“Nice Stay”

Ranked #81 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
Clayton, NC
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently stayed at the Hilton while in LA for business and was pleased.

The rate was pretty good for LA.

The hotel was in nice shape and spotlessly clean. My room was nice sized, my bed was comfortable and had all of the amenities that I needed.

They have an airport shuttle that is free and runs every 15 minutes 24X7. I found it to be extremely convenient.

The staff was friendly and helpful. We had a light dinner and drinks at "Landings" bar (sports bar) and thought it was a bit pricey but pretty good. Our server steered us away from the lobster tacos which she described as the entree that gets sent back to the kitchen the most often.

My only complaint is that wireless internet access is $12 per night. C'mon Hilton, Motel Six can work free internet service into their pricing model, why can't you?

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (677)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was close to LAX and was a nice hotel especially for the price. I would recommend staying here it has everything you need. The foyer is really nice too which always leaves a good impression when you arrive and leave.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hi Nelly S,

Thanks so much for the nice review! If there's anything we can do to earn a perfect score next time, please let me know. See you next time!

Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is the first time we opted to stay on the Executive Floor, and the extra few dollars were well worth it. The room was great, the breakfast in the Executive Floor lounge was very good, the evening appetizers, fruit and vegetable selection was very good, as were the fresh baked cookies. I should also add that the coffee served was very good.

Beds in room were extremely comfortable, and rooms were well furnished. Rooms are quiet as far as Airplane noise.

Hilton offers special parking rates for people staying at the hotel, and some fantastic weekend rates, so check them out. If you are a Gold or Platinum member, they offer free internet, and they also provide bottled water in the room.

This is a second stay at the LAX Hilton, and first on Executive Floor. They are one of our favorite Airport Hotels, and we have found their rates the best in the area for a brand name higher end Hotel. Nice Gym, nice pool, descent restaurants (not inexpensive), but overhaul a great experience.

The Staff at the Los Angeles Airport Hilton continues to go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Check in was fast, and bags were quickly delivered to room. Check out was also fast.

If you have any concerns during your stay simply have a question ask for Ricardo Catubig at the Front Desk and tell him "Big Daddy G." sent you.

Room Tip: Rooms away from Elevator with view of Airport Runway seem to offer nice view.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Critics_Critic
Cool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This is part of a continuing series of my impressions and experiences staying at various hotels and resorts while traveling to attend concerts worldwide. This review is for Hilton Los Angeles Airport.

Property: Hilton Los Angeles Airport
Location: Los Angeles, California
Address: 5711 West Century Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90045
Phone: (855) 271-3621
Website: www.hilton.com
Room Type/Class: Upgraded to Corner Room
Date: February 1-2, 2013
Booking Source: Direct on Hilton.com
Overall Rating: 3.5/5 [Note: Score is totally subjective based on price, location, and comparison to "like" properties within same area and price range]

I choose this hotel as I would be departing from LAX in the morning, and it is fairly close to the airport.

The property offers self-parking, which is always a nice option at any hotel. It is accessible via a side alley and underground, beneath the hotel. They charge $27 per night (valet is $36 per night).

There was a fairly long line for check-in, and I noticed that the non-Hilton Honors line was actually shorter than the HHonors line. Finally when I was the next person in line, though there were five employees behind the desk, none offered to help and all eventually left the area with just one front desk person left. I was eventually helped and given a room key.

When I went up to the room, I found that the room I was assigned was actually being cleaned, door propped open and linen all over the floor, but no housekeeper.

I went back down to get another room, and though I didn't really complain about it (I was actually in a hurry to just check in and leave), the front desk person apologized and assigned me to a room "twice as big" and a corner room.

The room was very large, with a great view of part of the airport. Everything was up to Hilton standards, and the room included a desk, dresser, flat panel TV, coffee maker, and large closet with electronic safe.

The room had good sound isolation (even being close to LAX) and was very quiet and the bed was comfortable.

The hotel itself is definitely geared toward conferences and the like, with many conference rooms and what not.

Once checked in and assigned the room, everything went smooth and my short stay was otherwise uneventful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here when we arrived in LA for one night. The hotel was just what you would expect for a Hilton, good sized rooms, good amenities, comfy bed etc.
Breakfast was delicious, lots of choice.
Concierge was really helpful - gave us good advise on getting to the car rentals, looked after our bags while we went on a tour for the day.
Very close to the airport, but wasn't disturbed by the noise.
I also got a cake and a card for my birthday which was a really nice touch!
We stayed again when we arrived back from Vegas - consistent quality.
Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi mamacoupe,

Thanks for the great review and perfect score! I hope we'll see you again next time you're in the area. Let me know if there's anything at all I can help you with. Take care.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Overnighting before an early flight to NYC, a terrific hotel. Had to return my rental car - the Dollar Car Rental shuttle wasn't allowed to drop me back at the hotel, but it was only a 10 minute brisk walk - no problem. Left my power converter in the bathroom and would have appreciated if the hotel had emailed me and offered to send it on, but that was probably asking a bit too much.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank epsc007
Hi epsc,

Thanks so much for the perfect score! Glad you liked the hotel. If you contact me or call the hotel at (310) 410-4000, we may still be able to locate your missing item. Thanks again.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

From the time we arrived until we left we received excellent treatment.
Excellent value for money.
We arrived several hours early and did not expect,but were grateful for,an early check-in.
Excellent breakfast.
Great team effort,undoubtedly driven from the top...........good news is that it has filtered all the way down the establishment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank drdog1
HiltonLAX, Guest Experiences at Hilton Los Angeles Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi drdog1,

Thanks so much for the great review and perfect score! We try to check guests in as early as rooms are available, so I'm glad you didn't have to wait. Hope you'll see us again soon! Let me know if there's anything I can do for you.