“Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Bakersfield, California
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

The room was comfortable. The on site restaurant (Andiamo) was good, if pricey--separately reviewed. I used the Hilton's park/stay/fly program, which allowed me to park my car for the duration of my trip, and say the night before I flew. This is really handy--much nicer than navigating the long term lots/shuttles. Hilton has a shuttle that runs about every 15 to 20 minutes to and from the airport. The shuttle dropped me off and picked me up right outside the correct terminal. It was on time both ways. The rooms in LA are pretty high, so be prepared for sticker shock.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank DachsiesMom
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Hello DachsiesMorn,

First, just wanted to express many compliments to you for the very creative TripAdvisor name and image you have decided on. A very unique and memorable profile so again many compliments on the creativity. In reference to your review, thank you kindly for taking time out of your schedule to provide feedback on your recent visit. It is very humbling to know your stay turned out phenomenal and know that we are truly appreciative for your kind words. Overall, glad to know your stay was incredible and hopefully you grace us with your presence again in the near future. If you do ever decide to stop by again, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as we would love the opportunity to personally put together your reservation in hopes to make this next visit a 5+ star experience. On a final note, thanks again for your kind review and hope to hear from you soon!

With compliments,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Denver, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Sadly, this beautiful Hilton will not be on my list of hotels to recommend. The staff was not rude, but not pleasant either...they were very blah. I stood in line for 15 minutes to check in and when I finally made it to the front of the line, they did not apologize nor were they helpful when it came to questions about the conference I was attending or the area we were in. Also, they were doing some remodeling ion the hotel and the staff was incredibly loud all throughout the night. Staying on/near LAX, you expect that there will be loud airport noise, so you'd hope they'd keep the hotel otherwise quiet during the late hours to compensate for that...not so much. I have to say, I was very disappointed as most of the Hiltons I visit are great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello Jami D,

Thank you for taking time to provide your genuine feedback about your recent visit. Your time and honest words are truly appreciated and very much valued so once again thank you for the kind gesture. To add a friendly response to your review, honesty is always the best policy so again thank you for your review. With any corporation, company or property, their purpose is to create products and services that increase the quality of life for all customers they serve so if an average feeling was received then the goal was completely missed. Your happiness, comfort, trust and satisfaction absolutely represents everything to us so know that the proper adjustments and enhancement are to be made. Furthermore, if you feel there is anything that can be done to make up for this recent stay, please contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as we would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to make it right. On a final note, thanks again for your genuine words and hope to hear from you sometime soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is very good, with comfortable rooms and very good breakfast! It's very fair for the price we pay!
The bathrooms could be a little bigger and I don't like the curtains on the shower. Also, in room internet was terrible the last time!

Room Tip: There are bedrooms with bigger bathrooms and walk in shower! Ask for them!
Hello MillaBuzaid,

Thank you for kindly taking a bit of time to provide feedback on your recent visit. Words such as yours allow us to measure what areas are superb and what areas need a bit more of attention so thanks again for the kind gesture. Honesty is always the best policy for anything so thanks again for your words. With any setback or challenge, a learning opportunity is presented so please know that your words have been heard and understood. Furthermore, if you ever find yourself in Los Angeles and need a place to rest, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as we would love the opportunity to personally put together your reservation in order to make this next stay a 5+ experience. Hopefully, this is sooner rather than later as we are eager to impress and 'WOW" you for this next stay. On a final note, thanks again for your honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

Somerville, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

This is right next to the airport and has an airport shuttle, which is nice. However, like most 3+ star hotels in the area, expect to be nickeled and dimed for everything. Internet is extra, parking is (expensively so) extra. Want to print anything besides a boarding pass? Extra!

Speaking of parking, you should know there is a lot right next door that offers self-parking for half the price (It's the next building down the road)

The lobby looks great, and so do the rooms, but the bathrooms show the hotel's age. They are pretty basic looking, which in itself is alright, but the grout was greying in the corners.

Sleep Quality: I'm a very light sleeper, so this is the most important aspect of a hotel stay for me. We were in one of the corner rooms, so we didn't hear other people at all. It is right next to the airport, so expect to hear the low grumble of airplanes before midnight and after 6am (not too bad. I think it only woke me up once.) What I found more annoying than the planes was the bright green LED on the smoke alarm right over the bed. It cast an eerie glow over the area that probably kept me from falling asleep again after the plane woke me up.

All in all, I'd recommend this place if you look like you're paying lesser than other options in the area. If it's not competitively priced, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Higher rooms probably have nicer rooms, but the ones near the ends are less prone to banging doors a...
Hello Aamir M,

Thank you kindly for taking a few minutes of your time to provide feedback on your recent visit. Your honest words are always very much appreciated and valued so many thanks one again for your kind gesture. As well, thanks for the compliments about the superb lobby, quality of rooms, and convenient shuttle provided to you as it is always humbling to hear kind words. In addition, a very special thanks for pointing areas in which need improvement. By having a teachable and open mentality, please know that the proper adjustments will be made as your happiness and satisfaction means everything to us. A belief to always be better tomorrow than we are today is the vision for us so please rest assure that your concerns will be properly confronted and hopefully you get the opportunity to notice the superb improvements on your next stay. If you do ever decide to stop by again, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as you can advise me of ways we can make it up to you for this previous stay as well advise me of any special accommodations you would like see be made on our end. A hopeful 5+ star stay is what is aimed for so let's hope this opportunity to "WOW" you comes soon. Finally and once more, thanks for your honest in your review and hope you are having a phenomenal day!

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

Polished, professional staff.
Free shuttle running to an from te airport 24 hours.
Clean rooms - though I did find a long, back hair in the sink :)

I have short red so I know it wasn't mine.
Lucky my wife didn't show up. There would have been a lot of explaining to be done. lol

I just stayed there one night breaking up a trip from Toronto to San Diego.

