“Amazing tacos AND THE LEMONADE!”

Sky's Gourmet Tacos
Ranked #1,325 of 9,980 Restaurants in Los Angeles
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Neighborhood: Central L.A
Description: Sky’s™ Gourmet Tacos offers the finest quality Mexican food with a splash of soul. Join us for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Customers have nominated the shrimp tacos as our signature dish. Other favorites include filet mignon, lobster, mahi-mahi, salmon and tilapia tacos. We also have a full vegan and vegetarian menu, specialty salads, and tortas.
Columbus, Georgia
“Amazing tacos AND THE LEMONADE!”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This place is kind of a hole in the wall but don't judge it. The shrimp tacos were to die for. AND if you like lemonade you MUST try their hibiscus version. You can taste the cane sugar and the mix of flavors is perfect and refreshing. It was like a drug it was so good.

Visited September 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Elevates the taco!”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We drove by a few times and decided to try this place for lunch on a Saturday. Very laid back and friendly staff. I ordered the grilled shrimp tacos and my partner ordered a steak taco and a pork taco. Both come with the usual fixings but the sauces that send it to another level!

Sky came out when I asked to meet her to let her know that these were the best tacos I had had in a very long time. Truly soulful in it's prep and delivery!

Will be going back!

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Shrimp is the winner!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I've had chicken and turkey taco's here and shrimp is my FAVORITE! They USE to use TWO tortillas on the taco and have scaled back to one which makes it EVEN better. Their taco shells are dipped and seasoned. It's truly a great taste. The taco's are VERY filling. The guacamole and chips is a MUST! FRESH chips too! The lemonade is yummy with more tart than sweet which goes GREAT with the tacos.

The service from my experience is better during the day vs evening. Seems like the evenings are staffed with people HOPING not to get busy and they have a tendency to be a little slower and get a little confused when there is a crowd.

Although FAST..the food is cooked to order so it takes longer. NO this is not a QUICK in and out spot. However, they do take phone orders if you want to order in advance to speed it up.

But always best to enjoy your food fresh right there on site. It's small and indoor and outdoor seating is limited.

• Visited October 2013
Midwest
“Tacos with soul indeed!!”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This review is specific to the carnitas tacos I just consumed, along with the green sauce. I know LA has some amazing taco places, and I've only eaten at a handful I must say that this place has the best tacos in the city HANDS DOWN. Flavorful yet messy and so worth the wait in line! Be advised it's a small place with no public restroom so make sure to wash your hands before arriving. I say this because I came straight from the beach and ended up having to take my tacos to go.

Will definitely make this a regular stop when I am in town!

• Visited October 2013
Santa Monica, California, United States
“Great Vegan Tacos”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I eat vegan or vegetarian three times a week, my friend took me to Sky's and I was a skeptic at first but after having a this delicious potato and chicken burrito, not your typical burrito it was awesome, and I tried the vegan taco a few days later. I am now a fan, the lemonade was a bit too sweet but the food is reasonably priced, fresh and really good. It has it's own ambiance worth hanging out indoors or out.

• Visited March 2013