“Good hotel for its money”

Studio City Court Yard Hotel
Ranked #125 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Pleasant neighbourhood, close to store "Ralphs" and to pubs and restaurants. Not far from main Los Angeles attractions.
Spacious free parking.
Average breakfast (pastry,toasts,waffles,flakes).

Very thin walls, we heard noise from cars at the street and from people in courtyard.

Room Tip: Probably it would be quiter in rooms far from road - with windows at parking and on second floor.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ola_Zh
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2015

We thank you for taking the time to review us and to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken over as new management as of this month and we are excited to be on board. There are going to be some great changes coming up and we look forward to getting you back here soon. Thank you!

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is my first review and I feel compelled to write my experience at the front desk on April 6. My girlfriend and I had spent the majority of our day at Universal Studios and were extremely tired. Our first impression of the courtyard reminded me of the apartment complex from the 80's Karate Kid movie. I originally chose this place because of the price and only needed to stay one night.

Around 3:15pm, we approached the front desk and a short old bald man of Indian descent by the name of "Manny Jose" greeted us with a monotonous "hello." This guy had a really thick accent and I told him several times I had made reservations for one night through Expedia. He claims that Expedia didn’t run my credit card and I needed to call Expedia through my personal phone since he didn’t know how to use the desk phone. Are you [--] kidding me?? I immediately demanded to see a manager, however he claimed to be the only one working at the time. I became more impatient and decided to call Expedia to get to the bottom of the situation. At first, I was thinking Expedia had made a mistake on their end, however Alex, an Expedia rep confirmed my credit card went through correctly and “Manny” just needed to add an authorization code on the computer. “Manny” told Alex that he didn’t know how to do that and insisted on a new credit card number. I had shown my credit card statement and the confirmation as proof, but of course this was like hieroglyphics to him. I then told him, “if you don’t know how to use a computer and the phone, then why are you working at the front desk??” I finally told Alex to cancel my reservation because I refused to waste anymore of my time there. I left this place around 3:45pm and felt very disappointed with the customer service. I wanted to give this place a chance, but there were too many red flags from the start. I’m hoping no one has to go through this. Thankfully, I found “Beverly Garland Holiday Inn” 10 minutes away.

I hope the hotel manager reads this and does a better job on their customer service!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mdc5
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2015

We are disappointed to read that you had to go through this. We have just taken over management of this property and we have some exciting changes in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future booking needs: scinfo@broughtonhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed here before, and it's certainly nothing fancy, but functional. Good location to get onto the highway to go any direction. Basic rooms, smallish, and the same with the bathroom. They have a laundry, 1 washer and one dryer, coin operated. We never went in, nor saw anyone in the pool. Perhaps later in the year. They offer a breakfast, which was spartan, in a small dining area, so pick your time.
I would not take a room facing Ventura Blvd as it would be quite noisy. We had an upper floor, and turned the fan on to generate some white noise, as you can hear a bit of road noise still.
Hot water seemed to take a while to get to the room, and we had to request an extra towel each time the room was made up.

Room Tip: Worth the price as the others in the area are no better for the $
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Britishcanadianeh
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have taken over management as of this month and we are excited about some upcoming changes. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future booking needs: scinfo@broughtonhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I can say that have enjoyed staying at this modest hotel more than staying in more expensive and higher ranked Embassy Suites in Downey CA. Probably because of its great location. But the fact is that the rooms are clean and well kept. Furniture, towels and whites are in excellent shape. Service people are friendly and cooperative.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank George_D74

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed here for originally 2 nights, then added an extra 2 more nights. The area is pretty quiet and close to Universal Studios. The rooms are clean and beds are comfortable. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, but for the price it is well worth it. Continental breakfast was very good. Made to order Belgian Waffles, toast,coffee, oatmeal, bagels w/cream cheese, and mini muffins. It was perfect to start our morning. We were going to check out and stay in Hollywood for the other 2 nights, but the price here couldn't be beat and it was very close by to Beverly Hills, Hollywood, and LA. Staff was very nice and friendly, and plenty of parking. We will definitely be back again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank latinamom68

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I have stayed at the motel on at least six different occasions during the last two years so I think I know the place pretty well. It is not a luxury hotel by any means, but I stay here because it's a good deal for the price--clean, safe and with a great location at the intersection of Ventura Blvd. and Coldwater Canyon. I can hop over the hill into Beverly Hills or over to Universal City or Burbank or Sherman Oaks without hassle. Ventura Blvd is a row of great ethnic restaurants. There's a 24-hour restaurant right next store, plus a coffee shop and a bagel place directly across the street. In short, it has everything I need.

The staff is friendly. The rooms are basic. The swimming pool is small but functional. I've paid anywhere between $89 and $109 for a room so I consider that a bargain. If you're just looking for a place to crash at night, this is it. If you've got a family with you, this is it. If you're searching for a romantic getaway, well, probably not it.

Room Tip: I like to stay on the second floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank David C

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is situated in a nice area, with restaurants and a supermarket nearby.
You can reach Studio City in 10 minutes, Walk of Fame in 10 minutes and Mulholland Drive in 5 minutes.
It is no high end hotel, but ok and clean.
Friendly staff, good Wifi, basic breakfast.
(Tip: bring a cushion for the metal chairs in the breakfast area ;-))

• Stayed: December 2012