Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
Ranked #77 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The room was nice, clean and quiet. The little things were missing, internet access, only one coffee with the maker, breakfast or a deal on breakfast. It was disappointing for the price. I would not return to this hotel on my next visit.

1  Thank dcmcm

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Not sure what's going on at this Marriott, but it was not the best of experiences. Our room was not ready until 6 PM. Once we got to the room, it smelled of what I can really only liken to bad BO. We had to open the patio door (with much effort) to air the room out. The pillows on the bed are a total quandary to me. You have two choices... small, flat pillows, or huge way over-stuffed, hard pillows. Nothing in-between. Room was very small for the price, with a small TV and no fridge. The workout facility was nice and the pools clean. There is a fire pit out back which was nice, but it seems that Marriott allows open smoking back there, so a dozen smokers were sitting around the patio making it unbreathable for others. Bad choice by Marriott. We will not be staying at this Mariott again. Just confirms that the full service hotels are a terrible deal compared to the mid-level chains like Courtyard.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed here when my father was rushed to a nearby hospital. I was not sure how long we would stay due to my father’s condition. Johnny, the manager accommodated us by extending our stay for 2 more nights and we can check out early if needed without penalty. That was really nice. It helped lighten up the stress we are already in. They also accommodate us for a 4 hours late check-out, which was very helpful (as we transferred to another Marriott hotel when my father was transferred to another hospital for a heart procedure). Overall staffs here are mostly friendly and willing to help, even the Valet parking staffs.

The hotel itself was located right next to the mall and restaurants; convenient. However, the lobby was not very impressive. It looks a bit clutter due to the cramp space - The lounging chairs, Starbucks chairs, bar and front desk are all in one open space. But it was clean as expected.

The concierge lounge was pretty awesome, they serve decent continental breakfast. They also serve snacks in the afternoon like cheeses, crackers, fruits and chicken wings (see pics) and they also have dessert bar at nights.

They have indoor/outdoor pool which was really neat. When I come back from visiting my father in the hospital, I take my toddler swimming - up until 10pm! Since it's indoor, the water and the overall temperature was nice and warm. A relaxing break from all the stress!

ISSUE: They double charged me for Parking (which was pretty steep to begin with) - One self and one valet parking fee per day. And this still happened even after the fact that I specifically informed front desk that I have changed from valet to Self Park. I even told them "make sure to change it so you do not double charge me". Anyway, I called the hotel and spoke to Veronica; she said she would make adjustments. I have not seen any credits as of yet. My schedule during the day is so hectic that I just couldn't find time to follow-up on this. I know people do make mistake, it's still such a hassle nonetheless.

Despite the issue, it’s still an overall 3.5 stars rating (pushing to a weak 4 stars). And I don’t think I’d mind staying here again in the future.

1  Thank Thor G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We were in the area on business and were booked into this Marriott by our hosts. It was a great location for both our business and a few personal dinners when we met friends from the Westside in Studio City for dinner. I also had to go to Century City and since I know the roads and short cuts in LA well, the drive from the Marriott was simple. Breakfast was fine here, but the restaurant was very slow during lunch and late night. I liked the open lobby/restaurant. The pool is tiny with few seats. Happy for Starbucks in lobby and there were other restaurant choices a short walk away. This is no place to stay unless you need to be in the Valley. Elevator traffic was a problem because of a convention. Not a vacation locale unless you want to be close to Malibu which is a lovely ride down Topanga Canyon.

Room Tip: This is a tall building so there are views in all directions from higher floors.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was chosen as a place for an event that we attended. I think it was okay but I am not giving it a great rating for several reasons. I have been traveling a lot recently and staying at other hotels that are ranked one step down from this one but I have had better experiences at them for a lower cost, better beds, no fees for parking and free breakfast buffets and free coffee in the room. This hotel: no free breakfast, excessive charges for parking, two double beds in the room instead of two queens option and no coffee pot in the room. I don't think the valet parking and fancy lobby make this a better place to stay for me and the beds were not that fabulous even though the management seems to think so since they have a catalog that offers everything in the room for sale. The location is right across from a mall which is nice if you want to see a movie or shop. We did not use the valet parking. We parked on the street around the corner from the hotel and this was free.

1  Thank dafnaanfad
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Needed a place to stay for one night as a means to an end. Not too many choices in the Valley that I know of. Valet was helpful as I wanted to park my own car. Check in was easy. Conceriege was a bit shifty but friendly. Room was well appointed. Best part of stay was a Starbucks in the lobby. At $230 for the night, I thought a little pricey but I could have found something cheaper. All in all, I would recommend but not as a vacation destination.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Nice Marriott in good location - near highway, close to Malibu. Spacious, rooms with comfy bed and nice pillows. Great service provided by the employees - from the valet parking guys to door holders, to the check in / front desk to the bartendresses and cleaning crews. However, watch out - parking lot parking is not free for guests or Marriott members and in-room WiFi/Internet access is at ~$13/day which is a rip off (they'll let you know it's free in the lobby - ho-boy...who wants to work in the lobby?). And now, I'm on my way to the Marriott Airport at DTW and they offer FREE WiFi. Wish there was a consistent pricing system across the brand.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#89 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!