“Great property!”

Ranked #73 of 349 Hotels in Los Angeles
saskatoon
“Great property!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

Was at hotel for 9 days for a racquetball function. My only complaint was that there is no fridge or microwaves in hotel! Staff friendly and very accomodating. Not bad to park at and nice and close to the mall and PF Changs. Close to shopping and purchased styrofoam coolers for drinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review, hummer022. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed our friendly and accommodating staff, I will be sure to share your compliment with them. I am also glad to see that you enjoyed our convenient location and local area. I apologize that microwaves and refrigerators were not available during your stay, but we just purchased more, so that will not be a problem in the future. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've been staying at this hotel over the past 2 years for work.

Location: This is about 35 minutes from the LAX airport and 30 min from the Burbank Bob Hope airport. However, accounting for traffic, I'd at least 2 hours to get the LAX and 1.5 hours to get to Burbank (assuming you're not checking in any luggage). This hotel isn't a prime spot to experience LA for what it has, but it's good if you're in town for business. Across the hotel, you'll find a few walkable spots: a small westfield mall, an AMC movie theater, and some eateries (i.e. Ruth's Chris, The Rack - sports lounge + pool table). Westfield Topanga Canyon is larger and nicer and a little further down, probably not walkable. It has easy access to the 101 freeway. Also, there's a park behind the hotel and there's often weekend events held here.

Booking: Generally there's always availability, unless there's a big meeting/event in town. I'd say that happened once every 2-3 months...

Parking: There's a parking garage for about $13/night (not including tax). However, there's some street parking alongside Vassar Ave. Street parking tends to fill up by 8-9pm. (Another note, if you're parking in the garage, allot 5 more minutes to your commute. After you exit the lot, you have to wait for the stop light to turn, which takes a while to turn green.) When there are weekend events, they open up the garage to event attendees as well for $10. Make sure you tell them you're a hotel guest so you're not charged the $10. They also have valet, but I've never used this.

Staff: They're friendly and professional. I'll need to update this review with the names of the folks I'd like to highlight. There's this one petite lady at the front desk who recognizes me and is able to get me quickly checked in the moment she sees me rolling in on a Sunday evening. Also, the guy at the concierge lounge who works in the evenings is extremely nice! Also, every morning, the guys working the door at the front always open the door and greet me. Great way to start the morning!

Concierge Lounge: For those who are Elite members, yes, there is a concierge lounge! I believe operating hours are Sunday evening - Friday morning with snacks/desserts (7:30pm - 10pm) in the evening, breakfast in the morning (6:30am - 9am), and hors d'oeuvres (5pm - 7pm). [I need to check those times...]. The guy that works there in the evenings remembers me and always greets me with the biggest smile and hello! His attitude has not faded over the 2 years I've been traveling there. Snacks/desserts generally are brownies and cookies. Breakfast is scrambled eggs, bacon, oatmeal, cereal, fruit, yogurt. Hors d'oeuvres include chicken wings, asian like eggrolls, this mushroom thing wrapped in flaky/wonton like paper, celery/carrot/brocoli. Of course, unlimited beverages (must pay for the alcohol though). When the concierge is closed (i.e. during holidays), they'll give Elite members vouchers to their restaurant for breakfast.

Rooms: Standard/typical rooms. Floors 12-14 are the concierge floors and have more up to date rooms/furniture. Floor 15 is also an executive floor, but you don't have direct access to the concierge lounge. The top floor has high ceilings, hence feels bigger, but I hate that there's a rolling door to the bathroom. Typical of all hotels, they have heavy doors... so that means doors slamming left and right.

Crowd: I've noticed that there's mostly business travelers and large families. They hold various conferences here, so you'll have those folks mixed in as well. During the summer, they had some recurring pool party on Sundays... made it feel like a hotel in Vegas. At that time, the crowd walking around was a lot younger.

Starbucks: There's a Starbucks inside the hotel. So this made it convenient for me every time I felt like getting some coffee in the morning. The workers there remembered me, so it was always a nice little chitchat in the morning. Sometimes the lines get long around 8am... and there's only 2-3 people working the drinks, so it takes about 15+ min when that happens. Otherwise, when there's no line, allot about 5-8 minutes.

Others: There's a Hertz on site as well. I've never used it, but this is probably convenient for those who need rentals.

Random: During my stay, there were 2-3 events that caused them to close down Vassar Ave. One was a local carnival like event. The other two were camera crews.... one of which was shooting for The Office!

