“brillant location for LA would definately recommend”

Sheraton Universal Hotel
Ranked #109 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
S Wales
“brillant location for LA would definately recommend”
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Travelled with Virgin, Arrived at the Sheraton and found it be a modern look hotel. On our arrival was given a room that was not ready and as an apology without any hestiation they offered free internet access for the holiday. With a teenage daughter who wanted to keep in touch with friends on social network sites that was very usefull. We were given room 818 which had a lovely view of the hills, The breakfast was buffet but more than enough for what was needed. There didn't seem to be many breakfast diners close by which you find in other parts of the States. Location wise could walk to Universal studios without any hassle. The hotel is located on the side of the freeway with ease to travel towards the Pacific Coast but noise from the traffic which in LA is considerable is not a problem. The Hotel has well equipped gym and light and airy bar. All the staff were friendly and would recommend this hotel to others. Parking on site was $18 a day but that in that part of LA was not extortationate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank streakySWales
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear streakySwales:

Thank you for choosing our hotel and I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your holiday in our hotel. I'm sorry that your initial room was not ready but happy to hear that the Front Desk immediately addressed the situation. Our hotel's location is very convenient to Universal Studios w/ easy access to the freeway to visit the many other attractions Southern California has to offer. I always encourage guests to check in with our concierge staff for directions as well as sometimes the freeway may not be the best option.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip.

Randy Player

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Phila
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Clean, close to attractions, nice view. The lobby was beautiful and the rooms were nice and clean. The beds were comfortable. Universal Studios and Citywalk within walking distance. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank denjolu
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear denjolu-

Thank you for choosing our hotel and sharing your great feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

Hood River, Oregon
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The good: the staff and the location. The ok: room amenitites and decor. The not so good: this is an old hotel that's been renovated. The rooms are evidence of this. The bathroom was tiny, the light switches barely worked, stuff was just a bit rundown. The restaurant was really expensive ($14 for oatmeal, juice and coffee?!) and $7 a day for Internet.

But, this really is an ideal location for visiting Universal Studios and City Walk.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank BizDevRoadee
Dear BizDevRoadee-

Thank you taking the time to post your feedback. I was happy to hear that you found the staff and location of the hotel to be good. I'm sorry that you found the price for breakfast to be expensive. We try to offer various options for all different budgets and appetites from our full buffet in the restaurant to a yogurt parfait from our Starbucks kiosk. I have shared your feedback with our Chef and his team to see if we can add some more "cost effective" items to the menu. If you could please shoot me a message w/ your room number I'd appreciate it so I can follow up the light issue.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Hollywood.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 7, 2011

The staff showed that they were trained properly and provided me with excellent service. I was even impressed with the valet service which normally is the downfall of most properties. It was the first time that a valet cleaned my windshield when they noticed it was dirty. Sometimes the smallest details means the most. The only negative was the long wait for the elevators in the morning and the small sink in the guest room. Other than that, my stay was great.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank peter_vpnet
Dear Peter_vpnet-

Great to hear that our staff took such good care of you during your visit to our hotel. Of course I'm a little biased but I feel that we have the best team of any hotel that truly do everything they can to ensure our guests are happy. It was also great to hear that you noticed the little touch of the valets cleaning your windshield. I'll make sure to share your "thanks" with the valet team. I'm sorry for the wait with the elevators and that the sink wasn't as large as you would have liked. Hopefully these two items didn't have too much of a negative impact on your visit. Please let me know if I can be of any future assisantce or help when planning your next trip.

San Diego, California
Reviewed September 4, 2011

Recently stayed at the Sheraton Universal for the 3rd time. As always my stay was excellent. The hotel is easy to get to as it is near Highway 101. Check in was a breeze. The bed in the room was nice and comfortable. The TV was a nice size. Bathroom was clean and so was the whole room. Had a nice room with a view of the pool and the houses on the hill. I enjoyed the pool a couple of times. Plenty of places to sit and lots of towels available. Had breakfast a couple of mornings. The buffet was very good. There was a variety of foods to choose from. Billy the waiter is outstanding at his job. He is friendly and attentive. Used the shuttle to get to Universal Studios. It is also a short walk to get from the hotel to the park. Dai the concierge is exceptional at his job. Dai was very helpful to me. I always saw him busy with guests when I was in the lobby. I will stay at the Sheraton Universal when I'm in the area again.

Room Tip: Have stayed here before and have always had a quiet room. I like a high floor with a view. Just as...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank JMB54_11
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear JMB54_11-

Thank you for returning for your 3rd visit and for sharing your feedback. I'll make sure to recognize both Billy and Dai for their excellent service. I'm so happy that you continue to have great stays in the hotel. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if there is anything I can do to assist with your 4th, 5th and beyond stays!

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I have stayed at this property in the past and all of my time there including this month, was just great. Staff was incredible from the housekeeping to the front desk to the restaurant and the bar area.

Weather was great in LA and I would never ever consider staying anywhere else.

Sheraton in Universal City is the place to be. I was glad to get back home but when I climbed into my bed, I couldn't help but wish I was still in the large king comfy bed at the Sheraton :)

Go there and stay - you will not regret it.

Margaret

Room Tip: Go on the website and look for deals and specials in regard to the rates.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Margaret F
RandyPlayer, General Manager at Sheraton Universal Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2011
Dear Margaret F-

Thank you so much for your great review. I've shared your great comments with the entire team and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Cathedral City, California
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed two nights at the Universal Sheraton with my partner. The room had a king size bed, small loveseat, coffee table and desk. Nice size bathroom, closet and balcony overlooking the pool. The room was clean and the hallways were quiet. The hotel has a spacious well-kept lobby and very friendly staff. And it's pet friendly. I would definitely stay here again when I get back to L.A.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scorp1970
Dear Scorp1970-

I was very happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in our hotel. Unlike many hotel brands, Sheraton is happy to welcome your pet as we know they are part of the family as well. I'll make sure to pass along your comments to the staff. They'll be happy to hear you found everyone friendly and helpful and your room was clean and enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Southern California.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
The Garland
#13 of 351 in Los Angeles
Central L.A
Tilt Hotel Universal / Hollywood, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Sheraton Universal Hotel? Share your experiences!