“I LOVE WARNER CENTER MARRIOTT” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills

Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
Ranked #75 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
Woodland, California
“I LOVE WARNER CENTER MARRIOTT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I am an employee of a Woodland Hills company near this Marriott. I frequent them often for business lunches, casual meetings over drinks and Starbuck runs. So when I decided to throw a baby shower for two of my coworkers I naturally thought of the Breeze Restaurant inside the Marriott Warner Center, especially since the service I have received in the past is always top notch. I can't say enough how helpful, courteous and friendly the staff was. I worked with Leo, Leon and Victor on the details and set up. As expected I was more than pleased with the success of my shower. All my guests were eager to tell me how much they enjoyed the food and venue. Great Job Marriott and thanks again for all you do!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Anthony E, Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your kind words, you can count on us as usual

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Allen, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

In January of 2014, my husband, son and I were flying standby to Australia, and did not get on the flight. We immediately needed a place to stay for the night. This property is only about a 20 minute drive, (no traffic!), from LAX. It was clean and comfortable. Although this is an older property, they have kept it up nicely. There is a Starbucks in the lobby which is very nice. There were areas in the lobby where you could charge your devices and go online. There is a P.F. Changs across the street as well as a shopping center, which came in handy. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Be aware that the Executive Lounge closes at noon on Friday. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
Lauderhill, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Super clean, super staff and super prices!! Will definitely stay here again on my next visit to the area. Front desk and concierge personnel were very friendly and helpful. Great lobby bar and loved having the Starbucks downstairs to get my day off with just the right kind of coffee and quick nosh. You won't go wrong with this hotel.

Portland, Or
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I stayed one late night at this location. The hotel looked very nice and the lobby/bar was very lively. The rooms were clean and provided robes, which is always a nice touch. The club level breakfast didn't disappoint with fresh fruit and a warm buffet. One major bonus was a Starbucks in the lobby saving me from an extra stop in the morning (I'm assuming a contract Starbucks, but still a Starbucks). I did not get a chance to see the fitness center or sauna, and I was really hoping to see the sauna their website claims they have.

The biggest problem I had were all the add-ons. Self parking cost $11 with tax. Internet was over $10 and that's even considering my membership status. It's really not too surprising; nicer hotels always charge for common amenities. If I was staying more than one night I would probably chose a Residence Inn or Courtyard to save money. Well, I might stay a second night so I could use the sauna.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Nickleec,

Thank you for the review of our Hotel! Since completing a full renovation of our Lobby/Lounge and Restaurant, they have become a favorite place for our guests to gather and enjoy the lively atmosphere, while still warm and inviting for those traveling alone! We take pride in offering more that the standard faire in our Concierge Lounge, as we responded to the preferences of our frequent travelers. Our Starbucks is fully licensed, so the same great quality of a freestanding store. As far as the add-ons, as a full service Marriott Hotel, like all major brands, we are required to charge for internet in our guestrooms, however we provide free wireless in our public areas! As all Hotels in this area, even some of the limited service properties, we do charge for parking, as we do not own the garage, but we try to keep those charge down as much as possible.

You'll have to visit our fitness center the next time you stay with us! Not many Hotels have a Stair Machine and Spin Bike, but again, we listen to the needs of our valued guests, and the sauna is a nice touch too!!

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we look forward to serving you in the future!

Clay Andrews
Uriah, Al
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed there 6 nights from Jan 2 - Jan 7 2013. I read a lot of reviews & most were good but some were not & thus I was hesitate to stay there. However, we did stay there & I am glad we did. As some others had said, the room & bath area were small in comparison with most Marriott. The bath was small but it was very clean & as others had noted, the caulking around the tub area was like new & there was good water pressure for the shower. My wife really like the good lighting in the bath room. Someone had previously noted that there was not coffee in the rooms. That person must have overlooked it because we had coffee every morning in our room. In fact, after the first day, they started leaving more coffee in our room.
The bed was very comfortable.
The staff were great & seem like they had time for you. In most cases, they would refer to me by name.
The buffet breakfast was $15 which is about what you pay at most hotels that have a breakfast buffet. There was a good variety and the food was good. We did eat dinner there two nights & the food was good but it was a short menu of items to pick from.
They do charge $12 for the internet in the room. I would recommend to them that not charge for this. However, when I arrive they gave me, since I was a Marriott Rewards member, a choice of some free items & one was a one day free use of the internet in my room. I used it in the middle of my stay & since we were there on pleasure that was really all the time that I had to use the internet. It would have been a different story if I had been there on business.
Great place to stay & I would recommend

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Cairns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is showing its age a bit, rooms are a little on the small side, but that would be the only downside to this hotel. Staff are wonderful, friendly, helpful, rooms are clean, beds comfy. Breakfast buffet is very good value. AMC cinemas across the road, huge Westfield shopping centre less than five minute walk away. A great place to stay if in Woodland Hills

1 Thank Rosscoe68
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

I always expect from Marriott top service and nice amenities, but this hotel is the exception. The hotel was outdated 10 years ago, it is not even well maintained, the rooms are ridiculously small, there is an extra charge for everything like internet and to add insult to injury at 6:30 PM (and 4 phone calls to housekeeping) they had still not cleaned the room. This is a n overpriced mediocre hotel not worthy of its name.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank salomon v
Dear Salito 1,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. We do use feedback such as yours as opportunities to improve service to all our valued guests. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. Please know we are constantly working to improve our Hotel, and completed a full renovation of the lobby and restaurant last summer. We also have replaced furniture in all the guestrooms, and have another renovation coming soon to a large portion of our rooms and public areas. Also we provide free wireless internet in our publics areas for your convenience.

We do hope that if your travels bring you back to our area, you will give us the opportunity to serve you as the valued guest you are.

Clay Andrews
#85 of 349 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,131 reviews

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!