“This Sheraton delights in all aspects of your stay.”

Sheraton Universal Hotel
Ranked #107 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
CB/BigD
“This Sheraton delights in all aspects of your stay.”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

As a platinum SPG member I have stayed at my share of SPG properties. Sheraton universal is now at the top of my favorite hotels. This location is great for accessibility to Universal Studious. I had business in Northern LA and brought my 12 year old son along. The front desk manager found out he was with me and went out of her way to make us comfortable and him feel welcome. I had the opportunity to request help from management, bell & concierge staff. All could not have been more accommodating. The room was bright and shower pressure was good (pet peeves). Restaurant service was attentive and food was good. I am not in the habit of glowing reviews, but this property earned it. I will make this my home base when working north of LA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TeocaliJeepin
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you kindly for your comments. It means so much to the Sheraton team to receive your feedback. It is really great to see that every area within the hotel left a great impression. We are looking forward to your return and please contact me for all your future visits. It is our absolute pleasure to have you and your family back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Herts,UK
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here for a week before travelling onto San Diego for a week.We had a Lanai poolside room,with balcony which was great.From reading other reviews,I think they're the better rooms.Having somewhere to hang&dry wet swimwear was handy.The staff were all friendly&helpful,we requested a fridge which was sent up as soon as one was available (within a couple of hrs)
Lovely seating area around the bar area/reception where you can pick up the wifi or just sit&read.
The beds were comfy,the pillows were wonderful,Im going to have to try to find out where they come from! I know its a bit sad but I slept so well on them!
We walked to City Walk every night,up in the lift, across The Hilton's patio (quick look in the pond for the turtles!) and round the corner&you're there,for dinner and entertainment.
Theres enough different eateries for somewhere different every night.Also walked to Universal studios,which was good.
Wish we'd perhaps tried the metro to get to places,did find driving in L.A pretty hairy!
We only ate in the restaurant once&found it to be very expensive $80 for4 for breakfast(inc 2 children prices!) I get the impression perhaps a lot of guests are on business trips& are able to put stuff down as expenses.
Also,the room was very hot,the air con' didnt seem very powerful but as we had a balcony we were able to leave the patio door open.At the end of our stay we found a fan in the wardrobe,which would've helped.
Quite often there were functions on the patio,in the evening,which might be a bit noisy if you had little ones but they always ended around 10.30 so we never found them a problem,i quite liked watching all the smart people,dressed up!
The pool area was nice,with complimentary towels and comfy furniture.The poolside bar staff were very friendly.
One day when we arrived back,Matthew Perry was filming his new show here,which was exciting!
We loved it here&really felt we'd landed on our feet,would certainly recommend and would love to stay again,should we ever come back to L.A.

Room Tip: Ask for a poolside room,having a balcony is great &if you're on the first floor you dont nee...
2 Thank Emma P
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Guests, thank you so much for the detailed information. It is very helpful in allowing us to improve in certain areas. The fact that you enjoyed your visit is fantastic and we are so happy that the hotel was convenient for all your needs. Our staff makes every effort to see our guests are comfortable and relaxed. And it’s really so much fun to hang out by the pool, there always seems be something fun going on! Thank you again kindly for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
SLC, UT
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We (Mom, Dad, 15yo Son) stayed at this hotel August 8-11. We arrived early in the morning, before check in time, and were fortunate to be checked in by the manager. She offered us the chance for a higher-floor room that would be available later or a lower-floor room that was ready then. We opted for the higher floor, because we planned to spend the day at Universal Studios anyway. She gave us the self-parking pass even before we checked in, and we were on our way. We were also invited to the manager's lobby reception, although we didn't attend.

While we were there, we were treated very well. The manager e-mailed a greeting, and offered assistance. During the day, I e-mailed back and asked if we could have a fridge sent to our room, and received a prompt response that it would be there when we got back, and it was.

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The ice machine on the 11th floor didn't work, but the one on the 10th floor did.

We had an issue with the toilet not refilling properly after flushing. We called the front desk, and had a maintenance guy there within 5 minutes, who had it fixed within 15.

Walking distance from Universal, and very close access to freeways to go anywhere else.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable and friendly place to stay. Well done!

