“Very good for LAX layover”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
Ranked #112 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Aiea, Hawaii
“Very good for LAX layover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

Needed a place for a 24 hour layover travelling with family of 4. Room was clean and roomy enough for 2 kids. Free breakfast that included eggs, cereals, breads, juices, fruits, etc. 85.00 online and they comped my parking. McDonalds next door, Subway across the street, Taco bell 5 min walk. We will be back to this hotel for an overnighter.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Stayed for a course i was taking, ironically on networking. Internet connection 56k at best, huge packet loss, absolutely no security. There claims of High-speed internet outright false.

room was a meat-locker, i was cold the whole time.

continental breakfast was disgusting. waffles tasted of burnt electrical wires.
rooms were noisy as hell even at night.

Room Tip: don't stay here if you can avoid it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank vectorlabs
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I'm used to La Quinta hotels, mainly in FL. However, even going to L.A., I decided to maintain such choice in order to avoid surprises - and I was right: proximity to LAX / good breakfast / careful staff / cleanliness are some of the high points.

Fremont, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

1. No Refrigerator or microwave provided, which was promissed while booked online

2. When I asked for it they said, refrigerator is provided only in King bed rooms and not two beds rooms

3. Parking fees are ridiculously high

4. Toilet got clogged many times in two days of stay and have to call the guy, who usually shows up after half an hour of call

5. Bad customer service. Keep calling on front desk and no one picks up the phone. Need to go personaly downstair to ask for any help

6. I booked for two Queen size bed room and they gave me two double size bed. After arguing for half an hour they moved me in to room, I booked. So they try to rip-off

Can I give "0" STAR??

2 Thank Nishit D
Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed at this same hotel back in 2011 and were very happy with our room. So much so, we chose to stay here again this trip. We stood here for 1 night, this November 2013 as we had to catch a flight out of LAX the next morning around 6am. I would say the only thing I really disliked about our stay this time around, was the fact they gave us a handicapped accessible room. The bathroom was set up and spaced very far apart and we have small children, so a higher toilet was also pretty inconvenient, meaning are they going to get on the toilet alright by themselves? Will they fall in? If you have small kids, you'll understand what I mean. Next time if this were to happen, I would surely go downstairs and ask for a different room. Anyway, moving on, food near the hotel, what is there to eat nearby? There is a McDonald's literally 2 minutes from this hotel on foot and a Taco Bell like a 1 minute walk the opposite direction. There is also a Subway sandwich shop but it's across a busy street. We went to Taco Bell this time and in 2011, we went to the McDonald's. So what I'm saying is, regardless if you have a rental car, there are fast food places in close walking distance. The hotel itself, every single time we come here, the staff is so polite, we've absolutely never had a rude or disgruntled employee, everyone is pretty nice here. Also, in 2011, when we stayed here they had a nice glass dispenser in the lobby with water in it and cucumber slices were in that, the next day they had lemon slices in there with water. I thought that was very nice they had that in the lobby for us travelers who might be thirsty after getting off the shuttle. The breakfast here we had in 2011, and it was fine. They had yogurt and cereal and toast. This time around, we knew we would miss breakfast since breakfast starts at 6am and our flight was leaving at 6am, so we thought, we'd miss breakfast, however at 4am when we were checking out in the lobby, we were surprised and happy to see, in the same spot the water was displayed in 2011, they had a nice tray of blueberry muffins, banana nut muffins and chocolate muffins and also had hot coffee. Our kids enjoyed a muffin each before getting on the shuttle and my husband enjoyed a cup of coffee. All in all this is a fine hotel, clean, no real complaints. I wish they would have given us a regular room and not a handicapped accessible room because like I said we do have small children and the taller toilet was an issue. But other then that, we were pleased with our stay here. Would I recommend staying here to a friend? Yes, I would.

1 Thank off2fly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
LAX Area
Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles-LAX Airport
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX? Share your experiences!