All reviews free parking staples center complimentary transportation hotel van front desk shuttle service convention center within miles the breakfast area close to downtown mile radius sleep quality hot tub shuttle bus neighborhood hollywood convenience
Reviewed July 27, 2018 via mobile

I travel quite often for business and have recently been staying at IHG properties for work trips. I will no longer simply trust IHG to provide a safe professional hotel.

The problem is the location, it is surrounded by homeless people and feels very unsafe. The giant concrete wall that surrounds the property is their a weak attempt to hide from the outside but it looks like a compound. The sign on the wall stating that the video surveillance isn’t necessarily monitored didn’t exactly make me feel comfortable either.

The staff was fantastic and the room was acceptable. Although someone tried to force the door to the adjoining room at 3:36am which was disconcerting but the lock held so at least I didn’t die.

I have no problem with hotels in rough areas of town but I feel it should be disclosed and priced accordingly. I choose this hotel because it was IHG and not knowing the area thought it was downtown. The fact that it was $220 per night, more expensive than The Hotel Indidgo, one of the high rise hotels that were actually downtown was misleading and really upsets me. This property should not charge more than $75 per night.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank 334ChrisA334
Reviewed June 12, 2018

Hotel is located in a very rough neighborhood. There were people sleeping in the street outside of the hotel. Only food options within walking distance are fast food chains. The hotel itself had a "cosmetic" upgrade by Holiday Inn. There were flies inside the lobby all day long... this included the breakfast area. Staff was very nice.

Room tip: Look elsewhere
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 809ChrisL
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Where to start with this place. We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express this week. Don't let the name fool you, this hotel is not downtown proper. It is located east of downtown in the MacArthur Park area. For those unaware, MacArthur Park is an LA landmark, at which you can participate in many fun activities such as purchasing narcotics, drinking in public, or urinating in the open (which can also be a spectator sport, as I saw no less than six exposed penises in my short time there). In fact, the day we arrived, the LAPD held a fishing event of some sort where they pulled a dead body out of the lake! Fascinating! You can enjoy your walk to and from the park as well, passing by everyone blocking the sidewalks hawking their wares such as pirated DVD's and expired foods.

Now, I will admit, upon arrival we noted the parking situation at this hotel was fantastic. No issues there. Underground parking with CCTV cameras left us feeling like our car was safe and secure for the whole stay.

The check in process was simple, as usual with most Holiday Inn locations. Staff was helpful and accommodating, and welcome us and our dog happily.

Now, we come to the room! I must say that the room was so close to being what I expected, minus the (what appeared to be) ejaculate stains on the headboard. Things like that tend to make me lose faith in the cleanliness of the room as a whole. Hard to sleep comfortably, knowing something like that was overlooked.

We were on the fifth floor. At least the view should be nice, right? And not a hotel to disappoint, the trash pile and parking lot outside was truly the scenic overlook we were hoping for!

All said and done, I must say, you'd probably be better off parking in a decent neighborhood, sleeping in your car, and using the $300 as kindling to keep warm. You'll end up about on par with staying here.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Michael J
Reviewed May 17, 2018

My rating is only for their very easy use of parking. I was flying out and needed a cheap place to keep my car - and their service was quick and kind. Check in at the front desk, park, load up in the shuttle (that was waiting both times I needed it). I would use again for sure!

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed May 5, 2018

This hotel is very well managed. There was not a single employee who did not go out of their way to greet us and make sure we had everything we needed. So many smiling faces and everyone working hard to keep the hotel running smoothly and efficiently. It was such a treat to have employees greeting us with a smile. They seemed happy to be working and happy to have us there as customers. Refreshing cold water and delicious (not too sweet) pink lemonade in the lobby. The best part of this hotel was the shuttle service. They will gladly take you anywhere within 4 miles of the hotel. The beds were so comfortable which was wonderful after a hard day's work. Traveling would be a dream if every hotel were like this!

Room tip: The view from our room was not the best but then I don't think you would choose this hotel for "beautiful downtown LA"
Date of stay: April 2018