“the worse place I've ever been in my life”

Rodeway Inn near Venice Beach
Ranked #294 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This horrible motel was our only chance of getting a room in a fully booked strange L.A. night... Though the morning after me and my husband looked at each other and said: maybe it was better if we had slept in teh car. That would tell you all about the place. And teh price was very high too...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CamillaSad

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great value for your $! Fresh and clean. Great location with easy acess to LAX, freeway, Venice Beach, Santa Monica. Washington Blvd have a lot of restaurans for kinds of taste and price.
Verry friendly and helpful staff! Ive been a regular guest for manny years, and i will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A L
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Me and 4 friends came to stay here.. Was really good to get to different places, Hollywood, Hermosa Beach, Venice etc. Easy to find and easy access to Highway. Big beds, TV, fridges, breakfast really good.
We had a great stay here!!! Was super fun and real good value for money!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank natashap897
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Through a mistake due to my travel website, I ended up with a reservation to this hotel without my knowledge and was charged a cancellation fee by Rodeway Inn. When I called to discuss ways to remedy the situation, the owner was fiercely argumentative and wouldn't even provide simple information like confirming which travel website I booked the hotel from, which would help me independently resolve the charge issue.

What was really disturbing was that the owner actively lied to me in an attempt to provide an excuse as to why she couldn't even attempt to consider a refund. Her main claim was that the hotel was at capacity and they were actively turning away potential customers.

This is likely to be false because, believing that I didn't have a reservation in the area, I searched around for a hotel room myself the day of, and there were plenty of vacancies in the area. So in lieu of having real customers, the hotel decided to charge me for a reservation I never actually made. Aggravating it all, I only learned of the charge later when I went over my credit card statement; no bill or receipt or phone call or anything from the hotel itself, just a mysterious charge.

In short, this hotel may a fine place to stay but if you have any issues with your stay be prepared for ridiculous, overly defensive and argumentative customer service.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Cow185
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Okay the breakfast is awful and the blanket on my bed had a hole it in but I really like this place and have stayed here three times now. Partly its because the location is really good, but mainly because all the rooms look onto a grass courtyard with a fountain and plants, rather than a concrete carpark like all the other motels Ive stayed in here. So that makes the place feel like a tiny refuge from LA's urban craziness. Plus the internet is fast, works 95% of the time, and is free, it comes with flat screen TVs and the room rate is cheaper than Travel Lodge - even if you have to add the cost of buying your own breakfast elsewhere. So Id recommend this place (just get breakfast down the road in Venice!)

Room Tip: get a room that looks onto the courtyard
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2011

We didn't feel safe because the room we got didn't have a safety chain in the door. When we asked the reception about it, the person (seemed to be the owner) somehow tried to explain to me that, the chains are not required because the door has 'electronic lock'. He was perhaps thinking that, he could convince me by his useless explanation. The locality is not very safe.
Although they advertised free continental breakfast when I booked online, there was almost nothing except for a few mini miffins (don't know how old were those). Instead of deceiving people, they should not advertise about free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SP_travel35
Reviewed February 25, 2011

i prefer to ccome to this motel, roms are very spacious i have stayed here for a week its a good place to spend a vacation .....eminities are really awesome.......close to vencie beach ......peace ambiance made my trip so calm.. management was very friendly...
complimentaory break fast is enough good

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Westside
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - LAX Airport
Extended Stay America - Los Ange...
#249 of 355 in Los Angeles
Venice
Jolly Roger Hotel
Jolly Roger Hotel
#10 of 11 in Marina del Rey

Been to Rodeway Inn near Venice Beach? Share your experiences!