“Awesome Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: North San Fernando Valley
Reviewed August 27, 2013

The best reason to eat in Northridge. I was trapped in the valley, driving around trying to find a good meal. A Google search and review directed me to Lum-Ka-Nadd. It's located in an unspectacular strip mall on the verge of a terrible part of town.
The decor is elegant. The restaurant is clean and the service was amazing. I just wish I could have explored the menu more. Other patrons had impressive looking hot pots with a burners underneath. My meal was amazing.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My husband was hesitant to try any restaurant on the Reseda strip. He preferred Ventura Blvd. so I walked in first just to ask for the To-Go Menu just to scope how the inside would be and it was clean and "safe."
The kitchen is open to view so I especially like this(it's always nice to see how clean the kitchen is maintained - especially for an Asian restaurant).
We ate light because I wasn't particularly hungry. My husband ordered the Singapore Noodles with Curry. It was very good but the noodles were a little too sticky and the portion size could have been just a little more.
I had the fried bananas which was served with honey. It was good. I tend to stay away from fried desert but I haven't had one in a while so this was a treat that I'm giving myself maybe once a year.
We had the fresh coconut water and sadly whomever tried to open it didn't do a good job and butchered it. It was a very small one-inch opening so it would have been difficult to scrape out the coconut meat. It was frustrating so we asked to have it opened more(it should have been in the first place). The waiter offered to just cut it in half but when you do that you lose all the juices :-(
We would consider returning and trying other dishes.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We have been to Lum Ka Naad a few times, and have yet to be disappointed. We love the food, the menu, and the hours (thank you for being open when we're driving home from Six Flags!). Having sampled a few things, we now regularly get the Kang Ho, the Khao Soy, and a side of Pad See Ew (yes, we go home with leftovers, which we're also glad to have the next morning).

The waitstaff is pretty good, though we often come by late and they're busy with other tasks. They're nice, though, and they're good about nailing down how spicy you want things (we do not take our food "Thai spicy", but I suspect that they'll do it for you).

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I did frequent here with my family for a while, but I feel that recently they have started to disappoint me in terms of consistency, I have ordered the same dish 3 different times, and it tasted way different. The staff are nice. THe place is clean. Its tiny though, parking sucks and sometimes you can feel neglected.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I have been to Lum-Ka-Naad a number of times and am always amazed at how good the food is. Having been to Thailand several times, this food truly reminds me of food in that country and has spoiled me for any other local Thai restaurants. The fresh ingredients and the superb recipes from both the north and south of the country are extraordinary. Have the owner or one of the more experienced wait staff assist you in picking food from the very extensive menu if you are not familiar with the cuisine. Traditional Thai food, as well as pan-Asian foods are served, but as you are at a Thai restaurant, why not stick with those foods? Limited parking is available in the rear, as well as nearby street parking. I very much like the ambiance of the restaurant and find it a step above its competitors. Prices are moderate and appropriate. Some of the younger wait staff are abrupt; make clear to them that you are not in a rush. A great find for authentic food.