“Wonderful facility for meetings!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX
Ranked #117 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Denver, Colorado
“Wonderful facility for meetings!”
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

We just had our Board meetings at La Quinta. We had 16 rooms and we had a wonderful experience there. It was a very good price for the quality of the rooms. The food at the breakfast buffet and the catering for lunch and the snacks for breaks was good and very well presented. Luis and Angel were very helpful and took good care of us. The friendly staff at the front desk (Frankie, Alex and Elizabeth) were a great help to each of our Board members. This is a great hotel. Great option for meetings and for travelers who want an affordable good hotel close to the airport.

Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Reasonable rates, rooms are updated and include coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge and really nice Samsung HD TV including showtime Discovery Channel and 38 other great channels. Bed is super comfortable and multiple pillows (soft to firm) to choose from on bed.

Great HOT breakfast in the morning. Lots of options. Parking is $15 day and WiFi is strong!

I will be making this my normal place to stay near LAX.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I always stay at La Quintas because of their flexible pet policy. This LQ would've gotten 5 stars, but they didn't have a real good pet relief area. I had to walk my dog to the Taco Bell parking lot so my dog could go potty. Other reviews made it seem like this hotel was in the ghetto or something. I mean it's not Beverly Hills, but I've seen WORSE parts before. It's a very busy area since it's close to LAX. I never felt uncomfortable in the area. Yes they do charge 15 bucks a nite for parking but it's LA....you pay for parking everywhere! The breakfast was great, but I would suggest going early because this hotel is always packed, and the breakfast area gets crazy! Another reason I'm not giving this LQ 5 stars is because they didn't have all 3 elevators working. For a hotel this size, and this busy, they really need to have all elevators working. There were times we waited for 20 minutes for an elevator because most of the time they were full and we had to wait longer than expected. Other than that our stay was great. If you don't have a car, they do have a Mcdonald's next door, Subway is across the street and it's a 24 hour Subway too! There is also a Taco Bell in walking distance. The bed was very comfortable, and the room was clean. We stayed for a week and enjoyed it! Oh, if you have time, you have to go to the famous Randy's Donuts on Manchester! The donuts are DELICOUS! It's that famous donut joint with the HUGE donut on the rooftop. Randy's is also 24 hours. Oh before I forget, I have to say kudos to the front desk staff. They were all very friendly!

Room Tip: be sure to get a room away from the elevator! There were always people coming off the elevator very...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brazil
Reviewed April 23, 2012

The hotel needs more security. There are some homeless people entering to the hotel asking for money or food to the guests. It happened while i was waiting for the elevator.The strange guy was in it, stopping by each floor asking for money. I communicated the front desk as soon as i came out of the elevator, but they didn´t do anything about it. The room was clean, the breakfast was good.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2005lax, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to notify us regarding the difficulties you experienced during your stay. Our guest's safety, security and comfort are our top priorities. We appreciate you letting us know how we fell short in this area.
We apologize that your experience was not what you expected. Our hotel staff consistently strives to provide a service that is superior in every respect, and it is through the constructive comments of our customers that we are able to correct problems so that appropriate corrections are made. I will be addressing your security concerns personally to ensure what happened to you, does not happen in the future.
We know you have many choices for your hotel accommodations and hope you will continue to include La Quinta in your future travel plans.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2012

The room was left dirty our second night but towels were removed. We had no towels in the morning. Called front desk several times with no responce. The cochroach in the room the next morning was no surprise. Elite membership means nothing to this hotel as you do not get water when checking in and you do not get an upgrade. I was given the smallest room in the hotel when others were available. Could not open the closet door and the door to the room at the same time. Close to LAX with free shuttle and several fast food places near by. We will find another hotel on our next visit to LA.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We apologize that your experience was not what you expected from La Quinta. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations in service and accommodations, so it is with disappointment that I hear how we’ve fallen short of that goal. We value our Returns Members, as they are the spokespersons of our brand. Your comments have been shared with my team so that the appropriate changes can be made for the comfort of our future guests. We will also follow-up with our extermination company, as each room is treated regularly to ensure no unwanted pests are in our hotel.
Your satisfaction and continued trust in La Quinta are our top priorities. We hope you will not be detered from staying with La Quinta again.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2012

We got put up at this hotel during the volcanic ash cloud crisis in April 2010 and found that it was very good considering we had no choice. The hotel was clearly the busiest it had ever been, as most of its travellers probably only stay over night and struggled to feed everyone quickly (the airlines were paying for food vouchers for everyone that had to be used in the hotel). But we could not complain too much as we could see that they were unused to being full. The rooms were huge, massive king size+ beds. The free wifi was also an unexpected plus. The hotel even had a pool up on the roof of one of the floors. Not bad for an airport hotel.

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 22, 2012

I am an Elite member, stay at La Quinta all the time. I specifically moved my stay to this hotel even though there were many other similar choices in the area. So much to my surprise, this hotel charges $15 for overnight parking. This fact is not mentioned up front on travel booking websites such as Southwest, and is EXTREMELY DECEPTIVE. I don't mind paying for parking, but want to know about it so I can decide where to stay. By the way, staff offered free parking behind the nearby Holiday Inn. Way to go for staff support and loyalty. Other similar mid range chains are available in the LAX area with equal or better comfort, good breakfast, similar convenience, AND free parking. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
Holiday Inn Los Angeles International Airport
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Four Points by Sheraton Los Angeles International Airport
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites LAX? Share your experiences!