“Good amenities, terrible staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Los Angeles Airport

Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Ranked #82 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Cupertino, United States
“Good amenities, terrible staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Check-in staff was terrible. Not sure about their grasp of basic English. I had asked for a room far away from elevator during reservation; asked during check-in if this is the case. She said she has. Went up to find the room right next to the elevator. Had to come down, complain to the manager to get a different room!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Shankar M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (671)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Our trip to L.A. was off to a good start. My boyfriend and I were happy to find a complimentary shuttle to take us from the airport to the hotel. They were prompt, courteous, and it wasn’t too long of a ride back to the hotel. After checking in we were off to our room. I would describe it as a typical airport hotel room: run-down and basic furnishings but clean.
We were ready right away to head out and I had read on the hotel’s website that Manhattan Beach was 1.0 miles away. (On the website go to “THINGS TO DO” on the left-hand side of the page, then click on “View” under “Entertainment and Attractions”, finally scroll down to Manhattan Beach distance). Being from the city where we were used to walking, a 1.0 mile walk was nothing and we wanted to enjoy the beautiful sunny weather. We mapped it out on our phone and found that 1.0 miles away was a complete lie, as it came up as at least 5 miles away! Did the ocean somehow move in the time the hotel was built?
Perplexed, we questioned the concierge how far away the beach was. She didn’t know but directed us to buy tickets for a trolley to get to our destination. That was a whole other experience. We stood in line at the valet station, got tickets that required us to then go back inside the hotel to scan them at a machine ourselves to get vouchers, then stand back in the valet line to get the actual tickets. Oh and they had no printed schedules for the trolley. Luckily the valet attendant was knowledgeable and pointed us in the direction of the trolley stop which was just a few minutes walk from the hotel and he gave us a general sense of the trolley schedule.
The trolley, called the Ocean Express, overall is a great way to get to the beach and cheap. Manhattan Beach is a beautiful must see. If you walk down the pier they have a little aquarium inside and the restaurants /shops surrounding the area are cute. I’d suggest grabbing something to go for lunch or dinner and heading down to eat on the beach. For dessert check out Manhattan Beach Creamery for some delicious treats.
Besides the beach not being as convenient as they claim it is, the hotel location was as I said before convenient to the airport and also since we didn’t drive while we were there because who wants to drive in L.A. traffic, it was convenient when we took a bus tour which I highly recommend. Rastabus is a fun way to not only see the sights but to get out and experience them as you get time at each stop from Rodeo Drive to Santa Monica pier to Griffith observatory and they will pick you up and drop you off right at the hotel.
Overall, for the couple of days we were in L.A. this hotel sufficed but it’s nothing to write home about.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica P
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night between flights and as my title states it served it's purpose.

There was a problem at check in. Agent said I had 2 reservations. One made by me and the other on hotwire which I prepaid. I checked in around 7pm and agent said. it was after the cancellation deadline and would be charged for the other room. I had my cancellation number for the reservation I made but he said it was invalid.

The other issue I had was in the batheoom. No tub mats for inside the tub. I did slip in the tub and banged my head. Luckily I was not hurt. You should really put a mat for the tub. Very dangerous

Overall, served it's purpose. Won't be my first choice of hotrels in LA but would be willing to give it a second chance if I had to.

• Stayed April 2013
Red Deer
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

We selected this property because we had an early morning flight out of LAX. When we arrived, I was going to drop off our rental car, so I needed to leave the vehicle out front while we checked in and got the rest of the familly settled. The attendant was friendly and helpful. Check in was efficient, though they neglected to tell me we had received the upgraded "lanai" room that opens to the pool area. The family was very happy with this turn of events and we enjoyed the pool area very much. The room and beds were cozy for a family of 4, but it was fine for one night. My only complaint was that they didn't tell me about the room upgrade (an extra $11), but the rate was very reasonable to begin with. The shuttle service in the morning was excellent. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Lanai rooms are a nice choice for families with kids who like to swim.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

The hotel has recently been refurbished, my room was updated and very comfortable. Very convenient to the airport. The staff were very friendly and helpful. My room was facing one of the runways but the noise was minimal.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

Located close to LAX Airport with a regular shuttle bus service operating every 20mins. Hotel is grand has everything you need for an airport stop over and more. Reception staff are friendly and efficient. Coffee shop open 24/7 (Starbucks) where you can buy snacks, sandwiches, pizza etc. Sports bar and adjoining area is great for relaxing with a reasonable bar menu. Breakfast has a choice from the menu or a comprehensive buffet. Rooms are very comfortable, spacious and well appointed with King Size bed, Wide screen TV, Wi-Fi, and good size bathrooms. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi is worth a visit if you have an hour or two to chill. I’ve stayed here several times and it’s my hotel of choice.

Room Tip: High room with an airport view if you like aeroplanes!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Great hotel with the friendliest staff you can find. It is perfect for me when I need to stay around the airport. The facilities are perfect, the staff is great and the accommodations are excellent. I will definitely use this hotel again. In fact, I use it once a week for 1 or 2 nights

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts