“Great hotel!”

Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
Ranked #84 of 355 Hotels in Los Angeles
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I recently had a great stay at this hotel. Very convenient location with mall and great restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is super clean and the staff very friendly. Great hotel for a great price. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Tinka P - Thank you for sharing your experience. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location, cleanliness, and above all, our friendly staff. Furthermore, I am so glad to see that you would stay with us again, it would be a pleasure to welcome you back!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We booked a room here as we had a party to attend close by. Found a weekend special and gave it a shot. The hotel was not too crowded when we got there so we asked for a room on the top floor (17th fl) for the views. The rooms are updated and nice, but a bit on the small size. It would have been very cozy if our kids and all of the luggage had been with us. There is a mall right across the street so access to food, etc. is as good as it gets. Parking was an extra $15, but we did not get hit with any resort fees, etc. We asked for a taxi and they had one waiting for us when we came downstairs. We would stay here again if it is just the two of us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear itsabigworld321 – I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on our rooms and our great location. I am happy that you were able to enjoy the local area and that you would return to our hotel. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here coz I was at a conference
The breakfast is good but staff is not very eager to serve
Omelette station is often unmanned till there is a 2-3 people and then its takes forever with a dis-interested omelette chef
Rooms are bit cramped
beds are great
Rooms with garden view are better than rooms with road view
Food was below expectations at most meals

Room Tip: Garden View rooms are better
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
WCMGM, General Manager at Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Dear Guest –

Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Your comments will be shared with our Food and Beverage team so that any necessary improvements can be made. I am pleased that you enjoyed our beds and your view. I trust that your conference was enjoyable and successful. I hope that you will stay with us again.

Sincerely - Clay Andrews, General Manager

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I read the reviews, and while I read the negatives, I found the hotel to be in a great location for the mall across the street, and not far from the 101 freeway. This is a business hotel, so don't expect kids to enjoy this place much. Rooms are typical Marriott - nicely appointed, and clean. Safe as well. This place can be full, so make sure of your Reservation! People are friendly, a the breakfast was no surprise, and expensive, like nearby restaurants. I was here for a meeting in the complex next to the hotel and the parking is not free. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest –

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your review. I am very glad you, like so many others, enjoyed our superb location. Additionally, it is very gratifying to know that you found our hotel to be clean, well appointed, and safe. Best of all, I am pleased to see that you enjoyed our friendly staff. Our staff will be pleased to hear about their job well done. Thank you for staying with us during your business trip. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back anytime.

In appreciation - Clay Andrews, General Manager

Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

I have not liked this hotel for some time but continue to stay here because the location is very convenient. But this is the end for me. First night had to sleep across the hall after my air conditioner broke during the night. The next day I had to move to another room.

Hotel smells like mold. Housekeeping is poor. Sinks clogged. Clock time off by an hour. TV remote did not work. Noisy noisy noisy. Kids running in the halls, noisy live music venue across street, hotel has Vegas style pool party on Sunday. And the towels need to be replaced. Shower curtain is dirty and the toilet paper is nasty. I am done with this place.

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Guest –

First and foremost, thank you for returning to our hotel and please accept my apologies for your difficulties during your stay. I have shared your concerns with our housekeeping team so that they can investigate further. It is my goal to provide the best experience possible for our guests and I am disappointed to hear that you experienced a high level of noise from other hotel guests. Rest assured your comments and concerns will be investigated so that we can make necessary improvements.

Sincerely – Clay Andrews, General Manager

Reviewed August 23, 2012

While it is far from being the best this particular Marriot it is better choice when you in this area. It does allow traveling with pets – very convenient and hotel is facing the park where you can walk with your four legs friend.
The pool area is small for this rather large establishment; it does have open air and indoor pools, indoor Jacuzzi, small podium where you can work out located in the same room as indoor pool; sauna exists but was broken since last march.
The restaurant and concierge room offers reasonable food – nothing special.
This hotel located in front of large mall and cinema – helps if you traveling with kids.
Short drive can take you to the Malibu creek for hike and Malibu beach for swim.
I guess my point is convenience, pet friendly and clean “Marriot style service”…

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always welcome and cherish guest feedback. I am very pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and thank you for sharing your tips with other guests so that they can make the most of our fantastic location. In addition, thank you for sharing that you enjoyed our “Marriott style service”, it is something we pride ourselves on. Finally, it is great to hear that you were able to enjoy the convenience of our pet-friendly hotel. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you, and your four legged friend, back sometime soon.

With many thanks – Clay Andrews, General Manager

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I dislike giving poor reviews, but in this case I feel it is appropriate since there were too many issues to ignore. I brought my family and friends for brunch/dinner here.

When we arrived there was no one to be found to direct us to the dining area and when I searched someone out they pointed in the general direction of where to go and mumbled a few words.

There was dirt and trash in the corridor leading into the lobby. Not the greatest sight for a good appetite.

Our reservation was for 1:30pm. We sat down and the service was slow. When we did get our meals from the selection at the food stations we were informed that the stations would be removed shortly as they had to set up for dinner.

We were never informed of this when we made the reservation and if we were told we would have made the reservation earlier to give time for a relaxing meal with time to have beverages beforehand.

Not much worse when it comes to going out to eat than to be extremely rushed to eat fast for fear you may not be able to enjoy each of the food station selections. It was embarrassing to me to have picked the Warner Center Marriott. Paying a good deal of money to get aggravated is not what I would call enjoyable. I can get aggravated in Los Angeles traffic for free.

I spoke to the management in private away from my family and friends and when I explained what had happened they could have cared less. Barely an apology and that seemed inadequate, as he was on the spot.

If this is any reflection of the type of service and the accommodations at this Marriott in Woodland Hills I would avoid the Warner at all costs. There are simply too many other choices.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Best Western Woodland Hills Inn
#85 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Anza Hotel
#2 of 3 in Calabasas

Been to Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills? Share your experiences!