“Good Value”

Ranked #81 of 351 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reno, Nevada
“Good Value”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We got a nice night's rest before continuing our flight home. The lobby was a bit of a zoo but the room was large, clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable. The shuttle to and from the airport is free and runs frequently. Every employee we encountered was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deb W
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Hi Deb W,

Greetings from Hilton Los Angeles Airport! Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We are thrilled to know that, even though we were experiencing a high volume of guests in our lobby, you were able to enjoy our property at it's fullest. Please come see us again soon.

Assistant to the Director of Rooms I Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Dallas
Reviewed January 22, 2014

Everything about this stay went wrong, and it was not the fault of the physical facilities, but that of the management and staff. Lost an important article, and their security shrugged. While checking out, desk clerk threw away my parking stub and then blamed me for him doing it. Considering that I am the highest level elite in their frequent guest program, one would think they would try a little harder. Never again--I'll stay at the Marriott next door and avoid this hotel's monumentally incompetent management. Upon check-in, they informed me that the hotel would not have water for at least four hours, and when I asked them why they didn't bother letting me know until after they swiped my card, they just stared at me blankly like they had no coherent, cogent or comprehensible response.

Room Tip: Choose the Marriot or another hotel. This Hilton is not up to any standards.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DGfromDallas
Dear DGfromDallas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with our property. I thank you for bringing this to our attention, and hope to be of service. I kindly ask that you contact me personally, so I may assist you in any way possible. First, please provide me with the details of your booking so I may address your missing item. Upon your response, I will have our Lost and Found team investigate further.

I am deeply sorry to hear of the negative impression our front desk team has left with you. I assure you, we do not take comments like this lightly. In your response, please provide me with a physical description of the team members you've encountered so we may address this concern directly.

I look forward to hearing from you so I may help you locate your item as well as discuss your concerns further.

Punta del Este, Uruguay
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Clearly the women behind the counter thought she was pretty special bearing in mind the way she spoke to me and generally conducted herself. It took two members of staff, 25 minutes to find my booking even though I the called hotel to confirm my booking only 24 hrs before, and they could find it, no problem. It didnt end there. Then they swiped my card to charge another room, then charged me again for my stay, even though Id paid in full months prior. no "sorry sir". She was more interested in how she looked and how her nails looked.

Ive been trying to complain direct to the Hilton Hotel group.Its impossible. The Hitlon Hotel customer service centres dont understand the word "senior, management, writting, complaint, email" They do understand poor service.

Im still waiting for a point of connect

Room Tip: Dont book this hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank R D
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Rick D,

Thank you for taking the time to share this experience with us. I deeply regret to learn of this incident, as it is not representative of the Hilton standard. Please accept my apologies for the encounter you've described in your review, as well as the difficulties you've faced in resolving this concern. In order to better address this incident, please contact me directly. I assure you I will personally look into this matter and assist you in any way possible. I kindly ask that you provide me with details on your booking, as well as an approximate time of conversation and physical description of the Team member you've mentioned.

Again, I offer my most sincere apologies for the negative impression this has left you with. I look forward to your reply so I may investigate and address this as soon as possible. Please contact me, as I am at your service.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2014

Pros - great, friendly checkin. We arrived in the morning and were able to check in. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, was given access to the Executive Lounge - smallish but decent. Great bed and linens. Convenient shuttle to terminals.

Cons - Small, tiny bathroom - only one person can fit at a time. Given the size of the room, they could have taken some of the room to make the bathroom larger. Very low sink - needed to bend over to use it (and I am not that tall). Also, has a bathtub, not a walk in shower - meaning you have to step over the tub side to get in and out - which I don't like.

The biggest issue is that the doors to the room slam when being shut - and this being an airport hotel, people come and go at all hours. Any conversations in the hallway sounded as if they were in the room with us. Disappointing that they cannot figure out a way to make the rooms more soundproof from the hall. If they could do something about this, then it would be rated a 4+ by me.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Hello Chicago Flyer,

Thank you kindly for doing us the favor of providing feedback on your recent visit. Your words are truly valued, heard, understood and very much respected so once again many thanks for doing us the kind favor. To add a friendly word to your response, many thanks for mentioning the pros, but many more thanks for mentioning the cons. It is always simple to hear the praise, but the challenging is truly what will help us make your experience a more pleasant one. With any company or corporation, their purpose is to create products and services which increase the quality of life for people they service so if the goal was missed please accept our sincerest apologies. With having an open and teachable mentality, please know that your words have been understood and the lesson has been learned. A sense of urgency to always be better tomorrow than we are today is expressed so please know that the appropriate enhancements will be made. On another note, if you feel there is anything that can be done to make up for this recent experience, please feel free to contact me via Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com as we genuinely would appreciate and cherish the opportunity to make it right. Hopefully, this is sooner rather than later as we are looking forward to providing with a hopeful 5+ star experience for this upcoming visit. On a final note, thanks again for your kind gesture of providing us feedback about your recent experience and truly hope that you are having a phenomenal day!

With compliments,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Love this hotel! They are the reason I became a Hilton Honors member.. rooms are very nice and clean! the maids are super nice as well as the staff at the front desk.. Nice location ( super close to airport ).. And they have great room service:)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Lauren L
Dear Lauren L,

We are very pleased with your review! Thank you for highlighting one of the many reasons to join our Hhonors program. Here at Hilton LAX, we value our kind staff, clean rooms, and convenient location. It is great to know you had a good stay!

Billings, Montana
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Very nice room and overall hotel, but the room faced the airport and was outrageously loud. No sleep because we heard every plane take off and land. We were on the 15th floor and could actually feel the big jets as they took off.

Room Tip: There were other good hotels in the area, but they were more expensive. Later in the trip we spent...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ulices H, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello Dan_D_12719,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your honest feedback on your recent visit. Your honest words are truly appreciated and very much valued. As well, thanks for the kind words regarding the overall setting of the hotel and the quality of the rooms. A daily effort to provide every single guest with a quality room and memorable experience is hoped for so glad to hear a notice of this was seen on your end. To add about the location of your room, you are absolutely right, the location of the room will make the noise either be minimal or a bit loud. It simply depends on the type of view requested so please forgive the honest mistake and hopefully you can find it in your heart to give us another opportunity as we promise the next visit will be much better. If you do decide to give us another visit, please feel free to contact me at Ulices.Hernandez@Hilton.com so we can go over the specifics to make this stay a very memorable one. Finally and once more, many thanks for the honest feedback and hope to hear from you soon!

With compliments,
Leanordtown, MD
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Stayed here for the first time. I usually stay at either one of the two Embassy Suites, the Marriott, or the Renaissance when I need to stay near LAX. This place was OK, but all of those places are better. It is a large hotel with a large parking garage. They have a line at the front desk pretty much 100% of the time. They have an executive lounge for gold members and up, but I have been to better at Hilton properties. Breakfast is a continental breakfast. Pastries/breads, fruit, hard boiled eggs, and yogurt. Most Hilton’s give you a hot breakfast. Exec lounge reception in evening is pretty standard with hot hors d'oeuvre, but they make you ask the bartender, even for a bottle of water. Half the time the bartending is cleaning up plates, etc. and you must wait a while. Not his fault. If they put a fridge out with soft drinks and water, it would be much better.
Room was OK, not great. No fridge. Flat screen TV. Bed OK, not great.
Although the hotel is OK, you can do better at the other properties I mentioned and they are all within a block. If you can’t get in one of those other places, than this is fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business