Studio City Court Yard Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mikado Hotel(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
El Patio Inn(Los Angeles)
  • Breakfast included
BLVD Hotel & Spa(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
777 Motor Inn(Los Angeles)
View Hotel
All reviewsventura blvduniversal studiosfree parkingplace to stayrooms are cleanmin drivegreat poolexcellent locationnice roomwould definitely stay here againbeverly hillszeejoeysupermarkethollywooduberfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The hotel is small and cute, parking is free, nice breakfast and good WiFi and price is good if you are on a budget.
The rooms are OK, but the bathroom need a serious updating. it's old, rusty, the water smell like rust, the tub faucet are not working properly at all, old TV, i cannot imagine that in 2012 3 stars hotels still have old boxes TV.

Room Tip: Ask for a back room, too much noise at the front since it's a main road.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 4,407
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2015

We are disappointed to read that you had to go through this. We have just taken over management of this property and we have some exciting changes in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for any future booking needs: scinfo@broughtonhotels.com. Thank you!

Reviewed June 21, 2012

this review is for the smaller building, which has the bigger king suite rooms.

this hotel is excellent, while my experience is the same as other's in that they did not accommodate my specific requests that are made by either phone or email (i.e. rooms on first floor, together, etc.), once i got there, they upgraded us to larger rooms, and did put us in side by side rooms, but they were on the 2nd floor, which did make it a little difficult getting in (no elevator),

however...they did upgrade us to the "King Suite" side, which is the smaller of the two buildings, the rooms were excellent. the room was over sized, couch, table, chairs, tv, dresser, lots of shelf's, and great lighting - plenty of lights and the right watts - you could actually see quite well as opposed to most rooms that are often times not well enough lit;

now to address what people said - yes the shower head is too low, but does this matter? not to me - there is hot water and great water pressure.

is the sink kind of high? probably - but again, who cares - nothing is perfect, and there is also hot water in the sink and the pressure is great.

I don't know what people expect. parking can be a bit tight at night, but we did always manage to find a space.

there was an issue of our key's not working for some reason a couple of times, but each time (regardless of what time we had the issue - once during the day and once after midnight), they were courteous and resolved the issue with 10 minutes both times.

We stayed there a total of 10 nights, two rooms and I would do it again!

There is sometimes street traffic noise, but it is in the heart of a city on a busy blvd., what would you expect? Occasional motocycles sound - yes, sirens, occasionally, but overall, it was quiet, and the staff was very helpful.

The staff did not always necessarily appear to be interested in what I was saying, and yes there is someone that works in the afternoon that has a tendency to tell you to call back during the morning, but THEY ALWAYS RESOLVED ANY ISSUE that I had.

To reiterate, the only one's I had were the room's not being what I asked for in the beginning (which they fixed to my satisfaction) AND the key's not working on a couple different occasions (which they FIXED within 10 MINUTES),

Overall, I would give this hotel a 100% rating. stay there, recommend to your friends. If you want an upscale hotel, don't bother, but if you want a great value hotel in a great location, this is your place.

Room Tip: it is well worth it to upgrade and get a "king" suite - less rooms, and probably quieter side of the hotel...no elevator, so keep that in mind if you have any trouble with stairs...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Craig S, Manager at Studio City Court Yard Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2015

We thank you for taking the time to review us and to let us know that you enjoyed your stay. We have taken over as new management as of this month and we are excited to be on board. There are going to be some great changes coming up and we look forward to getting you back here soon. Thank you!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have been staying at the StudioCity Court Yard Hotel, often several times a month while
I pursue my acting career in LA. It is wonderfully situated amid the colorful shops and restaurants on Ventura Blvd, and I enjoy its affordability, cleanliness, friendly management, and ambiance. There's a tempting pool, but I am a non-swimmer.
Each room has a handy refrigerator. It's a great place to "get up and go" from.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side not facing Ventura Blvd.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 13, 2012

This old style motel offers a clean, comfortable respite from work or sightseeing in the Los Angeles area. This is an older property but it has been well maintained and is well managed. It is located in Studio City which is the first suburb on the San Fernando Valley side of the San Gabriel Mountains. The old commercial district of Studio City has been revitalized and this motel fits perfectly with the theme of older properties serving a contemporary clientele. While definitely not in the center of things, there are numerous restaurants, a huge grocery, pharmacies and book stores in Studio City. Hollywood and Downtown LA are about 15 and 25 minutes away on the Hollywood Freeway, and the beaches, UCLA, and Westside are about 25 to 30 minutes away by taking the Ventura Freeway to 405. I used the pleasant courtyard to check the internet before charging off in the morning and always found the room comfortable for sleeping at night. A great value at the price.

Room Tip: I had a King Suite which included TV,VCR, Frig, Microwave, iron and ironing board, and lots of closet space. Would be great for an extended stay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DharmaBumSLC

Reviewed June 5, 2012

This is a nice inexpensive motel surprisingly close to universal studios. It is right off Ventura Blvd. which can be a bit noisy at night sometimes.

The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the normal small refrig and in room coffee maker. My only complaint is the bathroom - it was clean, but the sink was built for some one 6 ft.1, and the toilet bowl for some one 5 ft. 1. When I shave the sink in all most all motels comes up to my waist here it came up to just under my chest.

Another nice touch is it has guest self serve laundry facilities. The free continental breakfast is a bit thin but you can make your own belgian waffles, saves on the cost of breakfast. The staff is friendly and helpful.

Parking is free but if you have a large vehicle ( I have a Ford F250 crew cab long bed) parking can be a challenge otherwise you should have no problem.

Room Tip: A down stairs room in the back would cut out most of the noise (which isn't that much) from Ventura Blvd.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family