Parkatola

Room Tip: We asked for a higher floor, and faced the pool. No problems with pool noise.
1 Thank Parkatola
Dear Guest , looks like we may be your home away from home, and that is just fantastic! I’m glad we got you into your room quickly so you can start your day of fun! We appreciate all that feedback , it allows us to go back and tend to the comments noted. You are a very valued guest and we look forward to your next visit with us.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Excellent concierge and breakfast (great staff!) and location!
Very disappointed with support offered at from desk. On arrival (after 24 hours travelling) we were offered a room with a king size bed, despite a note on the booking form asking for 2 beds. The room was changed, but on arriving in the room although the beds were made the room had not been cleaned or topped up with soap, towels etc. As we were so tired we slept there anyway. The following day when I notified Reception I was offered a different room and was told if I waited until the afternoon I could have a room with a balcony and pool view. I decided to do this. However later on I was told this was unavailable and should not have been offered to me. Then I was informed that one would be available the following day..... 3 days later and I still had not unpacked and when I return to the Reception a different Manager knows nothing about it and I was back to my original room!! (I was shown one with a balcony overlooking a freeway which I decided not to take!)
Not a great start to a holiday...neither was it a great end! When the toilet overflowed and I called for help on the phone I tried to use the towels to mop up the water. in 5 minutes no one arrived so I went downstairs to alert them again. 20 minutes later on returning to the room the water was running from under the door and the flood had spread to the hallway! It had also spread to my suitcase and shoes lying in the wardrobe. On returning to Reception (yet again) I was really upset and a very nice American man (a guest) was very kind to me as no-one seemed to be taking it seriously. I was finally offered another room for the last night and assured someone would come and see the damage and help me move and that my suitcase and shoes would be cleaned!
Nobody came! We moved to the new room ourselves and the next morning we spoke to yet another Manager who informed me that they do not clean shoes and suitcases - but gave me 50 dollars to compensate for 2 ruined pairs of trainers which had been drenched in water from the toilets and a suitcase which had been lying in water from a toilet.
I cannot help but think that if I was an American business man I would have been treated better. Disappointed is an understatement. Especially after staying in the Sheraton New York previously where the standards of service and care for the customers were so high!

1 Thank Vera J
Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to write detailed account of your experience . I was disappointed to read that we failed to meet your expectations . The comfort of our guests is of primary importance to us. Please trust that your concerns were noted and will be addressed with the managers involved. Your feedback is vital and certainly invaluable. I hope you will look at this as a rare exception and not as a reflection of any lack of high concern for your patronage. If you do decide to return to the Sheraton Universal please contact me personally so that I can make special arrangements for your stay. You are our valued guest , and we would be grateful to have the opportunity to regain your faith.

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

nm
Reviewed August 8, 2012

this hotel is very welcoming. the rooms are clean and comfortable, the door men are very nice and helpful they offer you water and greet you every time they make you feel like a star the walk to universal was not bad at all very quick they do provide a shuttle i didnt use it tho city walk was just there

Room Tip: to book a room go directly to sheratons website
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Dear Guest, you got it! You are indeed the Star of the Show . We take great care in seeing that our guests enjoy their visits and want to return again and again! You are very correct in the proximity of the attraction's and the park to the hotel. Its is just a short 7-8 minute walk or quick shuttle ride over to the park. I truly appreciate your feedback and will share your kind words with the Sheraton Team, and we hope that your travels bring you back this way again soon.
Hillsborough, California
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Our family of four had a great experience at this hotel. We arrived at 1pm after a long drive and were greeted by friendly staff who took care of our car and luggage. Our room was not ready but we were given glasses of wine during check in. We took the 5-minute shuttle ride to the park (get front of line passes), but walked back to the hotel at the end of the day.

Good breakfast in the club lounge. We'll be back.

1 Thank jpatrickfamily
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Dear guest, thank you for the feedback. We find the welcome amenity’s to be a fun part of our guest arrival experience and I’m so glad you enjoyed it. We are happy to see that you encountered helpful associates who helped make your visit memorable. The shuttle is also very convenient and the walk is about 7-8 minutes from the hotel the park, so it definitely is easy. It would be our pleasure to have you back in the near future, from your friends here at he Sheraton Universal Hotel
Grand Terrace, California, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My husband, daughter and I stayed at the Sheraton Universal Hotel overnight from August 1st to August 2nd. Max at the front desk was kind and wonderfully helpful. My husband has terminal cancer, wanted to stay near Universal Studios, so I chose the Sheraton. We were all very pleased with that decision. The room was beautiful, comfortable and luxurious. The buffet breakfast was delicious ! The staff was wonderful and the location to the park was perfect. There was even a shuttle that took us from the front door of the hotel right to the City Walk, next to the park entrance. We would love to make a return trip and stay there again. Thank you !

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sheratonmanager001, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2012
Dear Guest, thank you for the feedback and the kind words. We are very pleased that this trip exceeded your expectations. We will pass on the praise to our front desk agent and the Sheraton Team who are dedicated to creating great visit’s for our guests. It would be my absolute pleasure to have you back for a return visit. Please keep me as your contact for any future visits. And thank you kindly for your time and feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
The Garland
#13 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!