1,006 results
All reviews venice beach jim morrison rooftop breakfast authentic venice front desk full kitchen ocean view pull out bed stay in venice hardwood floors rooftop deck historic hotel amazing location recommend staying here living room rooms are spacious santa monica
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

When I knew I would be spending two days near Venice Beach, I stumbled across this gem of a hotel, but I am beyond blown away by how cool this place is. Built in the early 1900’s by Laurel & Hardy, and with many famous former residents (most notably Morrison who lived in 205), this hotel has now been beautifully restored. Lots of exposed brick and original features (like Pullman hideaway beds, of Pullman train car fame). Kitchens and many bathrooms are fully updated. Amazing combination of modern comfort with historic details.

I had the chance to meet Timothy who had amazing customer service - he shared some of the history and gave me a tour. He pointed out the incredible rooftop deck and shared some of the history. Front desk staff were incredibly helpful in finding local food and amazing local / hidden bars.

Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank jsladky
Reservations E, Front Office Manager at Ellison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Jsladky,

Thank you for sharing out your experience! Glad to hear you enjoyed the unique history of the property and, character of it. The building has many stories to tell = ). We hope to see you soon in the near future!

Manny

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a really good value for money apartment. Fabulous location right by the beach. Really arty building with a very clever use of space. Apartment has all the basic equipment that you would need-cooking facilities are good and a powerful shower.
Breakfast was on the rooftop-fairly basic but enough to keep you going until lunch. Helpful staff who allowed us to store luggage before check in and after check out.
It was really warm in the apartment

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Devin R, Manager at Ellison Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thanks for the great rating and review! Come stay with us again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Manny and Lola were great and encouraged me to book another stay with thier hospitality. Everything about this hotel was 5 star expect for the breakfast selection. However, the front desk had offered me a coupon for a nearby diner which I will save for my next visit.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Hey Gary, so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope to have you revisit soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful location and the rooms were comfy. Lola provided exceptional costumer service and made my stay top notch with magnificent recommendations and care to assure my satisfaction. Venice was a unique experience very different from my home but staying here made me feel like I was right at home - a much more beautiful and interesting home. Lola was not just a concierage, she was a friend and I look forward to returning on my next holiday.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I found the Ellison Suites in a last minute pitch on a 3rd party website as I just needed a place to stay. After staying here a few nights I have to say that I'm more than impressed with my experience. The hotel has a Venice of old nostalgic feel to it, with some really interesting history as it was built in the 1920's . My room was large with full kitchen, exposed brick and a view of the ocean.The staff has been extremely helpful and accommodating during my stay, special thanks to Timothy & Lola you guys rock. I know Ellison Suits will be my go to place to stay when I come to L.A.

Trip type: Traveled on business