clean and bed made and changed. I tried a B&B once and didn't like having to find the time to clean the bathroom and make beds before we left for a busy day.
The breakfast is basic but enough, at home I'd only have toast anyway, so the choice to have a waffle & pastries as well are a treat for me. I would like to see the cereals & fruit bought back though :)
We stay in the rooms on the opposite side to where the pool is, they are much bigger and you get a 2 or 3 seater couch, table and chairs, coffee table and dressing room, so when you're staying for an extended time I actually feel like its home, not just a square box! The pool area is nice and there is a super market (Ralphs) right across the road so you can buy food and cook in the microwave in your room if you don't want to always eat out. Universal Studio's is right up the road and you can drive there in 5 mins or jump on a bus right outside the hotel. If you walk either direction there are some really nice shopping areas and restaurants. The staff will help you choose day trips if you're here for pleasure. We've seen alot of places in this area, and for the size and value for money there is nothing else along this strip!
I've read other reviews and someone mentioned a cockroach, you get them anywhere, I've had one in the 5 star places we've stayed, but have never seen anything like that here, infact last month in Sydneys top hotel we stayed, there was one in the buffet breakfast restaurant!
Another thing I love here are the showers, they have so much power, I love the shower
heads they use. I miss them when we return to Australia and have to time how long we are in there for due to the lack of water. Here you never have to worry about that.
Also the beds, probably the best hotel beds we've ever slept in, this is one area they have outdone themselves in. I always suffer with bad backs but when we leave Australia and stay here I always wake up pain free, after staying here last time we ended up buying a new bed! The beds in the room are king size so another plus. There is also free internet, and easy parking (also free) either uncover or outside. I've read reviews where people have complained but I have never once not found a park, there is a heap of parks that go all the way around the back of the hotel.

Room Tip: We like the rooms too the left when you drive in, not the pool side and the corner rooms are the big...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MummaJJM
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2015

We thank you for taking the time to review us and to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken over as new management as of this month and we are excited to be on board. There are going to be some great changes coming up and we look forward to getting you back here soon. Thank you!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Way overpriced. Room was not worth the money at all. There was a cockroach about 2 inches long running around in my room right before I went to bed. And another one was spotted in the room as well. I do not recommend at all, unless you love being Overcharged, cockroaches, and bad customer service.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nattycox

We are disappointed to read that you had to go through this. We have just taken over management of this property and we have some exciting changes in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future booking needs: scinfo@broughtonhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Loved the hot waffle - made for me! Pool was cold. Bathroom had no fan and a shower
difficult to use. Lack of hot water. Location was close to Universal Studios.
Walking distance to Subway and Ralph's. The outside area included palm trees and patio tables
and chairs. This is an apartment complex turned hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mom2rnr
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2015

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I have once again stay here for a few days during my visit to Los Angeles, I think this hotel is still good value in excellent location with new fixtures like flat screen TV, free internet and breakfast.
There is nothing in this price range in the area so I stay regularly here on all my business trips.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank oscar888_10

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I stayed here and I took a shower and the shower drain got caught under my toe ring and i slipped and fell. I told the hotel manager about it. They did an incident report and then said the owner will contact me. NO ONE contacted me.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Alistudiocity

Reviewed June 27, 2013

What NICE, cordial people!
The room (rooms) were clean, spacious and very comfortable for us. The large area and neatness of the accommodations AND the buildings are not usually found in this area of Los Angeles and especially in this day and age.
The sheets and towels were like new.
The continental breakfast was something that I would usually pay 12-15 dollars for in a restaurant.
Very nice and pleasant surrounding neighborhood.
We'll be back!

Room Tip: Reserve Early, and request Room 235!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ed Y

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Clean, spacious room. Pretty quiet. Bed isn't the most comfortable (a little firm) but not bad. Most disappointing is the breakfast, which is just white bread, bland cereals and waffles. Not filling at all. (And wish they wouldn't use styrofoam.) Staff was nice and helpful. We were just in town briefly, so it was great for our needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We have taken over management as of this month and we are excited about some upcoming changes. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future booking needs: scinfo@broughtonhotels.com. Thank you!