Sheraton Universal Hotel
$324
$279
Sofitel
  • Pool
Travelodge Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
$154
Hotel Angeleno(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
$189
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Sunset Plaza Hotel(West Hollywood)(Great Value!)
$267
$259
  • Breakfast included
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
$305
  • Beachfront
$548
$430
  • Pool
Casa del Mar(Santa Monica)
$591
$171
$167
Travelocity
1,756 results
All reviewscity walkclub roomtheme parkfree shuttlewalking distance to universal studiosvisiting universalself parkingan upgradelobby barhollywood hillsshuttle servicebagelsconciergecitywalkburbankconferenceconvenience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed during a family vacation. Breakfast was served long enough that teenagers could actually eat. The hotel is within walking distance of Universal (there is also a shuttle) and is convenient to Hwy 101. Rooms are very clean, beds wonderful.

What really made the difference was the staff. Very helpful with any little problem or question about amusement parks. We stayed in the lanai rooms, excellent view of the pool and made it seem like a much smaller hotel (we never took the elevator during our 4 day stay).

We didn't get breakfast included in our room rate, and that was a mistake. We found that it would have been cheaper to book through the hotel rather than hotels.com, but that's hardly the hotel's fault.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the lanai rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear Lois2272-

It was great to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and we appreciate you sharing your experience. We've learned that many of our guests need to sleep in late following a long day at Universal Studios or the beach and are glad your teenagers enjoyed our extended breakfast hours. I've passed along your kind remarks to the entire team here and we all look foward to welcoming you back again soon....we'll have one of our Lanai rooms with a view of the pool waiting!

Best,

Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed one night as part of a trip to universal.

The hotel is nice and modern, very clean with good communal spaces. It is perfect for a trip to universal studios and we walked to the entrance and the city walk rather than use the free shuttle.

The staff were really helpful both on arrival and check out when we arrange a safety deposit for the day ahead of our leaving LA.

Our room was on the 20th floor with great views over the Universal Studios and beyond to the mountains. The room was big, clean and comfortable. There was very little noise so we had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was fine - nothing special but perfectly acceptable. We didn't have time to use the pool, it was spring break in the US and did look a little busy. I think I would like to stay in one of the low rise rooms around the pool if I stayed again.

We used the self-park which was really really close so no issues walking. The front desk have vouchers for some of the restaurants in the city walk.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Boo1000
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2012

Dear Boo1000-

Thank you for your recent visit and for sharing your feedback. It was great to hear your positive comments related to our staff and the hotel. It was also nice to hear that you found the parking close and convenient and enjoyed the short walk up to Universal Studios. We look forward to your next visit to the Hotel of the Stars.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

I walked into the beautiful lobby and looked for things that my kids might break. There were 4sl separate check-in counters with 2 stations each and only 1 person working all of them. It was a bit frustrating but once past that our family just loved the room and the view from the 18th floor overlooking the hills. We took the shuttle to Universal studios, a 3 minute ride, and had a blast all day and then came back and relaxed in our very nice room. My gripes were that the restaurant seemed a little outdated. I don't want to pay $21 for an adult
Buffet and $11 for kids. In fairmess, there were cheaper alternatives in the lobby. Also, I had to pay for Internet (one of my pet peeves). If I have to pay for Internet it should work everywhere. It did not work in the plaza level where the restaurant was. But don't get me wrong, everything else was excellent. Next time I will negotiate a better rate and try to get Internet and parking included.

• Stayed: April 2012

Dear Gregoryg63-

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. I was glad to hear that your overall visit was nice and that you enjoyed your room and stay with us. I can definitely understand your frustration to only have one individual at the Front Desk to assist with check in. I've addressed this with our Front Desk team to ensure it doesn't happen again. Let me know if I can assist with booking future reservations as we have packages that include parking and internet and add value if you plan on using both of these during your stay.

Best,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We spent seven nights at the Sheraton and had a fantastic stay. Everyone we dealt with from reservations through check out was very accommodating and service oriented. We upgraded to a junior suite package which included parking and breakfast each day and was worth the additional cost. The room was updated and very clean and comfortable. The location was very convenient to Universal Studios, Hollywood, and other great LA attractions, but you will need a car. The only downside was the elevator issues, but not a big deal. Thanks for a great week!

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank jk566

Dear jk566-

Thank you so much for your 7-night stay with us and it was great to hear that you enjoyed your trip. I'm glad that enjoyed our Suite package with parking and breakfast. Many guests don't realize the many different attractions that are a short drive from the hotel and it sounds like you experienced many of them over your week long visit. I'm always encouraging guests to take the short 10-15 drive up to the Griffith Park Obervatory. It's free and a great way to spend the evening and watch the sunset over LA.

I appreciate your patience as we worked through some elevator challenges but these have been corrected and hopefully won't cause any delays in the future.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 10, 2012

Stayed for 7 nights (2 adults and 3 teenagers). Hotel staff were friendly and the rooms were of a good standard. The breakfast was also good but the restaurant can get a bit crowded. Universal studios and city walk is just 10 minutes walk away. LA traffic can be a bit of a nightmare, so use the metro which is just 5 minutes for from the hotel. We used it to go to the staples center and to the Kodak theatre and could not fault it ($1.50 for single journey or $5 for a day pass). Other reviewers have stated have a room facing the pool to avoid traffic noise, we had a room on the opposite side to the pool and we could not hear any traffic noise.

Room Tip: If going to theme parks, sporting events, studio tours, theatre etc. Book tickets online before you go as not only will you get online savings/voucher codes but avoid disappointment if something is sold out (family particular enjoyed Lakers basketball)
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Dear Oakleigh22-

Thank you for your recent 7 night stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I've shared your comments with the entire team here at the hotel and everyone was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. At times the hotel restaurant, Californias, can get pretty busy and I encourage guests to take advantage of our Starbucks Kiosk in the lobby or room service which are both also available. Your tip of using the Metro to access Hollywood or Downtown LA is a great one and our concierge team has all the information available such as maps/schedules/etc for anyone needing more info. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.