I get the feling most folks were in the same situaton.

At some Hiltons you get free Wifi i you are a Hitlon Honours Members. Here only if you are a Gold Member. A minor annoyance.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool side room for a view. I just slept there so I didn't care about the view as it w...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hello Bodyandseoul,

Thank you kindly for taking some time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Your honest words are genuinely appreciated and valued so once again thank you for the kind gesture. On a side note, good to hear the wife was elsewhere when the hair was found as a spirited debate being created is never a good thing. As well, your sense of humor and incredible attitude towards the situation is honestly appreciated so thank you for your approach towards this situation. Please know that Housekeeping will kindly be made aware of this as these types of mishaps are to never happen. Sincerely, sorry for the incident and if you think of a way we can make it up to you please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com. To add another kind word about your feedback, thanks for your overall review as feedback is always welcomed whether it's positive or challenging. For the areas that presented a bit of a challenge to you, please know that your words have been heard and understood as guest satisfaction truly means everything. Furthermore, thanks again for your kind review and hope to see you at Hilton LAX again soon!

Carlsbad, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

We enjoy our Hilton stays, and have stayed at many around the world. Obviously, some are better than others, but overall they provide services and amenities that we enjoy and keep coming back too. This Hilton is the exception. We will never stay here again. Upon checking in, we were upgraded to an executive room. Nice, but that is the norm for being a diamond member. Our room was on the 15th floor. After getting off the elevator with broken buttons and lights, going to our room in the wing with plastic tarps covering the floors was far from welcoming. The room itself was a nice sized room, but some of that space could have been used to make the bathroom a little larger. Not only is the bathroom teeny tiny, it was dated and falling apart. Upon taking a shower, the whole heavy shower knob fell off and crashed to the tub. Had that dropped on my foot, it would have definitely caused some major pain. The one positive thing is, as soon as we complained, they came and fixed it. Being close to the airport, we had no major problems with the sound of planes arriving and departing. You can hear them but it's not very bad. What made more noise was the sound of the window and metal frames heating up in morning sun. The popping and snapping was far more disturbing than any plane noise. So if you are a light sleeper, and for some reason chose to stay here, be sure to get a room that doesn't face east. Parking at the hotel is cramped and costs $27 per day. Spendy, but expected near the airport. Internet was free for us, but if not an Honors member be prepared to pay for that as well. The most bothersome part of this hotel is its executive lounge. For such a large hotel it is very small and the services we are accustomed to are non existent. Although there is the usual free breakfast, the contents are dismal. Cereal, muffins and sugary yogurts. The only healthy thing was a bowl of fruit.. That is it. Unlike other Hilton's, if you wanted to go downstairs for breakfast, you had to pay. Discounted by half, but still had to pay. We have never experienced that in any of the Hilton's we have stayed in. Also, with the lounge being so small, there was no place to sit and have our cup of coffee. I perched on a window ledge while my husband stood. Some good morning that is to start your day. Despite this pathetic start to our day, we were optimistic that perhaps they would make up for this at the usual lounge cocktail hour. Wrong!! Not only was it over crowded with no where to sit, (not even a window ledge) but you had to pay for your drinks. We have never experienced this. Sure, if you wanted a beer or wine during off hours paying is understood, but never during the cocktail hour! Sodas and water were free, but $12 for a glass of wine??? Obviously we were not the only ones put off by this for we heard numerous complaints from others regarding the same issue. The saddest part was all the hassle the sweet woman bartender had to put up with due to this. No employee deserves all those complaints due to hotel management being so cheap. We graciously thanked her for her smile and service, paid for our over priced wines and left. We both commented on how much nicer our gracious stay at the Embassy Suites ( a Hilton partner) in Palmdale, CA (of all places) was far more superior. Perhaps hotel management doesn't care since this hotel is mostly a one night stop for LAX travelers, but being locals who travel in and out of LAX frequently, we can definitely say we will never stay here again and will share our story with fellow business partners and friends. While this will not deter us from staying at Hilton's in the future, we will definitely do more homework and review reading prior to booking.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Snormy1
Hello Snormy1,

Thank you kindly for taking some time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Your time and honest words are truly valued, heard, and very much appreciated so once again many thanks for the nice gesture. It is always nice and easy to hear the positives about anything, but the challenging words are the the stuff we truly appreciate hearing. Thank you for doing us this favor. For any company or corporation, their true purpose is to create products and services which increase the quality of life for all customers they serve so if this feeling was missed then a serious measurement of where we are needs to be made. With expectations to constantly improve and be better tomorrow than we are today, please know that enhancements will be made and again thank you for your honest words. Furthermore, if you would like to provide me more personal feedback, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as you can reach me whenever you would like to. As well, if you feel there is something that can be done to make up for your recent experience, please feel free to contact me as well. On a final note, thank you again for your honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

Alpine, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

This was the best most comfortable bed--I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud. I could hear a few planes, but not too bad. Free airport shuttle. Everything I would expect out of the Hilton and after a loooong day of travel, such a treat. Very clean, nicely appointed rooms.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Hello Blue_skies42,

Thank you for the kind review you've taken the time to write about your recent visit. As always, your words are genuinely appreciated and very much valued so once again thank you from all of us here at Hilton LAX. To add another friendly word, it is phenomenal to know that the comfortable bed provided you with the unique experience as you describe of "sleeping on a cloud". Your comfort, happiness, and satisfaction truly means everything to us so to hear your stay turned out pleasant is very humbling to hear. Moving forward, if you ever find yourself in Los Angeles again and need a place to rest, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as you can count on me to personally assist you with your reservation in order to provide you with another 5 star experience. On a final, thanks again for your kind review and hope to hear from you soon!