This hotel is dated. Everything about it seems to scream for renovation. The room was comfortable, but loud, even at the very end of the hallway. I could hear every door open and close. Every footstep. I even had to change rooms twice because the HVAC systems didn't work properly in the first two. The fitness area is ok. Decent machines, but it's in a dank basement area with no natural light and just isn't set up properly. One pet peeve of mine is those little cone shaped cups at the water cooler. Yup, they had them. Leads to lots of waste because you can't reuse them and you can never get enough water. The restaurant food was mediocre at best. Imagine every catered meal you've had a restaurant convention and average them out quality-wise. That's pretty much what it was like.
- Bathroom was crazy small. Had to close the door to use the toilet. All of the fixtures were very old and functioned moderately. Hot water never showed up. I got its luke warm counter part. I waited 10 minutes for it to change and then just had to get on with it. Didn't have time for engineering to come look or change rooms yet again.
- Room was on the smallish side, but there was enough room to work at the desk without being cramped. No sitting area though.
- most staff were only moderately helpful. Many didn't seem to know good answers to basic questions, like how long does the shuttle take to get to the airport. In case you are wondering, about 15 minutes.
On the plus side, I got a great deal on the room. About $125 and the bed was reasonably comfortable and I would have slept well if it was more quiet. The desk space was adequate.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set just a quarter of a mile away from the Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) and featuring a complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport, the Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel in California is ideally situated for travelers using LAX. The hotel's 1,234 guest rooms are equipped with WiFi and feature bright, modern furnishings. Keep up with work in the business center, or utilize this Los Angeles hotel's 55,000 sq. Ft. of meeting space for seminars and conferences. After a busy day, relax in the heated outdoor swimming pool and wind down in the whirlpool. Keep fit in the 24-hour fitness center, or simply enjoy a quiet stroll in one of the hotel's four outdoor garden areas. Enjoy delicious food in one of the hotel's four dining venues. Savor a Chinese breakfast at The Cafe, or experience the delights of northern Italian cuisine in Andiamo at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Los Angeles Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Los Angeles Airport Hotel Los Angeles
- Hilton Hotel Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Hilton