Room Tip: Parking: park on Vassar ave to save $13/night. (get there before 8-9pm to snag a spot) For elite me...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank itsmichau
Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. Most importantly, thank you for your repeated business and for returning to us year after year. Your compliments will certainly be shared with the team; we always love hearing from our guests and it will encourage them to keep up the great work. Your detailed experiences and tips will be very helpful for other guests. Your loyal business is sincerely appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please feel free to contact me directly so that I can make sure you continue to experience our exclusive service.
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Maybe it was just this particular weekend, but the hotel was always crowded in the lobby and the valet parking was backed up so much, it was difficult to get through the turnaround.

The rooms were clean and quiet, with the exception of the slamming doors in the morning--a problem which plagues many hotels.

They allow dogs, which I appreciated, and I was on a dog floor. I only heard barking dogs when I was walking down the hall, never in my room--which goes to show you how thick the walls are.

The beds are comfortable, and the pillows adequate. HDTVs in the rooms work and look good.

Internet is free in the lobby, but not in the rooms. I never get that. Just give guests free wireless!

Starbucks in the lobby was convenient, as was the proximity to the mall (across the street) and other restaurants.

Workout room was clean, bright and stocked high-end machines. Overlooked the indoor pool.

Left out one star only because there was one day where piles of dirty laundry (sheets/towels) sat in the hallway ALL DAY LONG. Was disconcerting and not characteristic of a fine hotel like this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear photojennifer – I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us including our comfortable beds, quiet guest rooms, and high quality HDTVs. Additionally, I am happy that you were able to enjoy the local area and that you enjoyed our Starbucks location and our fitness center. Your feedback about the valet parking and the linens that were left in the hallway will be shared with our team so that we can make necessary adjustments. It is my hope that I will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!
Cincy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

Even my room that mostly had a view of the parking garage had a view of the mountains. When checking in the front desk clerk offered to give me a tour of the hotel. They had a special event in the bar area for Monday Night Football. Breakfast was included with my stay. Breakfast included an omelet bar, pancakes, potatoes, bagels, cereal, fruit, etc. There's a mall across the street and a bigger mall about a mile down the road.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear k137, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed a restful and invigorating stay. It is very gratifying to hear that you enjoyed our legendary Marriott service. I will be sure to share your comments with our front desk team as well as our food and beverage team, it is always a pleasure to share that their genuine care is enjoyed by our guests. I’d be happy to welcome you back again soon.”
Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

This is a nice hotel with clean rooms-what you'd expect near a business park. Enjoyed the gym, restaurant for dinner/breakfast buffet (great service) and the Starbucks in the lobby was an awesome perk!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear PinkChocolateBeach, I am quite glad to see you experienced a productive and restful stay. Thank you for your compliments about our service at Breeze – An American Grill. I am also happy to hear that enjoyed our convenient location, comfortable guest rooms, fitness center, and Starbucks location. Your review is appreciated, I hope to welcome you back sometime soon.”
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Nice hotel, ok restaurant, Starbuck in the lobby is real good with lite lunches. The rooms are a little smal but adequate, the WiFi worked very well and their convention staff did a great job with setting up meetings rooms and getting the catering done. The only low point was dealing with the parking garage. Having to use passes to get in and out were a pain and the person working the out both was not always very fast on processing the hotel guest pass to get out. The Warner center is across the street and that offered a lot of quick lunch places to go. the neighborhood around the hotel is all very corporate but it was nice to be able to go for a walk.

1 Thank ScottM1
Dear ScottM1 –Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our rooms and our great location. Your compliments about our WiFi service and our convention services team are appreciated. Additionally, I am happy that you were able to enjoy the local area and that you also enjoyed our Starbucks location. Your feedback about parking will be shared with our team so that we can make any necessary improvements. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
Redlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Good service and great stay. The bed was comfortable and I love the linens. The room was fresh and clean. What made this especially amazing was checking out unexpectedly at 2:30 pm a day early and not being charged the extra day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Adina M – I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a restful experience with our Marriott Revive beds. Our housekeeping team will be pleased to hear that you found your room to be “fresh and clean.” I will be sure to share your compliments with our front desk team about your unexpected early departure. Thank you for your review, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Los Angeles
South San Fernando Valley
Hilton Woodland Hills/Los Angeles
BEST WESTERN Woodland Hills Inn
#87 of 349 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Calabasas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,142 reviews

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!