“Typically american motel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #232 of 348 Hotels in Los Angeles
The Netherlands
“Typically american motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Me and my two daughters stayed here for two nights. I found it awful, my daughters loved it because it is a typical motel. I woke up at 4 in the morning because someone at the first level took a shower. I thought he was taking the shower in my room. Furthermore the hotel needs a proper renovation. But if you look at the price its OK, and its fun to have experienced that typical american feeling (according to my daughters).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank DivingDutchman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Sea Rock Inn is the best. I'm really happy to have stayed for 3 weeks. Great value for the price. Terry was excellent, very pleasant and very helpful. I highly recommend this place to everyone, you won't be dessapointed.

• Stayed June 2012
Gardena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Would certainly recommend.
Price is good. Location is very attractive. Spacious parking lot. There are different restaurants, casinos, convenience stores around. All the beaches of LA are also at drive by distances. Many car rental locations nearby.
Staff is very professional & helpful. Room service is excellent with an effort that is customer-oriented. Rooms are neat with a comfortable & clean bed,Cable TV & daily housekeeping.

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Price is really good for what you get. Even we booked a non-smoking room, it smelled a little special, but doesn't matter. Important things were all good: Clean, Friendly Staff, Good Location! In L.A you need anyway a car, therefore the location is really good. Unfortunately the pool was always closed in the evening, so we couldn't go for a swim during our stay.
Receptionist was gorgeous, so nice, friendly and helpful. I would recommend the Hotel! :-)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Cookstown, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

it is an excellent hotel which is value for money, exceptional service, the staff is very nice and friendly, I fully recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to have an access to all attractions of LA by the car within 30 min. Thank you very much again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mick K
Chandler, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Ya... i agree that hotel is value for money. Anyway, i just want to share some experience i had recently.
i booked the hotel for 2 days. The first day, even though i put the sign "Do not disturb" outside of the door, there are still staff going in to switch off our air conditioner and lights when we are not around. 2nd day, we packed most of our bags in the car and going out for breakfast and i didnt check out yet (the "Do not disturb" sign still there), but when i returned to the hotel at 10am, our room door was open, 2 guys were inside our room (not sure what were they doing, definitely not room cleaning), the manager in charge came quickly towards me and said he was sorry and thought that i had left as his staff already saw me packing earlier on. He was then took my item that i left in the room to me.

Just some sharing.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank adrianlau88

Travelers are raving about these Los Angeles hotels

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

So I missed the last flight of the night and was stuck in LAX overnight...and it just happened to by a big convention week in town, and the night the Kings were skating for the Stanley Cup...very few rooms anywhere west of the I-5 for less than 200 bucks.

Saw this place on a Google search, gave them a call, and - since I still had my rental car - was there in a few minutes.

Mind you, the Sea Rock Inn is nothing fancy - but it was clean, available, and priced competitively for what you get - no complaints.

What knocked my socks off about this property was the professionalism and care of the night manager, Michael.

From the way he took my details on the phone, I expected a trained hotel professional - but when I arrived I was surprised to meet a young guy not more than a few years out of college.

As an airline captain, I have seen more than my share of hotels in a lifetime - but I cannot recall the last time I was impressed with the kind of friendly, attentive, and professional service that Michael afforded this late arriving guest.

Moreover, Michael gets my "Above And Beyond" award for the way he handled an - admittedly - unusual request upon my checking in that evening.

Having missed the deadline earlier that evening for delivering a large parcel to an overseas courier service, I inquired if Michael would be comfortable in taking custody and holding the parcel until the service picked it up the next day - this so I could make my re-booked flight early the next morning.

Not only did Michael immediately indicate his willingness to help, but he took care to phone the day manager that would relieve him in the morning to ensure that there would be no surprises or glitches.

Who would think that 5-star service would be available at 11pm from a 2-star motel in South Central?

If you are a potential guest considering the Seal Rock Inn, I can only offer my positive recommendation - as long as you looking for cheap and clean and nothing more, you will be OK...

...and if you happen to be the managing director of the Seal Rock Inn, I strongly suggest you consider Michael for a position of greater responsibility - or be prepared to lose him, as any large hotel - or service-oriented company - will hire this young man in a heartbeat once they see his work ethic, attentive approach, and readiness to 'go the extra mile' for his guests.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business