“One of those places you tell everyone about”

Diddy Riese Cookies
Ranked #2 of 265 Dessert in Los Angeles
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Westside
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We hopped in a line that went down the block at around 11pm. The line looks intimidating, but don’t let it deter you. There is a reason everyone will stand in it regardless of the length. They are very efficient and the line moves quickly. The cookies and ice cream are unbeatable. It seems like such a simple concept. But it is done to perfection here. Never do we get bad service. It’s always the same, and always awesome. We went 3 times on our recent 10 day trip. I would highly suggest the peanut butter ice cream between 2 chocolate chip with walnut cookies. There are 10 choices of cookies and you're bound to find some you like. If you get a ice cream sandwich you can pick any 2 cookies (they can even be different) then your choice of ice cream.The price has now moved to $1.75 per sandwich, but it’s still a great deal. This is one of those places that you tell everyone you know about and that you don’t miss when you visit. You will also leave wanting to open one up in your hometown. Glad we grabbed a Dirty Dozen to take home with us. We will be back.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our trips to L.A. always include at least 2 stops to Diddy Riese. My husband went to Law School at UCLA so that is how we know about it. There are often long lines that are worth it. The cookies are fresh, soft, and cheap! You can make an ice cream sandwich out of any 2 cookies and ice cream for less than $2. Just remember, CASH ONLY!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

With the line out front I figured, "it must be good why would so many people be in line?" I was wrong. I was under whelmed with the cinnamon sugar, and the macadamia white chocolate cookie. I felt like they were both too sweet and hard to eat them both. I also tried my husbands chocolate chip what I found to be a little better, but I have also had many a chocolate chip cookie that was better then this. The ice cream was creamy and nice, but I mine as well go and get it at the grocery store since this was the high light. They serve dryers which you can get at any local grocerie store across America. They just opened a crepe place across the street and I wish we would have just went there.

1  Thank LeahWynn
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Bumped into Diddy Riese long queue after dinner with a friend and decided to join the crowd for fun! Nicest cookies I have had so far! Price range is wallet friendly so it won't burn a hole at all. My favorite is the oatmeal raisin and the double choc. Ice cream sandwich is awesomely good and should complement a light after dinner desert. Well done DR cookies!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

The cookies are very fresh and very tasty. They are $4 for a dozen. They offer sundaes, ice cream sandwiches, cookies and brownies. Their website has their menu. We ordered a dozen cookies and an ice cream sandwich. The ice cream sandwich was huge and was a little tricky to eat but delicious. Next time we will ask for less ice cream. They have lots of different flavors of cookies and ice cream. They also offer a bag of a dozen day old cookies for $1.50. I'm not easily impressed with baked goods but it was worth the wait and we will definitely be back.