“Loved LA”

Ranked #109 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Palm City, Florida
“Loved LA”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This Hotel was very nice and elegant. I wasn't sure what to expect since it was a Sheraton, but it was a really nice surprise. It is LA after all!! Great location, very clean safe, close to everything . Easy in and out and the concierge was great with recommendations. We would definitely would stay there again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you for the feedback, it is very much appreciated. I’m very glad to see that you just had a great time! We will pass on the kind works to the Concierges team as well. Please feel free to ask for me the next time your travels bring you back this way. I would be happy to help set up your reservations! Thank you again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful treatment from the staff here from start to finish. We arrived here off the back of a 18/19 hour journey and exhausted, check in was a breeze and the room was clean and beautifully laid out with fizz and strawberries (our booking was as a honeymoon couple)

The next day the helpful staff sorted us out with universal tickets, the location for which is absolutely amazing.

In terms of other things in LA, good positioning again, central LA is accessible via the metro lines and they run till quite late if you're not hiring a car. Disney was accessible via a shuttle which picked up and dropped off from our hotel.

Couldn't ask for any more really!

• Stayed September 2012
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you! The staff makes this place shine and we all truly appreciate you taking the time to write. We are all about our guests and it shows. Your review was great to read and I’m glad that your special occasion was spent here at the hotel with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Being a Sheraton, I wasn't expecting much - Sheratons have been quite average for me so far. Until this hotel - This was the best hotel I've ever stayed in. It's in a fantastic location if you want to spend a day or two at Universal Studios but not just for that, at the bottom of the hill there is a Metro station to take you everywhere else. Hollywood Blvd is just one stop away and from here you can connect to the buses to go out Downtown or to Santa Monica!
We had a gorgeous corner room, with an amazing view of the San Fernando Valley. It felt so peaceful & blissful to wake up and look out at the sunshine over the valley!
The room was clean, comfortable and modern, the bathroom wasn't the fanciest I've been in - but it was clean & well stocked for our needs - hey it's just a bathroom! The hotel itself is big & just had been redone I hear. It was bright & clean and so cosy & warm.
The staff were amazing. Especially the guys on the Front Desk. From the first interaction they knew us. If felt like they cared about me. The staff were young (my age I mean) friendly and outgoing - such a nice change from some of the previous hotels. They really paid attention and were so helpful, making sure we were organised for our plans. Even asking at the end of the day how it all went & comping our WiFi because we were Starhot! I felt like a princess really.
There is a few places to eat nearby, & a couple gas stations to pick up some essentials. CityWalk has lots but there is also an In n Out down the hill - A must stop-by!
The pool was in the shade which I was sad at - BUT it was warm enough, and had these cool Cabanas I could relax in in the evening. I sat in the jacuzzi at night, had a cocktail and just relaxed - It was like heaven.
This hotel really exceeded my expectations, I can't think of one thing i could say was bad. I loved it & I will DEFINATELY be back to this hotel in the future!
:,) Thank you Sheraton!!

Room Tip: We asked for a corner room so had 2 windows & plenty of natural light!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,it is wonderful to see that you had an overall great experience. Thank you also for the kind works to the staff and it will definitely be passed on. I too just love the cabana's near the pool, super relaxing! It would be great to have you back so you can get the princess treatment again soon! Many thanks from the Sheraton Team
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Our group found that after a day touring Hollywood the warm and welcoming staff that greeted us upon our arrival was quite refreshing. The gentlemen that greeted us at the front desk set the tone for our experience and was carried through for our one night stay. It is conveniently located on the grounds of Universal with frequent shuttle service to the park.
The only hiccup with our experience was the wifi connections as it was sporadic at best. While we expected a certain level of customer service from a Sheraton, this one left a lasting favorable impression.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Guest, a “lasting favorable impression” is what we strive for. Your comments are great to read and shared with the Sheraton Team. I am very glad that your visit was relaxing and it is our hope that your travels will bring you back this way again soon. Many thanks for taking the time to write your review.
Boston
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Universal Sheraton was excellent. The location is very good and significantly better than I'd anticipated. Obviously it's very close to Universal Studios and Citywalk, which is a big bonus.
Rooms are clean and food is good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Great location should you plan to spend time at Universal Studios, as there are only two hotels on site and within walking distance (the other one is the Hilton). The Sheraton underwent recently some renovations, and the lobby, rooms etc. are nicely done. On top of that, the staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The reason for the average rating lies in the fact that some rooms are facing the busy highway and boy, is that ever noisy! I couldn't sleep despite using earplugs. Our room was on the second floor directly facing the freeway, and it had a balcony door which didn't close properly. You felt like you were sleeping right outside next to the traffic. We requested a different room for the next night,and moved up to the 18th floor. Although still facing the highway, it was much better.

Room Tip: High level is highly recommended!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelandLearn_11
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am writing this review somewhat late, i stayed at the hotel in September with my sister and friend and we had a fantastic experience.
Originally we were booked in to stay at the Grafton on Sunset, but after reading some very bad reviews i contacted Virgin Holidays (whom were not as accommodating i have to say) and we were moved to the Sheraton.
At check in i told the gent that my sister hadn't been to LA before (i had) and they gave us a great room with a brilliant view across the city, i think we were given a 'club' room.
Nothing was too much trouble, the concierge gent (i think he was called Fernando, it was a few months back!!) was absolutely amazing, he had worked for the hotel over 25 years and his knowledge was brilliant. He really made our trip, advising better, cheaper ways of getting around and ordering us cars etc where needed. On a really hot day he brought us bottles of water outside whilst we waited for the bus- what a gent.
I have stayed at the Beverly Hilton before now and yes there is a difference, but also a difference in what you pay! This hotel is conveniently located, the staff are wonderful and we found the breakfast good and service fab.
You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
The Garland
#13 of 351 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!