“Close to airport”

Ranked #81 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Malmo, Sweden
“Close to airport”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We needed a room for the night close to airport and that is what we got. Car parking under hotel was not included and was pricey (27 $). Comfortable room and very nice bed but we heard the airplanes all night. No wifi in room.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank kubbist

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I like:

- The pool area. 4 hot tubs and a decent size pool are available
- The bed was nice and fluffy. This is consistent with what I have come to expect in the many Hilton brands I have used
- The cleanliness.
- That they had a crib for our baby free of charge
- That they extended our stay by one day without getting us to switch rooms

I didn't like:

- That they put us in a smoking room without asking us if it was okay.

- That they put us in a section of the hotel where some seriously loud construction was going on. I really think when they have that kind of work going on, they should shut down the affected area of the hotel until it's done. After switching from the smoking room, we had to switch again from the jack hammering to a better room

- That parking was $27 a day. I know this is not their fault. This is LA but I still don't like it.

- The location was great for people who need to be close to the airport but I wouldn't recommend that vacationers stay in this part of LA. There wasn't much within walking distance.

- Hotels really need a different way to make money other than charging for WIFI. It makes no sense. It's 2013. Hotels should have free WIFI. Seriously. I am ready to organize an activist organization. I have a name for it already. TFFW. Travelers For Free WIFI.

In general, it was okay. It's probably great for people who need to be close to LAX but other than that, it's just OK.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Mexico City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I only stayed one night waiting for my next flight in the morning.
Hotel has everything you need .free shuttle from and to the aiport. good size rooms and a heated pool with some jacuzzi.
My room with a nice veiw of the Lax airport, clean and a comfy bed to rest some hours untill your next flight.
I recommend this hotel, good and short way to the airport,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed at this Hilton Hotel for the convenience and proximity to LAX airport. I was more than happy to stay in a room so close to such a busy airport as heard No planes and got a great nights sleep. The washers and dryers in the Laundry ( on Level 4) are cheap, $2.00 a load and they have a 'notes to quarters' change machine for your convenience. The tour concierge was very helpful and I managed to book 2 great tours. The other bonus was having the Manhattan Beach Shuttle bus stop ( Ocean Shuttle) just out the front and you could use the ticket all day for $5.00. A little confusing having to buy the ticket from the valet parking machine but I managed to work it out eventually. Manhattan Beach and the shopping Malls will not disappoint. There is a Starbucks in the foyer and an Italian Restaurant called Andiamos, Bellisimo!
One down side was the free wifi in the foyer only. It had a lot of sofas and chairs but it was a busy hub and the wifi very slow. The business centre was great but costly, about $20.00 US for 30 mins to use the internet. I would definatly stay here again!

Room Tip: I was on level 9 and it had a great view clear to the airport so could see, but not hear the planes...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Auckland, New Zealand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in USA after a 21 day trip through USA, Mexico and Cost Rica.
Out of our entire trip, this is 1 of the very few hotels I wouldn't return to. We really didn't have a comfortable or restful stay. I am not one to complain and if you read my other reviews you will see that I am always very positive. But this hotel fell well short of my expectations and despite the name - Hilton- the stay didn't compare to others.
The hotel is large and VERY busy. Because it's an airport hub it is busy with people coming and going at ALL hours. People are not considerate either and you hear door banging and slamming and people up and down the corridors all times of the night.
We checked in at 1am after arriving in from Costa Rica and only had less than 24 hours before starting a 30 hour journey home to New Zealand. We wanted to get some rest and feel refreshed for our trip home. It was not to be.
I asked for an extra late check out seeing as we were only checking in, in the early hours of the morning on the day we were set to check out. The best they could do was a 2pm check out which was ok, fair enough so we happily accepted that.
We finally got into bed around 2am and prepared to sleep in as was our last night in a bed before 30 hours traveling to come. Well we were woken up from 8am by housekeeping bursting into our room! I couldn't believe it. I would have thought the hotel should have a database system where they could see the status of each room, which needed cleaning and assign them to the housekeeping staff appropriately. We were checking out later that day - They should only come to clean your room once you have actually checked out! I have worked in hotels before and this is normally how it works. I kindly refused service and slumped back down into bed...... only to be disturbed AGAIN 20 mins later by another housekeeping attendant. I had thought they should have marked this on their list after the 1st occasion and left us in peace!! I desperately slammed the "do not disturb" sign on the door (my fault for not putting it on before we went to bed that night - but I thought the Hilton's systems would have been more organised) hopped back into bed. But the loud talking, door slamming and housekeepers calling out to each other up and down the corridor outside our room made it impossible to sleep and we got up, packed up and went down to check out after only maximum 7 hours in our room. Did I mention there was no mini-bar, or bottled water in our room so we were getting a little dehydrated!
So we now had another 12 hours or more to kill before we were due back at the airport. We stored our bags with luggage service and hired a car from the Hertz rental desk in reception - which was quite handy.
On returning back from our day out we assumed there would be a public bathroom for guests which would have a shower we could use to freshen up before we got on the shuttle back to the airport. No - no such luck. I asked for a bathroom with a shower, no, the gym = No, the pool = no. So now we had no way of refreshing and preparing for our journey. We had to change clothes and wash up in the foyer bathroom - that was about it. For what we paid for the room I would have expected better.
Summing up sleep quality was terrible, guest facilities not that great once you don't have a room key. It's all about numbers here there is nothing personalised about it.
I can recommend a MUCH more quaint, relaxed, quiet, personalised stay at the Double Tree (by Hilton) El Segundo. That's where we stayed in LAX when arriving into the States and really enjoyed it. While it's not flash or luxurious, which we were expecting for this Hilton and it didn't deliver - it was a much more pleasant stay and fantastic sleep quality with delicious comfortable beds, free car parking, free wifi, free cookie on arrival, free airport shuttle.

Room Tip: USE the "do not disturb" sign until you leave in the morning. Housekeepers just come on in...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Amber Y
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

We choose the Hilton at LAX as we arrived from England in the evening and wanted somewhere close to the airport. We booked the Hilton when they were offering money off their rooms, so we got a good deal. Rooms were spacious, clean and met our needs. The bed was large and comfertable and the TV had a range of channels to entertain us when we were jet lagged. You could also catch a bus for $1 per person to Santa Monica beach which is exactly what we wanted. I would recommend this to anyone wanting a hotel close to LAX.

• Stayed August 2013
Woodbridge, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Hilton LAX is geographically close to the airport, and offers a free shuttle airport shuttle bus. The "free" shuttle, however, comes with a price: your time.

Our flight from Washington, DC landed around 1:15 AM (A VERY busy time @ LAX) and once we retrieved our bags, the wait for the shuttle was at least 35 minutes. Once on the bus, it was another 10 minutes to the hotel, and a 15 minute wait to check in.

The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable, but the facility in general is outdated. Additionally, we did not receive any benefits or recognition for our Hilton Gold status.

If you are a plane enthusiast, ask for a room overlooking the runway. If you want to sleep, ask for a room as far away from the runway as possible. While we enjoy planespotting, getting a good night's sleep is more important; and the planes run ALL NIGHT LONG. It was very difficult for us to sleep, however we cannot fault the hotel, as it was our request to have a room overlooking the runway.

Overall a very bland Hilton experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as far away from the runway as possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple