“Kudos to Ricardo Catabug and staff!”

Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #94 of 354 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I am a regular at LAX Hilton, and have previously written a very positive review about its convenience, style, amenities, and service. However I wanted to especially recognize the truly exceptional professionalism and dedication of the staff--in particular Mr. Ricardo Catabug who is the HHonors/Towers Supervisor. Over the years Ricardo has gone above and beyond any and all expectations I could possibly have as a frequent traveler (I'm also a 1K on United Airlines). There are just so many examples I really don't know where to start. The wonderful welcome, accomodations, and willingness to attend to "the little things"--which for me are actually really important. Here's one small example: Not too long ago a decision was made to eliminate the hard boiled eggs from the Executive Lounge during breakfast, leaving only pretty much sugar and carbohydrates (the dreaded "continental breakfast"). I expressed my displeasure about this to Ricardo (along with others) and voila! They are back--and this time peeled so better than before! OK that's REALLY great service. There are many other examples like this. In closing I just want to give a shout out to all the wonderful staff at LAX Hilton, especially Ricardo, Tim Gilmour, and "Rocky" (restaurant).

Room Tip: Request a room on the north side away from the airport runway.
2  Thank DrJRG1
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

DrJRG1, Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words on our staff, particularly Ricardo. We will be sure to share this with our management team! Ricardo is truly an asset at our property, and we are glad that he stood out to you.

Thank you again!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

This Hilton is a great LAX choice.It is a beautifully appointed and laid out hotel with all the amenities and services you'd expect from a top tier Hilton.This Hilton has some exceptional and dedicated personnel which reflects good upper management.I recently had a problem with my room and was quickly helped by front office pro Chriss Draper .They also have an excellent bar and light meal bistro serving made to order,very good pizzas.Nice pool too!

Room Tip: Airport runway views on top floors add a dimension..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Frank_king99! We are thrilled to hear that Criss was able to assist you. Rest assured, our management team has been made aware of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stay here 4 to 5 times a year and am always happy with it. It is an airport hotel but consistently has met my needs after a arriving jet lagged and in need of a good night's sleep.
Very close to the airport and within walking distance of the main car renal centres.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Hello R P,

We are glad to know you enjoy our property! We hope to see you on your 6th or 7th visit!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Charged for everything, but overall the hotel itself is really good. The staff was really nice and very accomendating. Parking is always an issue in LA, and overall it was good, but expensive and not known there are options.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hi Charles G, and thank you for taking the time to tell others about our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. See you soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Ideal location for quick trips into LAX and a very comfortable and inviting hotel for longer stays. Recently renovated. Walking distance to some of the rental car agencies that serve LAX, like Thrifty. The front desk always appears busy but serves you very quickly and cheerfully. The kind of hotel you don't want to leave.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hi Steve O! We appreciate your review! Thank you for sharing your experience at our property. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great lobby. Clean and fresh. Bright and chic. Great front desk, security and shuttle van service. Executive lounge is the 16th floor, which is the top floor. That entire floor is an all-suites floor. I stayed in a great room. My A/C unit was a little creaky and I thought the noise would keep me up but it didn't. The bed is so comfortable you sink right in and stay sleep all night. You can see planes either taking off or landing and hear them slightly but it did not interrupt my sleep. The Executive Lounge has a cash bar during reception hours. I’ve stayed at this hotel more than once and I hear people grumble about it but not too much. They probably should give a ticket at check in for one complimentary glass of wine or beer. I left something on the guest bathroom in my room and security checked the room twice until they found it. They really had to look because although I knew I left it somewhere in the room, I had no idea it was on the bathrobe. I thought it was on the night stand and just knocked over. They mailed it to my home and I got the package within two days (from West coast to the East coast). The front desk is very helpful about finding room upgrades if it’s available. I paid under $200 for the room which I was VERY happy about. I was only there for one night so I didn’t utilize any of the property features (gym, restaurant, business center, etc). Great lobby, front desk, security and shuttle. Executive lounge (16th floor top floor) is an all-suites floor. A/C unit a little creaky and I thought the noise would keep me up but it didn't. The bed is so comfy you sink right in and stay sleep all night. You can see and hear planes slightly but it was no bother.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jasmine W, Manager at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi April B! Thank you for your kind posting! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The hotel was average but I felt like they make you pay for a luxury hotel experience without giving you the quality you pay for. The air in our room only cooled half of the room, elevators were broken and in need of maintenance. No refrigerator or microwave. Breakfast was extremely expensive for the quality of food they offer. If you're here for only 1-2 nights, the accomodations are adequate. If you're here for longer than 2 nights, find some place else more comfortable to stay.

Elaine K,

Having previously responding to your comments via your customer service email, I appreciate you taking the time to also reach out to us on Trip Advisor. I have already emailed you regarding your comments, and I look forward to receiving your response. Please let me know if there is anything further that I may be of assistance to, as I am at your service.