“Wonderful food!”
Review of Pecorino

Pecorino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pecorino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #988 of 10,202 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Westside
Cross street: Barrington & Wilshire
Reviewed January 7, 2012

This restaurant is a neighborhood gem, with really quaint interiors, and a kitchen area that is exposed to the dining room. Their food is authentic Italian with variety of interesting appetizers, wonderful pastas, and great entrees, however a little pricey but worth every penny! Their pasta is one of the best in LA, and their meats are incredible. I always order their carbonara (spaghetti w/beaten eggs, home made bacon, and pepper), because it is unlike anything I've had here locally. However, almost any other pasta I've had is really amazing, so definitely try it any or ALL. For our main, we split the 20 oz. Bistecca, their bone-in rib eye steak, and it was excellent! This restaurant is one of my top favorites in Los Angeles, and it never disappoints!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Party of six, 1/3 loved their dish, 1/3 good, 1/3 not so good. We had a female waitress that was average service at best. Dishes did not come out at once - rather staggered. Also, no pepper offered with salads & no one was around to ask during that course. Prices high given these limitations

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I went there with my family, wife and three kids. Service is good. Atmosphere is nice, not noisy which is important to me. Food was good. Dinner for two adults and three kids (2 glasses of wine) cost $260 with only two appetizers. I'm sorry, but that's too much for lasagna and pasta. I'd go back but not with the kids. Maybe for business if I was trying to impress.

The name Pecorino led me to believe that it was more of a down-to-earth place and it is... except for the prices.

Reviewed August 6, 2011

If you are looking for red sauces and pizza this is not the restaurant for you. However, if you are looking for authentic Abruzzo (and beyond) cooking this place is not to be missed. We always feel like we are actually in Italy! Mario greets you at the door and his brother is the chef. Try the sole with thinly sliced potato on top or the lamb with baby artichoke. Always a great meal!

Reviewed July 15, 2009

This is absolutely THE BEST Italian restuarant we have ever eaten in in the U.S. The staff stayed open past closing to accommodate us. They were welcoming, knowledgeable, unobtrusive, wonderful. The menu is glorious, and the specials even more so. We had pasta of such quality, we could only remember the taste from years ago in Italy. Everything we were served from bread, to salads, to entrees, to wine was simple, delicious, and truly impressive. We will plan future L.A. trips around meals at Pecorino. There is a lot of debate about Italian restaurants in L.A., listen to us, don't go anywhere else!