“LA Hood Tour”

Ranked #7 of 284 Tours in Los Angeles
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

I by far thought this was the best tour I've taken in LA! Big Mike was cool and educated us on each area. I had a wonderful time! At first i thought the price was a little high but it was worth every penny! I highly recommend it. Big Mike made this tour very comfortable and really fun for 3 hours! A shout out to Big Mike: Glad a met ya even though it was for a short time! Stay safe and godspeed!

All reviews
"movie locations"
"highlight of our trip"
"booked this tour"

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Steve was a great guide through LA getto hoods, lot of hip hop, movie and gang life knowladge gained! Recommend.

Also a Movie-star tour in Beverlyhills was nice.

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We did the Hood Life tour and our guide Big Mike was amazing. Born and raised in South LA, he was very knowledgeable and knew the neighbourhoods like the back of his hand. He was also somewhat of a local celebrity and received praise from friends we crossed along the tour. It was supposed to last three hours but it went on for an extra 40 minutes which we are obviously happy about. Also we ended up having a private tour on a large comfortable suburban. Honestly, I highly recommend this to any westside music buff, or anyone with a slight interest in hip-hop. Exceeded our expectations for sure. Thanks Big Mike!!!! He was the sweetest and we definitely felt safe. He answered every and any questions we had, gave us full details and stories! Very memorable!

1  Thank Jessica Z
Reviewed June 21, 2018

We came to visit San Diego and spent a couple days in LA as well all the way from Georgia. One of my Sorors had told me about this tour and suggested that we take it. I'm so very glad we did! This tour was EVERYTHING and more! Even though I'm a middle school principal, I LOVE everything hood, lol! This was such a great experience and being able to view movie locations and childhood homes of some of my favorite rappers was priceless! The tour guide, Stephen, was EXCEPTIONAL! His energy, his knowledge, his passion.....all those things were exemplified during this tour! His own personal story is always very amazing. I hope you guys get him as your guide when you go, lol! He kept us entertained the entire time! Oh and I feel like I currently have a bachelors degree in gang history now, lol! Lots of history and information on the gangs there!

You are allowed to get on and off the tour at certain stops and that was really dope! We actually ran into Easy E's son while riding by his childhood home.....AND get this....his son was outside!! Cool as a fan! He talked to us and allowed us to take pictures and all!

Ultimately, this was an unforgettable experience and when I return I'm taking the same tour!!!! Oh and also....if you submit an email inquiry, you WILL get a response within minutes! I really appreciated that as well! These guys really take the time to answer all of your questions forehand and will do the courtesy of responded promptly! I'm actually sad we have to go back to Atlanta, lol!

Oh and we did the celebrity homes tour as well.....honest opinion, it was just okay. Nowhere near as entertaining and fun as the hood tour. Sorry :(

WESTSIDE!